Be Our Guest Breakfast Menu

The $24 includes entree, pastries and drinks so when you add up the value its about the same as lunch price. Lunch would be $16 entree, $5 dessert $3 drink. Except the pastries at breakfast don't look as good as the cupcakes at lunch.

But also both meals are expensive as people are willing to pay.

Last edited:
Actually they were sharing or just buying a cupcake and a coffee before they increased the prices. There was lots of talk about it. Because most people book it for the early entry, not the food.

But the prices have always been outrageous. $19 for a donut is not any better than $24 in my book, and the cupcake wasn't even available when they first opened. In fact, you couldn't buy anything a la carte. When it went up to $22, they added the cupcake and coffee options. When they opened BoG for breakfast, they set the prices high because they knew the demand was high. They created the sharing, buy as little as you can, problem when they didn't make it a true prix fix and make everyone pay. The knowledgeable consumer is rewarded with early access at a GREAT price, but the majority of guests have no idea and continue to pay the ridiculous prices Disney has set.

Why does Disney charge so much for their version of an Egg McMuffin, a donut with whip cream on it, or a bowl of Fruit Loops along with a plate of previously frozen Entenmanns quality pastries? Because people will pay any price Disney asks for this less than average food (BOG) when it is sprinkled with this.

pixie-dust.png

Well, your first mistake is in assuming lunch prices are the same as they were in 2014. ;)

Still less than breakfast though. And keep in mind that there is no minimum purchase. Some groups are sharing breakfast portions.

I wasn't -- I looked at the new menus posted on All Ears for this year -- and the lunch and dinner prices, for the most part, are still less than a $24 breakfast. The lunch I bought in 2014 was $12.99 and is now $15.99 -- still doable for the great food we got (at that time.

If I'm going to pay that much for breakfast though, I'd rather go to dinner so I can at least get the souvenir pic with Beast.

I have reservations for here during my trip and the only reason I did it was because it is 1 counter service on the DDP. If it wasn't I would never do it. I am still hoping for an early time as I have an 8:55 AM now but I have been told I can get into the park as early as 7:45 AM. I am hoping that gives me time to get some nice pictures before RD and maybe get on the 7DMC before I go for my reservation.

I have reservations for here during my trip and the only reason I did it was because it is 1 counter service on the DDP. If it wasn't I would never do it. I am still hoping for an early time as I have an 8:55 AM now but I have been told I can get into the park as early as 7:45 AM. I am hoping that gives me time to get some nice pictures before RD and maybe get on the 7DMC before I go for my reservation.

That is a great value if it only counts as one counter service!

Actually they were sharing or just buying a cupcake and a coffee before they increased the prices. There was lots of talk about it. Because most people book it for the early entry, not the food.

Sharing before the last price increase...yes.

Buying a cupcake and a coffee? No. That wasn't an option until this last round of price increases. Before that, at least one person in the group had to at least buy a full meal, whether it was a kids' or adult. There was no option to buy anything other than a complete meal...not even an extra drink. Cupcakes weren't even available at breakfast.

Last edited:
Why does Disney charge so much for their version of an Egg McMuffin, a donut with whip cream on it, or a bowl of Fruit Loops along with a plate of previously frozen Entenmanns quality pastries? Because people will pay any price Disney asks for this less than average food (BOG) when it is sprinkled with this.

pixie-dust.png

What else would explain SO many people declaring BoG and the best meal they've ever had?

It's not enough food to share. The food wasn't even very good. They take the amazing Cronut at Epcot ($5) add whip cream and some banana sauce and charge $24!!!!! Plus the banana sauce ruins it.
I paid it because I wanted pictures in front of the castle without crowds. I also thought it would be better than it was. You can ask for extra pastries, but that still didn't fill us up or make it feel like we got our money's worth.

Sharing before the last price increase...yes.

Buying a cupcake and a coffee? No. That wasn't an option until this last round of price increases. Before that, at least one person in the group had to at least buy a full meal, whether it was a kids' or adult. There was no option to buy anything other than a complete meal...not even an extra drink. Cupcakes weren't even available at breakfast.
I stand corrected. I must've been reading threads after the increase. I've never heard of the one full meal rule. Not saying it didn't happen but that must've been during my long Disboards hiatus.

People wanted more bang for their buck with the Dining Plan - Disney responded. Not in the way their guests were thinking, but they responded. Now it's definitely worth a QS credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter