BCV Sell Out by June!

BCVOwner2002

I do math problems in my sleep!
I spoke with my guide yesterday and she informed me that it appears BCV will be sold out by June! If this is true they will start pre-selling SSR this summer - a year before it's due to open. Now my big question is do I add on more points now? Annmarie

Originally posted by BCVOwner2002
I spoke with my guide yesterday and she informed me that it appears BCV will be sold out by June! If this is true they will start pre-selling SSR this summer - a year before it's due to open. Now my big question is do I add on more points now? Annmarie
While certain use years may sell out, I bet one can buy BCV into the late summer or early fall, maybe even later as points come back into inventory. I don't see a complete sell out by June. They may do what they did with WLV and close off late and retain some points only for add ons. As I noted on another thread, I suspect a price increase by or before June though I suspect it will be a smaller one, maybe $86 or $87 per point. Anyone remember when they only went up a $1.50 or so at a time?

Hi.

That's the question I'm asking myself too. Seems like this would be the best time to add-on to BCV.

1) It will sell out soon
2) Pointswill go up.
3) If we don't, we'll wish we had.

Paul

I just added on at VWL on Wed, and my guide said asked if I was reacting to a letter I just received telling about the anticipated sell-out of both VWL(add-ons still available) and BCV. I told her no, and then she didn't give me any further information. So, I know I did receive a letter similiar to that a few months ago, but I wonder if another letter is due out soon. She did tell me that they do expect VWL to be completely sold out VERY soon. I'm sure they will probably do the same thing with BCV that they did with VWL, just close it off to new memberships and only allow add-ons.

Anniet - the year-end bonus is burning a whole in a pocket it hasn't even touched yet!!! Annmarie

I'm wondering about DVC sales. I think they are doing quite well with current members adding on but I'm wondering if there has been a slowing in new sales. I got the annual report from Disney and it mentions that BCV opened with 40% sold. If they are currently 60% sold, that's not a lot of sales since last summer. With tourism down at WDW, I wonder if they are getting the new folks and the foreign visitors who purchased in the past?

PamOKW, good point, there have been great deals on Disney resort accomodations especially for moderates. Maybe that's contributing to the point buy back efforts, to capitalize in the add-on arket demand.

Originally posted by BCVOwner2002
Anniet - the year-end bonus is burning a whole in a pocket it hasn't even touched yet!!! Annmarie

I know, the same goes for me too-

Note:BCVOwner2002 and I work together. We will be getting bonuses soon and we are both itching to add-on! It will be fun to see who caves in first....I'm betting it's HER!!! Of course this is assuming that we both don't get fired first for continuously talking DVC and DISboards at work!!!!!! :eek:

Was told friday 3/14 that they are 75% sold out.

Originally posted by AKemel
Was told friday 3/14 that they are 75% sold out.
I was told this weekend they are about 70% sold out. At this rate it will be Fall or even the first of the year before they truly sell out. My guess is that BCV will sell out in the fall or early winter just around the time SS starts to sell out. Then, just like WLV, points will magically appear later. It seems to be an effective tool to jumpstart sales on the new property. And yes, I am suggesting it was a planned move.

I really want to buy points at BCV before they sell out. I want to do it in June when I graduate from college...hopefully I'll be able to use any gifts as a down payment...

As I've posted before:
By DVC's own claims, BCV was 40% sold by 7/1/2002, and 70% sold by 2/1/2003. (OF course neither of these is likely to be exact.) If it continued to sell at the same rate, it would be sold out on 9/1/2003. I see no reason to believe sales will increase. In any case NO WAY will it be sold out by June, although particular use years may be gone.

Originally posted by erikthewise
In any case NO WAY will it be sold out by June, although particular use years may be gone.

We have an August use year. If our use year is gone by June, that's really considered "sold out" to us, isn't it? Or am I missing something? Then, it doesn't matter that it's not "sold out" if we can no longer get our use year.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
We have an August use year. If our use year is gone by June, that's really considered "sold out" to us, isn't it? Or am I missing something? Then, it doesn't matter that it's not "sold out" if we can no longer get our use year.

Absolutely right, otherwise it wouldn't be worth mentioning. I was thinking of new members. There have been posts saying August was sold out/almost sold out. It's not clear whether they were right, but if you want to add on, I'd call tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter