Be Our Guest Restaurant for Lunch!

campinggirl

Earning My Ears
Please tell of your experience at BOG Restaurant for Lunch? Was it crowded, take long for your food, worth it?:confused3

campinggirl said:
Please tell of your experience at BOG Restaurant for Lunch? Was it crowded, take long for your food, worth it?:confused3

Went two weeks ago. Food and atmosphere were both very good, waited about 20-25 minutes to get to ordering kiosks at height of lunch hour. After ordering, food didn't take long at all to arrive and was tasty. More expensive than most CS restaurants, but this isn't Cosmic Ray's either. ;)

I will answer in reverse order:

ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! Great CS option!! And the scenery ain't half bad either. ;):thumbsup2

Food service was very quick for us...somewhere in the 5-10 minute range. We went during a passholder preview, so that may have helped in the speed as it wasn't packed out for lunch as it would be on a normal park day. What did seem to happen is that if you decided to move tables, before receiving your food, their system couldn't handle that. It expected you to be where you first put down your "rose" (a little device that tells the servers where you are in the restaurant so they can deliver your food). We witnessed a couple of incidents of this while dining, including one incident at our table. Don't know if this is a real glitch in the system, or just a one off that happened while we were dining there.

Since I went during a preview, I couldn't say how crowded it is in practice. A lot of people tried it out during the preview, but no where near what it would be during a regular park day. The only room that stayed consistently full while we were in there was the West Wing, but it is the smallest room in the restaurant. The other two rooms were pretty empty in comparison to what they could hold.

Just ate lunch at BOG today 11:35 (got in line). We only waited 15 min. to get into castle and order. Chose our table, and waited about 10 min for our food. (We were busy taking pictures ;))

Actually responding to previous poster - we chose one table - was there about 3 min. then saw a table we liked better, so moved, and didn't have any problem with the serving girl with cart finding our *rose*. :confused3

The braised pork was delicious, we'll definitely get it again before we leave in 10 days. :goodvibes

When ordering at the kiosks, is there an option to modify your order? For example, can you ask for the steak sandwich w/out garlic butter? Or do you need to order from a station with a CM to make special requests?

DIS-OH said:
When ordering at the kiosks, is there an option to modify your order? For example, can you ask for the steak sandwich w/out garlic butter? Or do you need to order from a station with a CM to make special requests?

There were some options to choose different sides than the defaults, but I don't remember specifically about special orders. I would think so, but I'm just guessing....

Didn't even see the kiosks :confused3 we were sent straight to an ordinary line with a *real* CM taking orders (like ordinary CS). We gave our order, took our rose, and went to choose a seat! Very organized and quick ::yes::

North of Mouse said:
Didn't even see the kiosks :confused3 we were sent straight to an ordinary line with a *real* CM taking orders (like ordinary CS). We gave our order, took our rose, and went to choose a seat! Very organized and quick ::yes::

How did you pay, with cash?

I did it Thanksgiving day, got in line about 11:40, and I was at a table with my food by 12:10. I loved the system for ordering and receiving food! I also love the self-serve drinks, to be able to get refills and bring one to go. I have some pics in THIS THREAD.

I was directed to a register with a CM; I was paying with a credit card. I had wanted to try the self-serve kiosk, but it was no big deal.

It's good, but expensive. Portions do not appear to be large enough to share. Onion soup, quinoa salad and a chocolate cupcake (no drink) ran me 20 bucks.

I do not use the dining plan but I do know that lunch counts as a quick service credit. You can also use a snack credit to get the onion soup.

Took about 15 minutes in line but that was at a passholder preview with limited admittance and the place was not crowded. All three dining rooms were open.

Just ate lunch at BOG today 11:35 (got in line). We only waited 15 min. to get into castle and order. Chose our table, and waited about 10 min for our food. (We were busy taking pictures ;))

Actually responding to previous poster - we chose one table - was there about 3 min. then saw a table we liked better, so moved, and didn't have any problem with the serving girl with cart finding our *rose*. :confused3

The braised pork was delicious, we'll definitely get it again before we leave in 10 days. :goodvibes

How long was the line when you entered it? Out the door? How far? Just wanting to gauge the wait time for when we go in January.
Thanks

we went during passholder previews- but they had opened it to everyone (we are not passholders). It was a little before 12-- the line was out the door, but well controlled. We waited about 15 mins in line. By the time we sat down at the table and got napkins etc, our food had come. Their were lots of empty tables- I would imagine they will keep on getting the ordering faster and faster.
We thought it was well worth it. The food was far and away the best quick service we had in the parks. It was much nicer to sit down and have food brought to us then try and corrall kids and food at the same time.
Our only issue was our 2 year old's desperate need to play with the rose- not helped by the fact that the friendly CM had given it to him at the register to carry- so he viewed it as his to have.

How long was the line when you entered it? Out the door? How far? Just wanting to gauge the wait time for when we go in January.
Thanks

On Thanksgiving Day, I entered the line about 11:40, and it was out the door and to the end of the bridge, about 3 or 4 people wide (the CM was constantly urging people to fill empty spaces). I was in the door by noon, and at my table by 12:10. I love the system and the food was very good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter