• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest

We haven't been since it was QS at lunch. We loved it then. The food was good but the atmosphere was better. We ate there 3 times over 2 trips but we won't be going back since they changed it and it is too expensive for something we have already tried.

I think it's funny that, except for maybe a few of the descriptors, the thread could be made into a review for any Disney restaurant and get the exact same responses. Some love it, some hate it, and many are in-between.

My brother ate there last month and reported that the food was mediocre. It was mentioned that the restaurant is extremely loud.

We have not been to BOG in a few years, I know it has been through some changes. We're taking our son's GF this time and Beauty and the Beast is her favorite Disney movie, so I made a reservation here. I hope it's going to be worth the price tag. I noticed it is not as difficult to get an ADR here as it used to be!

BOG is one of those restaurants that is...interesting to us...it has become a tradition, but I personally wouldn't be upset if we skipped it, either.

We had a trip planned within a few months of when it first opened and were lucky enough to snag a reservation. We have probably had dinner there 4, maybe 5 times and lunch once when it was QS.

It's always been good, not great. I definitely think it was better before the prix fixe menu went into effect, though I also understand why Disney had to institute that policy even if I don't personally agree with it. But when you have people taking up reservations and they only order dessert to check it out, while people that would have paid for a multi-course meal are unable to get in...again, I don't personally agree with it but from a business perspective I do understand it.

We went in March of this year and again in November. The food is, as I said, good...not great, not bad, just good...though I would not say that it is worth what it costs. That said, DD3.5 loves the dessert and after our trip in March she talked at great length about going back so she could paint her teacup again. I think it is more nostalgic/experiential than fine dining.

One last note, when we went in March the service was just awful, which was a first for us. I am happy to report that it was much better in November when we went back, though.

If we skipped it next trip I would not be upset, but if we went I would also be perfectly fine too. It's just one of those things that I can enjoy but the logical part of me knows that the cost/value is really probably not there.

We went in August...day of ADR...and I cried when I walked in because BatB is my favorite movie, and I have wanted to eat there since it opened, and it just never panned out until that trip.

DH and I...grandparents...saw the Beast walking through the restaurant.

Loved the food.

Did think portion sizes were small.

Would do it again because of how much I love BatB.

Are they still doing breakfast?

Unfortunately, no. They had a brunch over the summer, which was just a couple of menu substitutions from what is now their normal dinner menu. I'm not sure if they are still doing it. Every seat is currently priced at $37/$69, regardless of how much food is eaten per seat or when the seat is taken.

I ate there over the summer, and I thought the food was pretty good. I don't go to Disney for food and have high food standards. Obviously, you don't go for the food, but I thought it was much better than Cinderella.

This restaurant is the saddest for me. When it first opened, the decor just floored us. The food was terrific. Just a great experience. The last time we went there for dinner (in 2020) the quality of food had fallen so far down, we crossed this off as ever going back. Still love the decor, the library in particular is my wife and my favorite. The thing is you go to a restaurant to eat, so the food needs to be at least passible.

What I think the problem is with Be Our Guest is that Walt Disney World is trying to make it like Cinderella's Royal Table and make it the second most popular restaurant in Magic Kingdom. The thing I would improve would be to have a Beauty And The Beast character dinner with Belle and everyone from the movie not just The Beast for pictures and that would be a good improvement indeed

I would recommend doing it once for the experience but as noted above the food is mediocre, would almost compare it to a cafeteria. Atmosphere is what you're paying for. However if you're on the fence there are better restaurants to spend your money at.

What I think the problem is with Be Our Guest is that Walt Disney World is trying to make it like Cinderella's Royal Table and make it the second most popular restaurant in Magic Kingdom. The thing I would improve would be to have a Beauty And The Beast character dinner with Belle and everyone from the movie not just The Beast for pictures and that would be a good improvement indeed
The restaurant is too big to be a character meal like that. It would slow down their ability to turn over tables and reduce their profits.

The restaurant is too big to be a character meal like that. It would slow down their ability to turn over tables and reduce their profits.
I feel like they could totally bring back the meet & greet with the Beast at the end of the meal though. I don’t see why he couldn’t be with Belle either. It worked before.

I feel like they could totally bring back the meet & greet with the Beast at the end of the meal though. I don’t see why he couldn’t be with Belle either. It worked before.
Oh absolutely the meet and greet at the end should return. I feel like that ran pretty smoothly and didn't slow anything down. There's no excuse for that not being back.

Has anyone ate at BOG recently? We were there a few years ago and loved it but have seen a few reviews lately about it not being as good and somewhat dirty. We are supposed to go in a few weeks. Can anyone share their recent experience?
Was there in December. Food was inedible. You go for the ambience but if that is not worth it for you, stay away and make better use of your money. Last time a decade ago, the food was not so bad.

This restaurant is the saddest for me. When it first opened, the decor just floored us. The food was terrific. Just a great experience. The last time we went there for dinner (in 2020) the quality of food had fallen so far down, we crossed this off as ever going back. Still love the decor, the library in particular is my wife and my favorite. The thing is you go to a restaurant to eat, so the food needs to be at least passible.
Omg this is me, except my first post-Covid meal was 2021 where it died to me. And I absolutely adored the theming. But the inedible prix fixe meal killed it.

well this is making me a little sad! precovid we have done both breakfast and lunch at BOG and were quite happy with it. our travel buddies have never been there and really want to go so we have lunch booked. I was surprised it was so easy to get. Maybe now I know why!

We are there Feb 1 and had a wonderful experience. It was pricey but the food was delicious. We really enjoyed it, and it was just 4 adults, no kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter