Beach Club rooms taken offline

stuartsong

DIS Veteran
I went to book a two bedroom at Beach Club for end of September. The whole month of September and October was available this morning. When I went to book this evening, the two bedroom from September 16 - October 22 were gone. Then all of one bedrooms were gone from September 2 - October 22. Studios are gone from September 1- October 30. Anyone have ideas why all the rooms are blocked off? I din't see any notices of refurbishments.

Agree I think something is up with the refurb, I check daily in case I want to modify my existing dvc reservation and yesterday BAM! There was tons of studio, 1br, 2br availability added for Feb/Mar23, couple that with all the availability taken away for Sept/Oct23 sounds like refurb issues? Of course the dump of availability for Feb/Mar23 could indicate new refurb rooms ready for booking

I’ve notice that too. Not a single room at bcv in any category available from mid September to late October. Also remember over at Bwv boardwalk view rooms, every category from September 9 to 11/24 was blocked out from being booked. That’s a lot of rooms during food and wine that are not available. Absolutely having your 11 month window at both of these was so worth it. Not much available to book at the 7 month window.

I saw that too - Sept was wide open for 1 Br one day then completely gone the next…😖
On a side note, one bedrooms in garden view room are available at BWV, mostly because the studios are booked up, so no possibility for a 2 bedroom at Bwv.

If the rooms weren’t taken out of inventory for refurbishment, then what is it? The dates are too clean IMO for it to be members booking them up.

If the rooms weren’t taken out of inventory for refurbishment, then what is it? The dates are too clean IMO for it to be members booking them up.
Exactly. It’s very weird. I clicked 9/16 to 10/15 for all categories and not a single room. Definitely pulled or being held back for some reason. Maybe DVC members services is trying to get in our heads.

I’m hoping it’s just temporary. My 7 months is coming up this week for the date I want, and now I have to actually think about where I want to stay.

I saw this availability pop open too! I have been stalking after trying to rebuild a Jan trip that was cancelled last minute and I have 6 nights in a 1bedroom at BWV with a waitlist to switch to BCV. I was let down only to not have my waitlist filled and my dates not available lol.

At first I thought great a group of rooms got put back and are done with the refurb but then I heard Sept/Oct got pulled. Is there a delay in materials? Worker shorter? larger issue?

This really puts a cramp in my plans - I always stay BCV in Sept/Oct 😖

I’m hoping it’s just temporary. My 7 months is coming up this week for the date I want, and now I have to actually think about where I want to stay.
I think a lot of folks are going to be shocked at the 7 month window with both Bwv and bcv getting refurbed September-November (and further for Bwv). Lucky for you, you’re ahead of the game by realizing earlier and having a new plan. I see a real scramble over the next few weeks as folks move to their plan B. I’ve not seen any mention of this on FB yet. Good luck.

This really puts a cramp in my plans - I always stay BCV in Sept/Oct 😖
I think Bwv garden view one bedrooms have a good availability for the fall. Studios got hit pretty hard when the BW view got pulled. I’m sure the waitlist is huge from owners in case inventory returns too.

I own both BC and BW…BC stay is normally in the fall and BW is in Dec…I was holding off booking fall because I have to schedule our WDW trips around my husband’s ACC football schedule (he’s Mr. TarHeel) which wasn’t announced til last night. I wasn’t worried because I always book a 1Br and up until a few days ago - BC had full availability in Sept…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter