Beach Club - Shampoo and Soap dispensers

There isn't any way that housekeeping is cleaning doorknobs, remotes, lightswitches, etc. so how is it any different than that from a hygiene perspective? There aren't any cases I've heard of a person catching something from a shared soap dispenser...

Those items... doorknobs, remotes, light switches aren't in a 'wet' environment that is a breeding ground for mold.

It cheapens Disney IMO. To me it is another example of them cutting services while continuing to raise prices. Since we live in a free market economy... the market will make it known to Disney if these small changes will have a larger impact. There are alternative hotel options in Orlando, so as a consumer in the free market I can choose to go elsewhere. Others may, and others may not.

??

I am asking where the info that they are going anywhere except Pop is coming from. I have ZERO desire to stay at Pop.
I think they are also at Fort Wilderness. I know they are at one other resort besides Pop.

Yes. But unless you are immediately putting your hands into your mouth, you won't catch anything. I would be more worried about what I washed my hands with, as that is what I am using to touch all of my stuff. Worrying about the soap you wipe your hiney should be farther down the list. But to each their own, I guess.

To be fair I always bring my own soap. Not because of some germ phobia but because I can only use certain products without my skin going crazy on me. Even the wrong shampoo can make my scalp itch.
I can’t use some soaps either, but H2O is ok for me. I hope they continue to provide the bar soap.

But if you are using the soap you just dispensed to wash your hands, that should not matter. That is what I don’t get - freaking out about germs that are going to be immediately washed off.
If the microbes travel up the nozzle and contaminate the product so your washing with contaminated soap will it wash off? I don’t know, I’m not a scientist, but not sure I want to find out the hard way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter