Beach at Fort Wilderness

BabyRN

DIS Veteran
Just a couple questions...I thought I saw somewhere that you have a view of the castle from the beach at Fort Wilderness and that you can see the fireworks in the distance...is that correct? Also, can you swim at the beach? Thanks for the info!

You can't see the castle from the beach, but you can see the fireworks - you just won't be able to see the lower stuff that takes place around the castle.

4161425378_4ed833b2ac.jpg

4161433266_4e9c342183.jpg

There is no swimming in any of the lakes at WDW, including FW. Beach is still lovely for lounging though.

4160667301_7cf512b3c4_o.jpg

I think you can see the castle if you walk from the beach on a path towards the 300 loop. We discovered a view of the castle on our last trip, but it was not a fireworks night. I doubt if you can hear the music so it is a give and take. We have always watched from the beach and you can see lots of great fireworks from there.

This was taken from a ways on down past the East end of the Beach. I took this in Feb. of 2007, before the North Tower was built at the Contemporary, but I don't think it would obstruct your view.

WDWFeb0737.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter