Be Our Guest Restaurant for Lunch!

Just had lunch here yesterday (12-2) and it was awesome. The wife and I each had the Steak Sandwich and had the triple chocolate cupcake and strawberry cream cheese cupcake. Everything tasted really good and would eat here again. I would pay for the pure fact that I don't have to walk around a crowded restaurant with 2 trays of food while I look for a seat. It literally took 3 minutes for our food to be brought to us. Couldn't ask for a better experience.

Absolutely fantastic! Amazing place, incredible details including the service of the food to your table, and great food for a CS! We ate there yesterday. It was 12:20 and the line was all the way to the new Fantasyland main pathway. We figured it was going to be an hour and we wouldn't have time to do it, but I asked the CM and she said it was only 20 minutes. Turned out to be about 15. It didn't take too long after we sat down for the food to show up. Also, there was no problem finding a table even for a bigger party. Even if the line looks really long, go up and ask before just walking away. If it had been up to DH, we would have just walked away after he saw the line, and he went nuts over the place once we got in. He is still talking about how it is the best CS in all of WDW!

I had the Croque and loved it. I'm not typically a fan of rye bread but this tasted pretty good. :thumbsup2

What????? It was rye bread???? I hate Rye bread! I had the Croque and I loved it too! DD (6) was a big fan of the multigrain pasta with marinara sauce and the chocolate cream puff.

ChrisnKim913 said:
I think we were in line with you yesterday.We were there at the same time.
If you saw a group of 4 adults trying to wrangle 3 excited wild kids - 2 six year old girls in blue and a 4 year old boy chasing after them,- that was us!

This is a GREAT thread!!! Thanks for all the info!!! We will be headed back "home" in May and are very excited to try BOG for lunch..especially after reading this thread!!! :yay:

Agreed, great thread! I plan on trying this out in January during Marathon week.

Is it possible to choose your room if they're all available or are you assigned? Is it fair to say the Rose Room is the quietest?

Agreed, great thread! I plan on trying this out in January during Marathon week.

Is it possible to choose your room if they're all available or are you assigned? Is it fair to say the Rose Room is the quietest?

I haven't been yet, but I've read a couple of reviews that reported being able to choose their own seating....:thumbsup2

My parents were there a few days ago. When they first stopped by, the line was about 45 minutes. They came back later and waited about 25 minutes. My dad said that he had a little trouble figuring out the automated system. They said the location was beautiful, and they loved the pork dish but thought the croque monsieur was unexceptional.

When we were there Sunday for lunch you could choose your own room and table. I would not say the rose room is the quietest, although it is the darkest. My DD (6) was also a little creeped out by room, especially the picture of the prince that the beast had slashed through with his claws. The rose room is significantly smaller than the ballroom and everyone from the other rooms was going in there and taking pictures and talking to their group as they did it. It was probably the loudest room because it is a smaller size and has a constant barrage of "tourists" from the other 2 dining areas. As DillyDilly said, I definitely would not get one of the tables right next to the rose. As we wandered in there from the ballroom to take our pictures ;), I thought about how miserable those people must have been eating there with people constantly crowding around their table in line to take pictures. By the way, don't use a flash in the rose room because your pictures won't turn out. Do it without the flash. The people who tried taking it with a flash have to stand there and take more once they realize they can't capture it with a flash! I think the quietest room is probably the room with the music box of Belle and the Beast dancing as its centerpiece, as long as you sit on the edges and not by the music box itself (another photo op). We absolutely loved sitting in the ballroom though! I think the ballroom would always be my first choice. When we were there Sunday we first got in line at 12:20 and were picking a table about 12:35, and there were open tables available in all the rooms, so it was no problem getting your choice of rooms.

OchreHand said:

Assuming you're talking about lunch, you can sit at any table in any room that's open. If dinner, I don't know how the reservations system works, but you can likely request a certain room.

We had French Onion Soup (great), the salad with grilled tuna (my DH ate this, he said it was ok, but he wouldn't get it again), and the quiche. I was looking forward to the quiche as I Love quiche, but I was disappointed in it. You couldn't taste the vegetables, they were there but had no taste, and I could taste no cheese in the quiche. It was light and not heavy at all, but tasted like scrambled eggs in crust, and that was all. Bleck. So I wouldn't get that again.

We will be there this coming Tuesday, and I have been trying to decide between which of these two dishes to get! Bummer that they were both so-so for you guys. At least the French Onion Soup seems to be a hit.

I'll post again after the 11th to share my lunch experience! Can't wait! :D

We've eaten there for lunch twice this trip, and you can choose your own room then for sure. I wouldn't say that *any* of the rooms are quiet though. It may settle down some, but right now everyone is excited, taking pictures and exploring *every inch* LOL

By the way, two tries in a row, the braised pork is delicious :thumbsup2

We had lunch here last week. They open the doors at 10:30. We got in line at 10:15, were inside and eating by 10:45. Yes, it was early for lunch but I was afraid of missing it if we didn't arrive when it opened. I LOVED the rose ordering system. At the other CS it is always so hard to wrangle kids and trays of food. It was so nice to get the kids situated with drinks and as soon as we had accomplished that, food had arrived. I would come here again just because of how much easier it was than other CS. I had the turkey sandwich. I liked it okay. It was what I would call thanksgiving turkey, not regular sandwich turkey. We had all of the desserts between us. The presentation was wonderful. They were all beautifully prepared. The taste wasn't anything remarkable, though. My favorite CS food is still Columbia Harbour House, but BOG is definitely at the top of my list for service and atmosphere.

Had lunch at BOG on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend going later, even though that's against the conventional wisdom. We lined up early and waited a fairly long time. When we came out of the restaurant, the line was significantly shorter, maybe about a quarter as long. It seems everybody is trying to beat the rush, so going later actually works out better.

I am so glad my daughter and I went to BOG today! It was such a positive experience. The line seemed like it may take a while, but it really wasn't bad. It took probably 30 minutes, but it didn't really feel like it. This was at around 11am today. I thought the food was quite delicious actually. Considering that it was QS, I was quite impressed. I had French Onion Soup, and the Tuna Nicoise Salad, and the Chocolate Creme Puff (SO good!) All three were delicious. I get tuna often, and this was surprisingly good. My daughter also had the Tuna, as well as the Potato Leek Soup and the Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcake. She enjoyed all three. We ate in the West Wing. I loved the decor in every room. I loved the darkness of the West Wing though. :) Also, the food arrived at our table VERY quick. The service was friendly, the food was warm and by far the best QS experience, and far better than many TS restaurants as well. I would pick Be Our Guest lunch over them in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

i'm not sure if this has been answered here but when you go for lunch can you go into all of the rooms when you're done to check them out/take pictures? i don't mind where i sit as long as i can see the other rooms!!

melissarose said:
i'm not sure if this has been answered here but when you go for lunch can you go into all of the rooms when you're done to check them out/take pictures? i don't mind where i sit as long as i can see the other rooms!!

I believe every recent report I've read says that all three rooms are open for lunch. Assuming that's true, yes. We did exactly this last month.

We went this past Saturday and sat in the West Wing. Both other rooms were open, but we wanted to watch the Beast's portrait change from man to beast every so often. Afterward we roamed through the other rooms to see the snow and portraits, especially. DD loved that it was snowing and close to 80 outside.

We ate there for lunch last week and really enjoyed it. We waited probably about 20 minutes outside in line before we could get in and order. Once we ordered and found a table the food came really quickly. We sat in the music box room and it was practically empty with very comfortable seats! Between the four of us we had both the potato leek and french onion soup, the turkey and steak sandwich, and the braised pork. The pork was excellent as was the potato leek soup. The french onion soup was standard. Good but nothing out of the ordinary. Both sandwiches were good but a little dry. The cupcakes (chocolate and strawberry) were super delicious. Fountain drinks are self service and they didnt seem to mind if you refilled on your way out. They serve your food on real plates with silverware. I thought the portions were reasonable. My Mom and I each got a soup and split a sandwich and had more than enough to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter