Beach Club rooms taken offline

I have family members staying at BCV next week. We knew it was a long shot but were kind of hoping there may be a few renovated rooms back in the rotation by then. Sounds like they must still be a ways off from having any ready for occupancy though.

Based off the pictures of 4th floor shared today, I would assume the same thing.

Just saw a post on FB with pics. Currently 4th and 5th floors are being worked on, and guests directed to go to Beach Club for complimentary laundry. The big lumps sure look like Murphy beds to me. Yay!

I’m hoping the inventory dump was Disney releasing 5th floor rooms as they anticipate being done those rooms in March. Maybe. I hope so because I’ll be there in March. 😂

Based off the pictures of 4th floor shared today, I would assume the same thing.

Can you share the link with pictures?

Can you share the link with pictures?
Not sure I can share FB link to a private group. But it is in the DVC Fan group on FB.

You didn't miss much. It is just of a hallway once the elevator opens. You can see the carpet is gone and there are some large furniture pieces in the way presumably murphy beds and the fold down kid beds/coffee tables.

So I continue to hope that the refurb is proceeding well. I called and put in a room request for a refurbished room today.

The FB poster has made another update (as of 55 min ago). Neither the text nor photos are mine. I believe they check out of BC tomorrow and plan to ask to see a new room before they leave. 6ED66C16-AC3A-4D3D-8078-4CD25F159CBB.png94EE0D52-2FE7-4E40-8805-02E29666F624.pngC0872378-0CB2-44BB-9BC6-9D77B1551CE8.png

“BCV soft refurb update. I went up to the 5th floor tonight and it seems to be almost done. It smells like paint and there are carts of new trash cans and towels suggesting that housekeeping just needs to clean and stock the rooms. All of the rooms were closed but I did snap a few pics of the carpet. If you are checking in soon please request the 5th floor and post pics.”

Murphy beds are confirmed! Video of refurbed room on FB group (DVC-Disney Vacation Club)

I just saw!

Someone just checked in on 5th floor. They confirmed that 4th is still closed and the rest are open. They also commented that it doesn't appear that many others are checked in on 5th floor and housekeeping may be working to prep/turn 5th floor rooms.

Confirmed:

1. Murphy bed installed with Donald, Huey, Dewey and Louie featured
2. New Carpet
3. New platform bed
3. Curtains
4. Repainted
5. New coffee pot/single serve combo

Potentially new mini fridge with freezer compartment and reupholstered chairs.

Last edited:

I just saw!

Someone just checked in on 5th floor. No updates on status of 4th floor or if another floor was taking out for refurbishment.

Confirmed:

2. New Carpet
3. New platform bed
3. Curtains
4. Repainted

You and I must have been looking at the FB post at the same time, we posted on these two threads in opposite order within a few minutes! Excited about these changes!

You and I must have been looking at the FB post at the same time, we posted on these two threads in opposite order within a few minutes! Excited about these changes!
I noticed it too! I am a big BCV fan and owner so I was elated to see some more updates.

We were supposed to check in yesterday but availability was released several days ago and I added Saturday. We're in non-refurbished room which is actually in excellent shape. I'll see if I can get a chance to poke around in the next day or two as to where they are on things.

We were supposed to check in yesterday but availability was released several days ago and I added Saturday. We're in non-refurbished room which is actually in excellent shape. I'll see if I can get a chance to poke around in the next day or two as to where they are on things.

What floor are you on? Thanks for doing some recon! It would be good to know which floors are open and which are closed.

I just saw!

Someone just checked in on 5th floor. They confirmed that 4th is still closed and the rest are open. They also commented that it doesn't appear that many others are checked in on 5th floor and housekeeping may be working to prep/turn 5th floor rooms.

Confirmed:

2. New Carpet
3. New platform bed
3. Curtains
4. Repainted

You had me at "Murphy bed". I know it was 90% confirmed that they were indeed going in, but it is good to get more confirmation. We are doing Aulani this year so that is sucking up all our DVC points, but I can't wait until our BCV stay next year!

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea about the original question? It seems from all the posts that the refurb is coming along fine, so this doesn't seem to be why the rooms were taken. I did an online chat last week to change a room and the person I spoke to was surprised to see all of the 1 beds gone more than 7 months out, but had no idea why. I dropped a room and checked for it but it never went back into the inventory. I guess it could have been a very fast wait list.

I'm wondering if I should start making a back up for my stay, but I was also hoping to rent a reservation out and I really don't want to do it if the resort ends up being closed at that time and I mess someone around! Are there any reasons they could hold rooms temporarily and then release them again?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea about the original question? It seems from all the posts that the refurb is coming along fine, so this doesn't seem to be why the rooms were taken. I did an online chat last week to change a room and the person I spoke to was surprised to see all of the 1 beds gone more than 7 months out, but had no idea why. I dropped a room and checked for it but it never went back into the inventory. I guess it could have been a very fast wait list.

I'm wondering if I should start making a back up for my stay, but I was also hoping to rent a reservation out and I really don't want to do it if the resort ends up being closed at that time and I mess someone around! Are there any reasons they could hold rooms temporarily and then release them again?
I honestly feel like it's an error if it's not related to a refurb. I agree the BCV refurb seems to be progressing, so probably not that. And it doesn't seem fair that it would be related to the BWV refurb because they would be blocking out BCV owners at the 8-9 month point to save BC rooms for BW owners (seems unfair).

I also feel like it would be unfair to any DVC owner (not just BCV) if they were blocked for any other reason than for a refurb due to the fact that all DVC owners now should have had 7 month windows open for early Sept. So whatever they are "saving" those rooms for, blocks out real DVC owners from using their points at BCV. So if it's not a refurb, it seems like a violation.... or maybe more likely, an error (an IT glitch?, but glitches usually are fixed in a day or two). It might be time to complain to DVC.

I honestly feel like it's an error if it's not related to a refurb. I agree the BCV refurb seems to be progressing, so probably not that. And it doesn't seem fair that it would be related to the BWV refurb because they would be blocking out BCV owners at the 8-9 month point to save BC rooms for BW owners (seems unfair).

I also feel like it would be unfair to any DVC owner (not just BCV) if they were blocked for any other reason than for a refurb due to the fact that all DVC owners now should have had 7 month windows open for early Sept. So whatever they are "saving" those rooms for, blocks out real DVC owners from using their points at BCV. So if it's not a refurb, it seems like a violation.... or maybe more likely, an error (an IT glitch?, but glitches usually are fixed in a day or two). It might be time to complain to DVC.

Take it for what it is, someone on FB posted that they called MS to help modify a reservation at BCV in September and somehow it was dropped and lost.

The fact that all availability is gone for all categories of BCV for that timeframe in Sept/Oct is strange and I have yet to hear a theory that fits. I agree taking all those rooms to accommodate BWV moves seems unfair to BCV owners especially if you can still book BWV during that timeframe.

I also find it strange that there hasn't been many more reports of people staying in refurbed rooms at BCV. I will be there end of Feb/Beginning of March and will send back as much info as I can gather on whats floors are being worked on and what seems finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter