Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

I chatted with a CM and they said there is no advisory that the FP are stopping

The problem is that they wouldn't know even if it was stopping (unless they are a higher-up "in-the-know" CM). We here on the DIS usually find out about stuff before most of the CMs are notified. ;)

I know it is not necessary to get an email from Disney inviting you to get this FP, but I am curious as to whether anyone has received one in the last few days. This could be an indication as to whether the "test" is being discontinued.

I am not in my window for BoG fp yet (leaving the 14th) but following for a friend leaving on the 31st. Our travel agent told us they are no longer doing these but now giving out the paper fp? She's been wrong on several things so I'm not sure she's right. But I did have an issue with an adr this morning and after an hour on the phone with the tech dept they couldn't fix it. She said they have several glitches right now that should be resolved by this evening.
I dropped an adr to pick up another but the dropped still shows and won't allow me to pick up anything else. It is fully cancelled but I can't reserve anything in it's place and I missed out on one I've been needing. All she could say is sorry it should be resolved later today.
All that to say maybe they are working on the system?

I know it is not necessary to get an email from Disney inviting you to get this FP, but I am curious as to whether anyone has received one in the last few days. This could be an indication as to whether the "test" is being discontinued.

We are doing a split stay. First one checking out/in on October 30. We got an email over the weekend for the first stay but not the second. That doesn't give me much hope... :confused3

Chatting with a Disney rep about it right now......

Her answer is, you might want to have a backup lunch plan. Hmmm

We are doing a split stay. First one checking out/in on October 30. We got an email over the weekend for the first stay but not the second. That doesn't give me much hope... :confused3

I think it is good news that you at least got one for the first stay. It is a bummer about the second stay, but the fact that you got an email at all does appear to show that they are still doing the FP reservations!! Good luck to everyone trying to get one. My window comes up in about a week. Hoping all these problems are just a glitch and that it gets resolved soon.

This whole FP+ reservation system for BOG, with all of its glitches, is such a mess. I don't know why they just don't make it part of the regular reservation system like every other TS restaurant at WDW. I have been able to book this FP+ a couple of times, but the system also locked me out several times. People have been up at all hours trying to book this coveted reservation..it's a mess at best.

I think it is good news that you at least got one for the first stay. It is a bummer about the second stay, but the fact that you got an email at all does appear to show that they are still doing the FP reservations!! Good luck to everyone trying to get one. My window comes up in about a week. Hoping all these problems are just a glitch and that it gets resolved soon.

My concern is that they didn't send one for my second stay which takes place mostly in Nov. The only day we can go is Nov 1. :confused3

Why would they go back to a paper FP?? That makes no sense when booking the lunch FP on line works no nice.
My Co Worker just got back on Sunday and said it worked perfectly at check in for lunch and the place was not over crowded and everything went smooth.

It is crazy to think we would have to get there first thing in the am to line up to get a paper FP on the day we arrive..So annoying!:sad:

I hope whatever the hold up is that they release some dates soon so we can grab a time and be done with it!

They need to keep move forward with their fancy technology and not go back in time.....:worried:

No one has been able to get one for November yet. There is a lot of speculation going on that the "test" has been ended. Personally we have been arranging our vacation fast passes and dining reservations for months now and the whole entire system very rarely works correctly. We have had our dining reservations "magically" disappear, our fast passes were all changed without our consent (our fast passes were for our full family of 7, Disney decided that my children did not need fastpasses so my children were all dropped from the fastpass reservations).

For a company worth as much money as Disney, is it too much to ask for a computer reservation system that actually works? We have spent countless hours on the phone trying to correct all the mistakes and changes that Disney saddled us with. It's disgraceful. I did notice one thing though, the part of the website that takes your money for a vacation always seems to work.

Then once you call, after waiting on hold forever it then takes a very long time to find someone who can actually help you, they usually just pass you around from department to department.

Am I the only one completely frustrated by this? I mean my hometown can provide a website that works correctly and this is a tiny town with very little money. Why can't Disney?

Sorry for the rant.

Misspelledone

I cannot see anything beyond Nov 3rd on my BOG reservation also. When I called the Disney internet help desk they said they have not heard of any plans to discontinue the test. It does seem like a glitch and unfortunately noone is able to identify who we should speak to directly about this issue.

Sheller

Nov 3 is 27 days out from today. From what I've been reading, 27 days is the magic number. So Nov 4 should open up tomorrow, the 5th on Thursday, and so on.

siskaren said:
Nov 3 is 27 days out from today. From what I've been reading, 27 days is the magic number. So Nov 4 should open up tomorrow, the 5th on Thursday, and so on.

In a perfect world yes thats how it works, but no one has been able to get November at all yet. :/

No one has been able to get one for November yet. There is a lot of speculation going on that the "test" has been ended. Personally we have been arranging our vacation fast passes and dining reservations for months now and the whole entire system very rarely works correctly. We have had our dining reservations "magically" disappear, our fast passes were all changed without our consent (our fast passes were for our full family of 7, Disney decided that my children did not need fastpasses so my children were all dropped from the fastpass reservations).

For a company worth as much money as Disney, is it too much to ask for a computer reservation system that actually works? We have spent countless hours on the phone trying to correct all the mistakes and changes that Disney saddled us with. It's disgraceful. I did notice one thing though, the part of the website that takes your money for a vacation always seems to work.

Then once you call, after waiting on hold forever it then takes a very long time to find someone who can actually help you, they usually just pass you around from department to department.

Am I the only one completely frustrated by this? I mean my hometown can provide a website that works correctly and this is a tiny town with very little money. Why can't Disney?

Sorry for the rant.

Misspelledone

Honestly, I cannot disagree with you. We are staying Club Level for our trip so we have had the luxury of the concierge employees and the Itinerary Planning Office, and we are still having just as many frustrations. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them regarding lots of issues. I LOVE all their new ideas about planning and setting all these amazing things up, I just want it all to work correctly. I still adore Disney, I just really want them to work out all these kinks. I'm so afraid I'm going to get down there (in 25 days) and be faced with having to deal with problems. When I get there, I just want to be on vacation!

Chatting with a Disney rep about it right now......

Her answer is, you might want to have a backup lunch plan. Hmmm

My backup lunch plan is always Columbia Harbour House. :goodvibes

Why would they go back to a paper FP?? That makes no sense when booking the lunch FP on line works no nice.
My Co Worker just got back on Sunday and said it worked perfectly at check in for lunch and the place was not over crowded and everything went smooth.

It is crazy to think we would have to get there first thing in the am to line up to get a paper FP on the day we arrive..So annoying!:sad:

I hope whatever the hold up is that they release some dates soon so we can grab a time and be done with it!

They need to keep move forward with their fancy technology and not go back in time.....

They have already started using (or did use this summer) a paper "fastpass" (with a return time and limited allotment) for standby guests, in addition to the FastPass+ system for resort guests.

I've been logged on to the BOG FP page for about a month. It showed then what it shows now - Nov 1-6 with the 5th appearing twice. I had hoped that there would be something magic that happened on day 27 (I'm trying for Nov 02). Now I'm getting anxious that it's all going to open up at once and everyone that has reached day 27 and beyond will be able to book FPs at once. I was so ready on that day 27 and now I feel like I'm going to end up missing it when it does become available.

Honestly, I'm kinda feeling pretty meh about even eating at BOG now. All I really wanted to do was to see the inside of the restaurant. Anyone know if you can still go inside and look around without actually eating?

Help! I'm way within my 27 day window and have seen lots of availabiliy all week until I logged in today. Now it states "no availability" the entire time. Is this a glitch? :confused3

Read back three pages. None of November has opened up. No one knows why :(
Join with those of us going from sad to ragey!

I agree with the "meh" about eating there now. Honestly I think I'm over this now. There's no way it can live up to all this hype and stress for me now. I feel like this whole messed up process has killed it for me. :(

Anyone know if you can still go inside and look around without actually eating?

I think you can.. go just before it opens and ask a CM at the door.. My DH and I did that 2 years ago when it first opened.. took pictures quickly and left (about 5 minutes total in there) We didn't see much but we were able to go back last November for lunch.. stand by. We got there early, like 10:20 am and got in line. No problems..

Read back three pages. None of November has opened up. No one knows why :(
Join with those of us going from sad to ragey!

I agree with the "meh" about eating there now. Honestly I think I'm over this now. There's no way it can live up to all this hype and stress for me now. I feel like this whole messed up process has killed it for me. :(

Ugh, what a screwy website. I was able to view Oct 27-30/31(?) no problem until yesterday - now there's nothing. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter