BCV to Extra Magic at MK-- will we make it?

roadtripper

DIS Veteran
Hi all DVC experts--
I am trying to figure out the best way to insure that we make it to Extra Magic hour at MK on Sunday Feb 15th. DS uses a w/c-- last year we were the first people at the OKW bus stop, but able people boarded first, and then there was no room. They called for another bus, but we missed Extra Magic character stuff. Now I know to stand right at the curb so the driver can see us. We've never used the busses at BCV; I don't know how frequently they run.
Should we:
---Drive straight to MK before checking in at BCV--and if so, will we have to pay to park, or can we show our reservation? As resort guests, will we be able to take the monorail to the park entrance or must we wait at the TTC? And will waiting to check in until the afternoon affect "room ready" policy?
---Park at BCV and take the bus?

Thanks for all your help!

If you want to take advantage of EMH, you will probably have to show your resort ID. Check into BCV first then go to MK. Buses run about every 20-30 minutes (or so).

You could always check in, then drive to MK and take the monorail from TTC. With your resort ID, they should let you on the monorail.

I'm not certain what the "rules" are, but everytime there is a line of people and someone waiting with a wheelchair, the driver normaly doesnt open the front door until after he has gotten the wheel chair on board and secured, perhaps in that instance he just didnt see you (OKW). DOn't get into the Bus Line, wait by the curb near to where the rear of the bus would be.

By the way, we will see u there too! BCV 2-12 to 2-20!!

"I'm not certain what the "rules" are, but everytime there is a line of people and someone waiting with a wheelchair, the driver normaly doesnt open the front door until after he has gotten the wheel chair on board and secured, perhaps in that instance he just didnt see you (OKW)."....................

I have found this to "always" be the case, as I have taken a mobility challenged person for many years on WDW busses.
Make sure the driver sees you.....

Enjoy and have a GREAT "Disney Day"!! :wave2:

Originally posted by roadtripper
Hi all DVC experts--
I am trying to figure out the best way to insure that we make it to Extra Magic hour at MK on Sunday Feb 15th. DS uses a w/c-- last year we were the first people at the OKW bus stop, but able people boarded first, and then there was no room. They called for another bus, but we missed Extra Magic character stuff. Now I know to stand right at the curb so the driver can see us. We've never used the busses at BCV; I don't know how frequently they run.
Should we:
---Drive straight to MK before checking in at BCV--and if so, will we have to pay to park, or can we show our reservation? As resort guests, will we be able to take the monorail to the park entrance or must we wait at the TTC? And will waiting to check in until the afternoon affect "room ready" policy?
---Park at BCV and take the bus?

Thanks for all your help!

If you haven't already, post your question on the DisAbilities Forum. The posters there have had LOTS of experience using wheelchairs and ECVs at WDW. They'll know for sure what your best options may be.

disAbilities Forum

Did someone call the disABILITIES Board?
I agree with the other posters. We've been DVC members at OKW for 11 years and are almost always traveling with DD in her wheelchair. We've never had a problem getting on a bus unless it was full when it stopped or the accessibility equipment was broken so they could not load us (in which case, the bus CM came out to tell us that).
My best guess is that the driver didn't see you or didn't know that you wanted his bus. The general "drill" is, wait by the curb close to where the back door of the bus will be when it stops. Keep your whole party together. That way, you are out in the open so the driver can see you. When a bus comes, indicate whether or not you want to board. We usually look at the bus driver and either shake our heads "no" or "yes". (But it sounds like you know that now).
If you are having problems, you can have guest Services at your resort call WDW transportation for you to make sure you get a bus.

Now, for the specific BCV question. I'd probably check in there so you can get the resort IDs. They will give you keys, but have you call back later in the day to get your room number. When we were there last (in July) the buses were shared between the Epcot resorts and BC was the last stop. If it's still like that, I probably would drive to MK. The buses were pretty full by the time they got to BC when we stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter