Beach Club Renovated Room Request?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So we arrive on July 1st so I was finalizing our Touringplans request. Normally I request a general area and it makes it easy.

Do I just put in the request is renovated room? Or are all rooms on Floor 4/5 updated so I should just request that instead?

The rooms on 4th and 5th floors, along with hallways, were renovated. I'd request top floor/high floor. Of course, I expect there could be lots of families making that same request, so getting one will be a coin flip. I'd recommend checking at the front desk early on check-in day, if possible. They won't tell you your room number until it's ready, but the front desk will see where your room is located. If it's not a renovated room, it's possible they might be able to make a late switch for you. Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but it never hurts to ask!

The rooms on 4th and 5th floors, along with hallways, were renovated. I'd request top floor/high floor. Of course, I expect there could be lots of families making that same request, so getting one will be a coin flip. I'd recommend checking at the front desk early on check-in day, if possible. They won't tell you your room number until it's ready, but the front desk will see where your room is located. If it's not a renovated room, it's possible they might be able to make a late switch for you. Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but it never hurts to ask!

My plan is if we don't get a renovated room to ask to be switched the next day. Being there for 20 days we really will benefit from the Murphy bed.

Just got back and was on the 5th floor, beautiful room. Just go in the chat function in the WDW app and ask for the 4th or 5th floor. That's where you can add all sorts of unique requests. That's what I did and I got the room!

Just got back and was on the 5th floor, beautiful room. Just go in the chat function in the WDW app and ask for the 4th or 5th floor. That's where you can add all sorts of unique requests. That's what I did and I got the room!

i'll have to see if i can find the chat function. I was planning on calling member services.

i'll have to see if i can find the chat function. I was planning on calling member services.
It’s in the WDW app, in the hamburger menu (three lines at the bottom) and it’s called “Chat With Us”. Just click on that and make your request. It works as long as your resort reservation is linked to your WDW app. It’s much easier than calling member services.

It’s in the WDW app, in the hamburger menu (three lines at the bottom) and it’s called “Chat With Us”. Just click on that and make your request. It works as long as your resort reservation is linked to your WDW app. It’s much easier than calling member services.

thanks!!

Have they completely paused or are more floors being refurbished now? We also have a July stay so hoping it won’t just be the 4th and 5th floors — weren’t those finished at the end of March?

Have they completely paused or are more floors being refurbished now? We also have a July stay so hoping it won’t just be the 4th and 5th floors — weren’t those finished at the end of March?

their latest promise is that they're going to restart the refurb in August and finish in "late fall".
If you believe them, i have a bridge to sell you.
in any case, as of now and presumably also in July, they've only completed the 4th and 5th floors

Actually, those were finished by the end of January. I was there until January 24th, and by then, the 5th floor was finished, and the 4th floor in progress. Things went along at a pretty good speed until everything ground to a halt a few days later. At least that's my way of remembering it. Anyone else remember seeing activity in February?

Would you guys expect the refurb to be done by mid January? There is a 2 bedroom available for when we go and if the new set up has a murphy bed plus a small pull out bed under the TV it would work out for us!

Would you guys expect the refurb to be done by mid January? There is a 2 bedroom available for when we go and if the new set up has a murphy bed plus a small pull out bed under the TV it would work out for us!
Disney says they expect to finish by “late fall,” so you should be fine. By mid-January they should be hard at work on BWV. As long as no new delays arise!

We will have to wait until the entire resort is done. We enjoy the much larger balconies on the 2nd floor.

i called member services and requested the 4th floor in hopes of getting a murphy bed. But i'm sure everyone else is also requesting the 4th floor, so i don't know how good my odds are. Here's hoping.
I also understand they're re-starting renovations in August, so i guess they'll be working on the resort while we're there. I would never have reserved BCV had i known they'd be working on it while we're there. Annoying!!

we are staying the last week in October (Oct 28-Nov 1). How do you feel the refurb will be looking by that time? I heard the quiet pools will be under construction, but a refurbed room, refurbed lobby, and storm along bay would be nice (as well as some quiet from lower construction).

we are staying the last week in October (Oct 28-Nov 1). How do you feel the refurb will be looking by that time? I heard the quiet pools will be under construction, but a refurbed room, refurbed lobby, and storm along bay would be nice (as well as some quiet from lower construction).

They are not doing anything it seems it's all delayed so its all when they start again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!