Beach Club Villas Refurb 2022

I know the connecting door is an issue at BWV. But I believe it was moved up to the front of the unit by the time they added BCV.

View attachment 733962
Thanks - I forgot that BCV is "younger" than BRV! So maybe they will add the single Murphy to the living rooms in BCV - have to wait and wonder!

Do the current BCV studios have the single pulldown? Is it where the table is in this floorplan (across from the sofa bed) or under the TV (across from the queen)?

Thanks - I forgot that BCV is "younger" than BRV! So maybe they will add the single Murphy to the living rooms in BCV - have to wait and wonder!

Do the current BCV studios have the single pulldown? Is it where the table is in this floorplan (across from the sofa bed) or under the TV (across from the queen)?
The current BCV studios have the single pull down. I’m 99% sure it’s under the TV.

They can’t add the single Murphy beds to BCV, BRV or BWV 1BR or 2BR living rooms due to the location of the connecting door between living room and studio. However, the sofa beds in the living rooms and studios are being replaced with the queen or double Murphy beds in living rooms and studios respectively.
The last 2 rooms I had at BCV, the connecting door was on the front of the room.

Last edited:
The last 2 rooms I had at BCV, the connecting door was on thr grunt of the room.
Yes, I've been corrected. Tim posted the floor plan on the previous page. I forgot how much "younger" BCV is than BWV and BRV and didn't realize they had fixed that flaw by then. I thought SSR was the first to connect in the entryway, which makes more sense in many ways including under-door noise control.

I’m staying at BCV now and have seen no signs of a refurbishment. However, I’m staying on the second floor and haven’t gone to floors above mine. That leads me to an educated guess that they’re starting on the top floors, then moving their way down.

I’m staying at BCV now and have seen no signs of a refurbishment. However, I’m staying on the second floor and haven’t gone to floors above mine. That leads me to an educated guess that they’re starting on the top floors, then moving their way down.
They are 100% doing it on the 5th floor. I saw it last week. Carpet was pulled up in the hallway. I rode the elevator up there around 8pm after workers were gone for the day.

I know the connecting door is an issue at BWV. But I believe it was moved up to the front of the unit by the time they added BCV.

View attachment 733962
This is correct with the exception of two bedrooms that are on the bend of the building (pool view). This should be about 10 units (2 for each floor) that have the doorway to the 2nd bedroom near the balconies. These are dedicated 2 bedroom units not 2 bedroom lock-off units with a connecting door.

They are 100% doing it on the 5th floor. I saw it last week. Carpet was pulled up in the hallway. I rode the elevator up there around 8pm after workers were gone for the day.
That's great that they're replacing the hallway carpet. it was in tough shape when we stayed last fall.

That's great that they're replacing the hallway carpet. it was in tough shape when we stayed last fall.
They usually do during a refurb. They pretty much always should more frequently though.
BLT has needed new hall carpets for a few years and it's not for lack of trying to clean as every stay I see them on their "machine" going up and down the halls.

I remember BCV has a couple different layouts in 2 bedrooms. One had the door to the 2nd bedroom in the lobby area, we preferred those. Others had the door to 2nd BR in the living room near the outside wall. This made it hard to get to and from if the pullout couch was open (we had 4 kids so used that), so we liked the first example more. I think both were dedicated 2BRs though? BCV was our home resort for many years (now it's BRV).

Is it specified anywhere what actually makes up a soft goods renovation? I wouldn't have thought carpets where necessarily included.

Nothing should ever look worn. If they wait for it to look worn before they replace it, they waited too long.

That’s one issue I had with DVC more so than the hotel side.

Is it specified anywhere what actually makes up a soft goods renovation? I wouldn't have thought carpets where necessarily included.

I believe the BKP building at GF was a soft goods renovation, and that room looks completely different and themed. Same with the Poly.

I am hoping the new rooms look beautiful and more themed

There's no definitive list because some modifications are "as needed." Generally speaking, it can include floor coverings, wall coverings, window coverings, linens, furniture reupholstery and in-room decor (lights, pictures, etc.) It's 7 years between refurbishments, so the work needs to last.

In the past, they've also used lighter refurbishments to update some furniture, TVs and countertops. The new pull down Murphy beds should be going in this time.

Nothing should ever look worn. If they wait for it to look worn before they replace it, they waited too long.

That’s one issue I had with DVC more so than the hotel side.
My worst condition Disney room by far? Hotel side - Beach Club. Not even a contest.

And that room was my second as the 1st one was musty, hadn't been cleaned well and the coffee maker grounds cup hadn't been emptied and had a bit of mold.

My worst "room" was Fort Wilderness Cabin (in a word, musty and weird bedroom layout). 2nd worst was last Sept. at DL Hotel (poor HVAC, leaky sink, and not joking, only hot water). So DVC doing fairly well for me, even if a DVC room needing a Reno, these 2 were worse.

We stayed at BCV over New Year and while the room was in good shape (I wouldn't have expected it to be imminently refreshed, thought maybe it had another 2 years), [deep breath] we were surprised at the lack of Disney feel/touches.

BCV's aesthetic is great for our tastes but we couldn't find a single 'Disney thing' anywhere in the room and were honestly surprised it doesn't get more flak for this considering how much Riviera got when there's many subtle and not-subtle 'Disney things' in those rooms.

It's still in the upper-mid pack of our DVC resort rankings and we'd go back even if nothing changed, but I'd like to see them add some Disney touches during this refurb.

If I had to bet, I'd bet they'll use the 'hidden wall' behind the pulldown bed for some Disney-related art, but hopefully there's also some touches a little less hidden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter