Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

Look at that luck! Room is ready AND a full balcony. Love it when that pixie dust all works out for the best. :thumbsup2

Ooooh, World of Disney. It's a dangerous place. I no longer even go in there. It's just too big and I want too many things and I can't deal with it LOL.

Basin is just heaven! You can order soaps from their website, but not with the mickey heads, and even if you could it's just not the same! I've actually never been in the DTD location, but I looove the one at the GF.

Your room at the BC looks so great! I love when they give you the room you want. It just adds that extra bit of pixie dust onto the trip. :wizard:

Subbing In!

I have been away from the boards for almost 5 months, PDTD (post Disney trip depression)! Got on tonight and saw, "Bazinga", I was hooked, most favorite show EVER! Thanks for helping me get out of my funk!

The Big Bang Theory is awesome, is it not? What a great show! Glad to help you out of the PDTD. I know it all too well!

I was having a hard time picturing what you meant about a full balcony opposed to the other but as soon as I looked at the one picture I totally got it:thumbsup2 I would want a full balcony too! What an awesome view from your room...I could just imagine early morning out there with a coffee in hand.....:cloud9:

Yeah--full balcony all the way for me unless I am staying solo. Then the Juliet would be fine. And dh an I spent a couple of times out there with coffee in hand.

So glad you got the room you wanted! That full balcony is really gorgeous, especially with that great view. I love the "this is my spot" reference at the end:laughing:

LOL, the chair on the right side became my spot. I could see the lagoon and the movies on the beach from there!

I have to tell you, I get the biggest kick out of seeing people in my tie dye. I just love how bright the colors are, and...I don't know. People are wearing my art! You know? It's awesome. I'm glad everyone like them so much, especially your hubbie, the hard to please. :goodvibes

We got so many comments on our shirts. I will go into it a bit with our discussion on Magic Kingdom, but MK is the best place to wear the matching tie dye shirts, lemme tell you.

Look at that luck! Room is ready AND a full balcony. Love it when that pixie dust all works out for the best. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes That is the best!

Ooooh, World of Disney. It's a dangerous place. I no longer even go in there. It's just too big and I want too many things and I can't deal with it LOL.

Basin is just heaven! You can order soaps from their website, but not with the mickey heads, and even if you could it's just not the same! I've actually never been in the DTD location, but I looove the one at the GF.

Your room at the BC looks so great! I love when they give you the room you want. It just adds that extra bit of pixie dust onto the trip. :wizard:

My favorite Basin location is the one at GF, and we make a trip there, as will. I really loved our room and I will talk about how it was the perfect location for the quiet pool, Epcot, and laundry.

We got the most commentary on our shirts in the Magic Kingdom as well. :)

Oh that view, it is perfect! And to have a room ready that early?! So wonderful!!

LOVE those shirts! I want to do the tie dye Mickey head shirts for my boys for the next trip but have a feeling, like most artsy projects I attempt, they will be a huge FAIL!!! ;)

Waiting to hear more :-)

Joining in. Loving that your room was ready and that you had a full balcony. Looking forward to the next update.

We got the most commentary on our shirts in the Magic Kingdom as well. :)

The best place to wear them is MK, because there always seems to be so many people there!

Oh that view, it is perfect! And to have a room ready that early?! So wonderful!!

LOVE those shirts! I want to do the tie dye Mickey head shirts for my boys for the next trip but have a feeling, like most artsy projects I attempt, they will be a huge FAIL!!! ;)

Waiting to hear more :-)

It was awesome having the room ready. And I will tell you--I had TarzansKat do mine. She is awesome and got it done quickly even while she was moving and dealing with a baby at the same time!

Joining in. Loving that your room was ready and that you had a full balcony. Looking forward to the next update.

:welcome: That was the best--we didn't have to worry about our stuff sitting in the heat or that it would be lost in Bell Services.

Since getting up that morning, we had:

1. Repacked the truck

2. Left Port Orleans

3. Driven to the Beach Club

4. Checked into the Beach Club

5. Put our stuff in the room

6. Taken pictures

At one point, Dan asks, "Do you really think we will make it to Rope Drop?"

I looked at my watch. It was 7:30am.

Yes. We had done all of that before 7:30 am. We walked down to the Beach Club Marketplace and got breakfast. Then we hopped on the bus.

Before long, we were doing this:

June_05_2011_077.jpg

"Magic, Wrapped up in Pixie Dust. . .Welcome to the Place where Dreams come True"

Did anyone think I would NOT make it to rope drop?

We held hands together as we trudged through the traffic going into the Magic Kingdom

June_05_2011_087.jpg

Anyone feel like Sardines?

June_05_2011_089.jpg

Should I or shouldn't I stick that lady's tag back in her shirt?​

At some point, I get this picture and am not sure how the only visible people seem to be less than 10 people:

June_05_2011_093.jpg

Excuse me, but does anyone have my key to my house?​

So we made it to rope drop. The only other question is, what do we do first?

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Congrats on making it to rope drop!

I LOVE the way you vacation so far!

For a first ride/attraction, I am going with Peter Pan (that is always our first stop).

Hi,
Another Disney nut joining in. :wave: I am enjoying your report. I love the pic of your daughters sleeping in the backseat. My DD sleeps like that in the car as well, don't know how one gets comfy like that but whatever works. :confused3

Your room at the BC looks awesome. I would like to try that resort out some time! Good job on making rope drop and your tie-dye shirts are cool! :hippie:

By the way, it doesn't sound like you live too far away from us. We live in Huntersville so have to drive through Charlotte on 77 on our way to WDW. ;)

Looking forward to reading more!

Wow, I'm not a morning person at all, I could never do all that before 7:30! That's just amazing to me :laughing: And I love your shots of the castle.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Congrats on making it to rope drop!

I LOVE the way you vacation so far!

For a first ride/attraction, I am going with Peter Pan (that is always our first stop).

You will have to see. :rolleyes1

Good lord, you did all that before 730am? I'm impressed!

Yeah--I was surprised. Typically, we are at RD at MK like at 8:00 am. I think we made it there around 8:40 or so--the kids did not have to wait long at all.

Of course, during a work week, we are up at 5:30am. I'm pretty sure that morning we were up well before 6.

Hi,
Another Disney nut joining in. :wave: I am enjoying your report. I love the pic of your daughters sleeping in the backseat. My DD sleeps like that in the car as well, don't know how one gets comfy like that but whatever works. :confused3

Your room at the BC looks awesome. I would like to try that resort out some time! Good job on making rope drop and your tie-dye shirts are cool! :hippie:

By the way, it doesn't sound like you live too far away from us. We live in Huntersville so have to drive through Charlotte on 77 on our way to WDW. ;)

Looking forward to reading more!

I think I have driven to Huntersville on the way to Charlotte.

I don't know how the kids sleep like that, but they do. I see you are going to be at POFQ soon. That is a beautiful resort! It reminds me of being at Disney by myself.

Wow, I'm not a morning person at all, I could never do all that before 7:30! That's just amazing to me :laughing: And I love your shots of the castle.

LOL.

Thanks, too!

I'm so glad I followed your link in your siggie from the YC/BC FAQ!! And glad I didn't have to read 4000 pages to catch up. ;)

First - I still do like POR, and we stayed in the AB section too. Now the big question, who was the "lucky" kid who got to sleep on the floor, er, trundle bed? That was one of the reasons our family of 5 didn't want to say there any longer. No one wants the floor. Darn it. We had to settle for the YC next month. :rolleyes1

Next - Awesome on getting your one and only request, and that view is totally beautiful! I'd probably sit there with tears in my eyes. I can only hope our GV at the YC is just as nice. :flower3:

Finally - YES! You should have tucked that lady's tag in. :lmao: I totally know that feeling to want to do that.

Looking forward to more updates!! popcorn::

WOW, impressive time management skills!!!!

And I agree with PP, you should have tucked in the tag. I wonder how she would have responded?!?! Might have been scary, so many Disney goers, in the summer heat no less, are a walking a fine line of sanity! :laughing:

I'm so glad I followed your link in your siggie from the YC/BC FAQ!! And glad I didn't have to read 4000 pages to catch up. ;)

First - I still do like POR, and we stayed in the AB section too. Now the big question, who was the "lucky" kid who got to sleep on the floor, er, trundle bed? That was one of the reasons our family of 5 didn't want to say there any longer. No one wants the floor. Darn it. We had to settle for the YC next month. :rolleyes1

Next - Awesome on getting your one and only request, and that view is totally beautiful! I'd probably sit there with tears in my eyes. I can only hope our GV at the YC is just as nice. :flower3:

Finally - YES! You should have tucked that lady's tag in. :lmao: I totally know that feeling to want to do that.

Looking forward to more updates!! popcorn::

Boo was the "lucky" person who slept on the floor. Of course, settling for the Yacht Club does not seem bad to me, lol.

I hope our view is as pretty as ours. It was an awesome view, and we all enjoyed it out there.

I did not notice the lady's tag until yesterday, lol, but I probably would have told had I known it.

WOW, impressive time management skills!!!!

And I agree with PP, you should have tucked in the tag. I wonder how she would have responded?!?! Might have been scary, so many Disney goers, in the summer heat no less, are a walking a fine line of sanity! :laughing:

I can imagine the lack of sanity of a resort guest in the heat of June!

As we walked through the castle to Fantasyland, I caught my first glimpses of the construction going on over the fences.

June_05_2011_095.jpg

Beast's castle

June_05_2011_097.jpg

And another. By now, I'm feeling all paparazzi!

Our first location? Dumbo. For some reason, Dan feels this has to be our first stop, so it is. While waiting in line at Dumbo, who should show up but. . .

June_05_2011_101.jpg

Pinocchio! Here, Boo is telling him she always wante to meet him

June_05_2011_103.jpg

He's showing her how to pose

June_05_2011_105.jpg

My favorite picture of the trip, taken in the first 10 minutes in a park.

Then, our first ride:

June_05_2011_122.jpg

I think it's one of those things Dan and Boo have to do together

June_05_2011_123.jpg

While Sheldon had a great need to fly solo.

While up there, I got a couple of aerial shots of the progress in Fantasyland's expansion.

June_05_2011_128.jpg

By now, you start to think if I really should have a media tag around my neck

June_05_2011_132.jpg

June_05_2011_133.jpg

Paparazzi shots complete, we were on our way to Peter Pan, which really should be our first stop, but it isn't so bad when it's the second ride. Of course, no pictures of this one.

After that, Dan, Boo, and Sheldon decided to ride It's a Small World while Sweetie and I got fast passes for Space Mountain. We also stopped on our way back to get a couple of drinks and timed it perfectly to meet everyone coming out of IASW.

It was early in the morning still, and the whole of Magic Kingdom was ahead of us.

Coming up. . .Welcome, Foolish Mortals. . .

:thumbsup2 on Dan's hat!

When a family goes to Peter Pan early on, you know they know the score!

Dumbo was my 2nd place guess!

What an awesome interaction with Pinnochio!!!

The construction is really coming along behind the walls...

:thumbsup2 on Dan's hat!

When a family goes to Peter Pan early on, you know they know the score!

Dumbo was my 2nd place guess!

What an awesome interaction with Pinnochio!!!

The construction is really coming along behind the walls...

Dan was born near Boston, so you know the score there, lol.

Yeah--no point in Pan later unless you have fastpasses.

Pinocchio was awesome, and I'm excited about the construction.

Have a great trip, Dee!

What a great Pinocchio picture, it is super sweet. :goodvibes

I get so excited when I see Fantasyland construction photos, I can't wait for the expansion to be complete!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter