Beach Club or Boardwalk

91raven

Earning My Ears
We are hoping to go to DW for NYE. Yes I know the crowds will be insane :sunny: Which do you prefer and what are the pros and cons of both resorts. Our third choice is BLT. Any tips and info would be great. Thanks !

I'm sure they did :). Stupid autocorrect :D

OP, have you looked at the dedicated threads for those resorts?
IMO, given that no two parties have the exact same opinions, needs, desires, etc., doing research and asking targeted questions, along with describing your party, expectations, plans is most helpful.

I too thought NYC vs Beach
but why ask on this forum..
SO went with ...
Beach Club vs AllStar Music Broadway section ...

I never made it to Boardwalk.

My answer depends on which park they plan to be doing for NYE.

Epcot = Boardwalk
MK = BLT

Last edited:

Hilarious. I too wondered why they asked here about going to NYC vs the beach for NYE. I never thought hard enough to even bring it to Disney world lol

Are you looking at villa in all three locations (Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas and BLT) or are you looking at hotel rooms for Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn and villa at BLT?

If you are talking BWI and regular BC, my next question is do you have children and what ages. We are 2 adults and I prefer BWI. BC is too chaotic and noisy for us.

My vote is both.
That's what we do on NYE
MK area for 30th, Epcot area for 31st.
Easy transportation on those nights is first and foremost. We always move resorts on the 31st for that reason.

stayed at Boardwalk, Beach Club, and yacht Club many times now. When you get the "new" or "first time" excitement out of the way. They are truly just a coin flip. realistically, they have the same level of service and room amenities. the only difference is the theme of the decor.

for all the awesomeness that is storm along bay at yacht and beach club, the clown pool at boardwalk has its own positives as well.

So, flip a coin, or book what ever is cheapest, you can't go wrong.

I've stayed at both. This upcoming trip I'm choosing BWI as I wanted to be on the boardwalk. Since the trip is scheduled for February the pool is not a main concern. If I was going in the warmer weather then BC would have been my choice. Stormalong Bay is just a great pool. As others have said, both resorts are fine and you will have a wonderful time in either one.

YC/BC for Pool (however NYE is kinda a moot point since it will be chilly out).
You can't make that assumption.
While it was 17/18, this year (18/19) was most certainly not chilly out and pools were getting a lot of use. Not a drop of rain from when we arrived on 12/29 till we were in the car to the airport the night of 1/4, avg highs in the day time, with full-on sun, was 80-85

Last edited:
You can't make that assumption.
While it was 17/18, this year (18/19) was most certainly not chilly out and pools were getting a lot of use. Not a drop of rain from when we arrived on 12/29 till we were in the car to the airport the night of 1/4, avg highs in the day time, with full-on sun, was 80-855

Agreed. I was there in November this year and it was in the 40s. I was just saying that its certainly more cold out then the summer. Florida is all over the lot with weather. But when its cold its cold. LOL

And although all Disney pools are heated its the getting out that can be brutal. Some people dont mind it but as Im getting older Im becoming more cold blooded. :)

Are you looking at villa in all three locations (Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas and BLT) or are you looking at hotel rooms for Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn and villa at BLT?
We are looking at renting DVC points and doing a deluxe room.
My vote is both.
That's what we do on NYE
MK area for 30th, Epcot area for 31st.
Easy transportation on those nights is first and foremost. We always move resorts on the 31st for that reason.
Thanks! We plan to go into MK on the 30 th and Epcot on the 31st.

We are looking at renting DVC points and doing a deluxe room.

Thanks! We plan to go into MK on the 30 th and Epcot on the 31st.
If you are renting points, you need to be working on that right now. It will open for booking in a few weeks and will go quickly, especially the three locations you are looking at. Unless you are planning on a one bedroom and not a studio. Studios will go extremely quickly. One bedrooms may last a few days before they get booked up for NYE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter