Be Our Guest without reservation

bamberc

Earning My Ears
Are you still able to eat lunch at Be Our Guest even if you don't have a reservation? I have been checking everyday for 2 months for dinner or lunch, and nothing. We leave for our vacation next Friday. I'm just wondering if you are still able to stand in line and wait at lunchtime, or if you must have a reservation even for the counter service hours. Thanks!

You can always ask when you're there, but I doubt you'll get in. Keep checking - you never know, you might get lucky and pick up a reservation.

BOG is one of those places you really have to book 180+ days out when the reservations open up.

Are you still able to eat lunch at Be Our Guest even if you don't have a reservation? I have been checking everyday for 2 months for dinner or lunch, and nothing. We leave for our vacation next Friday. I'm just wondering if you are still able to stand in line and wait at lunchtime, or if you must have a reservation even for the counter service hours. Thanks!

Everyone I know has been turned away without ADR when they tried for lunch. I know earlier in the year they would have an hour or more wait easily, but lately my friends and relatives who've gone weren't able.

Just keep checking up to the day, double books and holds will cancel, just need to be actively checking.

I the past, there would be a line 200 people deep at 9:30. Even if you could wait in line to get in, I can't imagine it would be worth the wait.

we tried walking up three times on our trip last month and could not get in.
Check religiously the day before as people hit that 24 hour window for getting charged the fee

Last May I checked for months every day for a reservation to open up - finally 2 days before we left, I got a 6:30 dinner reservation that someone had cancelled. Keep checking, do not give up!!!

It might be worth your while to try one of the Dining assistant apps or services out there. There are a few that will constantly monitor ADRs for your desired pick, and let you know when it's available to book. I used Disney Dining Buddy and figured I was throwing $8 away, but within 48 hours I had a lunch reservation for Be Our Guest!

I the past, there would be a line 200 people deep at 9:30. Even if you could wait in line to get in, I can't imagine it would be worth the wait.

Yes- there were definitely people that lined up at 9:30 for a 10:30 opening, and had lunch at 10:30 or stood in that line until 11:00 a.m. HOWEVER, that was a mistake on their part. We ate there more than once before lunch became an ADR. We ate right around noon. The first time we did it, the line looked enormous. BOG had only recently opened. DH said there is no way I'm going to wait in that line. I walked up and asked the CM and she said- oh it is only at most a 20 minute wait- it moves fast. Because I REALLY wanted to see the inside of that new restaurant we waited-- it actually was Less than 15 minutes before we were sitting at the table waiting on our food, and we probably had a 5 minute wait or even less for our food to be delivered. It was totally worth the wait! Since that time and pre-ADR, we have gotten in that huge line more than once, and never waited longer than about 10 or 15 minutes. Once we had not even picked a table and gotten seated and the server with the cart with our food was following us to our table.

We really don't like that lunch has gone to ADR- but it is what it is. We have gone from easily being able to walk up and get in in 10 or 15 minutes tops any time we wanted, to not only not being able to eat when the mood strikes us, but to not being able to eat there at all for lunch because we couldn't get an ADR for the days we wanted it. Expected for TS, but I don't like it for CS. I have heard of people going up right when they open at 10:30 now and being given an "ADR" for that time, or possibly being given one later in the day, but outside of that I haven't heard of people having much success with walk ups there. Good luck! I hope you get to eat there!

Doesn't hurt to try and walk up if you can't get an ADR. Good luck, I know people cancel all the time! May want to try for breakfast if you can't get in for lunch?

When we were there, they were turning away everyone without an ADR. Like others have said, keep checking, we got our lunch ADR about a month before our trip. Theoretically people cancel closer to the date to avoid paying the cancellation fee.

I wasn't having any luck either so I signed up with WDW Table Finder. It took about 2-3 days but I finally got a reservation for lunch. It was totally worth the $6 fee! :)

I have never and would never pay to have someone watch for reservations. I alway check in the morning and at night and have always gotten what I wanted. I have been trying to get a morning time for BOG for September 21 and guess what one opened so now I have an 8am for BOG and it cost me nothing. Mornings or late nights are the best. I also got a BOG dinner, Ohana dinner and a Le Cellier and did it on my own. So keep trying.

I was there for NYE this year, and they were allowing people to wait, however we had a FP for it (I think then you could only get a "FP" for it, individual of your ride FPs, on a separate Disney site. Long and confusing, now gone since they are ADRs). The CM at the front told us the wait for walk-ups was over 2 hours.

This past May-June, they were turning away any people who were walking up without them. We ate there 3x, and for dinner the man actually got very angry at me because his coworker wrote she gave me beeper, say, 62 but I really had 63 (they were one number off), and he didn't believe that it was really me with the reservation even after I showed him my ID! He had to "confirm" with multiple people it was me and spent a good 20 minutes running around the restaurant...despite seeing my photo drivers license and me having a not-at-all common name, my photo ID, and several credit cards with my name on them, AND the confirmation that I showed him in the MDE app! A family next to us was furious because the mother said she was waiting over 45 minutes for the same reason, and it was pouring outside.

However I digress. The point of me telling that story was that even with an ADR they were extremely careful to make sure they were letting the right people in, and shutting down all walk-ups, so the moral of the story is it can't hurt to try to walk-up, but keep checking!

We were there the last week of August and were able to walk up for lunch around 1 pm. There were 2 of us and I checked the app and found a reservation for 1 was available. I didn't book it, but walked up to the podium and asked if they could take 2 and they did. We were just lucky, but, if you try it, I would either go before or after prime lunch hours. I think going at 1 pm worked in our favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter