Beach Club tunnel vision - Help!

newarknut

A kid at heart!
We own a direct contract (155 points) at HH. In the past, we owned at BCV and VWL as well. We are pretty locked into BCV as our resort for a new resale contract purchase (170-220 points). HOWEVER, should I be willing to buy at Boardwalk if we really enjoy having the ability to book BCV 7+ months out? I can get locked into an idea and I'm hopeful you all might speak into my situation. We've used our HH points plenty of times at BCV. Of course, it's always "I hope I can get what we want at 7 months out". Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. We could get more points for less at BWV and still be in the Epcot resort area which is our favorite. Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share.

There is a lot of variables here. For me I just wanted an Epcot resort so I was looking at both BCV and BWV listings. I also wanted to go during DVC season of food and wine so 7mos rez isn’t likely especially for a studio. I ended up with BWV and am totally fine with it because I like how it is a slightly closer walk to HS too. It was the perfect # of points and my UY. If you don’t usually travel during high DVC season, then sure, you can consider BWV and try for BCV sometimes. But if your heart is settled on BCV and that’s where you like to stay mostly, then that’s where you should buy. You won’t really be thinking about the money you could have saved for more points at BWV if that’s not where you want to be.

We added on last year at BCV because it was never available in the fall.

We also own at BWV and it is very nice as well, especially with the standard view point category.

I’ve stayed at both but I only own at BCV - I usually don’t have a problem getting a 1Br at BWV with my cheapo OKW or SS points but I make sure I book my BCV 1Br right at 11 months cause even 1Br can go fast - esp. during fall frenzy

Thanks for the input! More points for the same price and some great rates on standard view at BWV make it a tougher decision than I thought. I'm guessing we'll probably land a BCV contract because we really love that resort.

The impression I have gotten is for the Epcot dvc resorts bwv standard is hardest to book, then beach club, and then the bwv garden view. During the big festivals all have challenges booking at 7 months but can get lucky. General advice seems to be if staying here is important to you owning there is worth it.

I say go with what your heart says. For me, frugality wins over, and I would be happy with Boardwalk. But I am of the camp of any DVC Resort is good enough, even SSR. If you aren't okay with Boardwalk, than buy Beach Club. If you are okay with Boardwalk, than it's a toss up, but in your case, I think Beach Club is probably best, with no regrets after the decision and purchase afterwards.

Good Luck on whatever you decide.

Great3

We're still looking and will keep BWV in the mix. It's a great resort too and, if that's where the best deal is, we may end up there!

We're still looking and will keep BWV in the mix. It's a great resort too and, if that's where the best deal is, we may end up there!

See, it didn't take long to appeal to your logical side, versus giving in to your emotional side. I learn long ago not to argue with points against the emotional feelings, once your heart is dead set. But if isn't, than yeah, by all means, I try to appeal to the logical reasonings. That's not to say I don't give into making emotional decisions at times that doesn't always make the best financial sense.

Welcome back to reality :). LOL!!!

Great3

Agreed! It's more about the Epcot resort area than the resort. We are empty nesters now so the pool differences aren't critical. The main thing is having a 7+ month window to book a room near Epcot.

I love both resorts and can't go wrong with either. BCV is quieter and more private, BWV can be a little louder if you get a room overlooking the boardwalk or near jellyrolls. BCV has easier access to your car if you drive. BWV has those great standard view rooms for less points. If you love BCV then buy there, can't go wrong with either.

I have 550 points at BCV and am very happy with that resort, I personally like the theming of the resort more than BWW (especially during Christmas), and I like the pool area more. Plus while they are all in the epcot area to me BCV feels significantly closer to international gateway even if BWW is only an extra 5 minute walk. Although I will say I personally like the restaurants around BWW more

If you are booking 1 bedrooms those are usually available at both resorts in 7 month window. It is a tough choice. Studios and 2 beds usually go in the 11 month window at BC and standard view rooms always go at BW in 11 month window. Honestly cannot go wrong with either resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter