Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

Amanda That Welcome to Walt disney World sign always makes my heart skip a beat !! LOL!

Like LL said lucky you being in driving distance of the World!

POR looks very pretty and the kids look nice and comfy in the room...but 45 minutes just to find it!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hope it didnt take you that long to find your way back to the the car...or Disney transportation!

There must be something about POR because it took us awhile to find our room too, I think it was because they were not very clear on the directions. All week while we were there, we would see bewildered people trying to find their rooms, we started helping to point them in the right direction. It's a very large layout until you get your bearings. :lmao:

It's strange, beacuse we've stayed there many, many times. This time, however, it was weird. There was no direct route to our building! Thank goodness we got a first floor room, though!

Amanda That Welcome to Walt disney World sign always makes my heart skip a beat !! LOL!

Like LL said lucky you being in driving distance of the World!

POR looks very pretty and the kids look nice and comfy in the room...but 45 minutes just to find it!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hope it didnt take you that long to find your way back to the the car...or Disney transportation!

LOL--No problem with finding transportation. Once we got to the room and I took a walk around the building, I knew where we were. Just a strange place for it to be located!

I'm glad you all made it to the room. Alligator Bayou is kind of sprawled out. :rotfl:

I've never had the make your own pasta from the counter service place at POR. Sounds good, though.

After finding our way through Port Orleans-Riverside, we walked up to Riverside Mill for dinner. The kids and I split two make your own pastas, while Dan, as I recall, had a light dinner of yogurt and a banana. Plus some of our leftovers.

The plan all along was for us to stay at POR for easy access to Downtown Disney for our arrival night. We did not want to be up all night at another location; rather, it was our wish to go to DTD, shop, and spend some time at a quiet pool.

POR was the perfect location because of the boat to DTD.

We had one problem, though. Boo is scared she's going to fall out of the boat and into the river.

To which I say, "I promise, Boo, that you won't fall into the Sassagoula River."

After a little whining on her part, we get her into the boat.

Sheldon, on the other hand, looks happy enough:

June_04_2011_018.jpg

Do you think it will work better if I come out with a cheesy pose?

We of course, float by the resort that I will always associate with solitude and peacefulness in the midst of Christmas frenzy. I promise, one day, I will go back for Christmas by myself.

June_04_2011_023.jpg

I know my room was right on the other side of this building. Can't I just visit?

As we turn the corner for Downtown Disney, the characters in flight balloon is grounded. Apparently, it was too windy that day.

June_04_2011_027.jpg

As nice as this looks, I'll keep my feet on the ground, thankyouverymuch.

As we turn the corner, it's almost like there's a cue for the choir of angels! I was amazed at how much work they did to increase the size of the Lego Store!

June_04_2011_030.jpg

Just stay right there.

And still my favorite store of all:

June_04_2011_032.jpg

Soon, my friend, very soon.

We park ourselves in Downtown Disney, and head almost directly over to the Lego Store (by almost directly, I mean, there is a pit stop through Goofy's Candy Co.)

I am genuinely amazed by the detail of the Lego statues there, and Sheldon still says he's going to be a designer of these awesome things when he gets older.

June_04_2011_033.jpg

How did the make the green fire?

June_04_2011_038.jpg

Catch that moving truck!

June_04_2011_043.jpg

Dopey gets all the love!

June_04_2011_047.jpg

Though we don't know what we dig em for, we dig-dig-digga-dig-dig.

This picture in front of Buzz really shows how much they have increased the size of the store--It's amazing!

June_04_2011_049.jpg

To infinity, and beyond!

June_04_2011_050.jpg

You've got a friend in me!​

Sheldon's pockets empty, we left the Lego Store for hopefully a calmer environment.

Coming up--"What's that SMELL?"

I have never been to the Lego store but it looks really awesome, I really should make the time for that.

I loved my stay at POFQ, I'd really love to stay there again. I didn't get to enjoy the rest very much when I was there.

I love your captions!

Sounds like a fun first night. Sorry you missed your turn and that it took so long to find your room!

The Lego Store is my boys favorite! The creations they have are amazing!

None of us are really shoppers, so this is where all our souvenir dollars go. I will share my favorite Lego packing tip with you (and your dear readers). It probably isn't as important to you since you drive to Florida, but if you come by plane, bringing back one of the large Lego sets in the big boxes is problematic.

What we do is open the box and then repack all of the smaller plastic bags, and the instructions, into a gallon (or two gallon) ziplock bag. Makes it much easier to pack in your luggage. The boys usually like to keep the boxes, too, so we flatten them, and then put them on the bottom of a suitcase.

A pit stop through Goofy's Candy Co. is always necessary!;) And wow the new Lego store really is huge. Legos are just so awesome. Those statues are amazing, I could stare at them all day!

I have never been to the Lego store but it looks really awesome, I really should make the time for that.

I loved my stay at POFQ, I'd really love to stay there again. I didn't get to enjoy the rest very much when I was there.

The kids really do love the Lego Store.

I love your captions!

Sounds like a fun first night. Sorry you missed your turn and that it took so long to find your room!

The Lego Store is my boys favorite! The creations they have are amazing!

None of us are really shoppers, so this is where all our souvenir dollars go. I will share my favorite Lego packing tip with you (and your dear readers). It probably isn't as important to you since you drive to Florida, but if you come by plane, bringing back one of the large Lego sets in the big boxes is problematic.

What we do is open the box and then repack all of the smaller plastic bags, and the instructions, into a gallon (or two gallon) ziplock bag. Makes it much easier to pack in your luggage. The boys usually like to keep the boxes, too, so we flatten them, and then put them on the bottom of a suitcase.

That is a great tip with the Legos. We try to fit everything back in the luggage even though we drive down, because we are in the truck and we really don't want stuff flying out. On this trip, we resorted to making Stinky carry everything back on his lap.

A pit stop through Goofy's Candy Co. is always necessary!;) And wow the new Lego store really is huge. Legos are just so awesome. Those statues are amazing, I could stare at them all day!

And when I say that's what my son wants to do, I promise you--that is what he wants to do!

I love all the new statues at the Lego Store....they are just amazing!!

They are awesome!

POR is huge, I can easily see how one could get lost and have it take 45 minutes to get there. I'm quite confident I couldn't find the room I stayed in again.

I've actually never even been in the lego store so I don't have a frame of reference for the size increase but it sure looks huge!

POR is huge, I can easily see how one could get lost and have it take 45 minutes to get there. I'm quite confident I couldn't find the room I stayed in again.

I've actually never even been in the lego store so I don't have a frame of reference for the size increase but it sure looks huge!

LOL--I did find the room we stayed in 2 years ago. But it's a huge resort.

I'll have to dig up comparison photos for the Lego Store. I know I have them.

subbing! popcorn::

Your TR title got me. I adore HIMYM and BBT. Love it!

Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

:welcome: And glad to find more lovers of those shows!

Joining in. We're stopping for the night in South Carolina, and we're hoping for a quick uneventful trip into DIsney the next day. The Lego store looks fab, but my indecesive in the old store. I imagine we'll be there for HOURS!!

Mind if I join in? Sounds like this will be a great trip!

Of course, you can!

Joining in. We're stopping for the night in South Carolina, and we're hoping for a quick uneventful trip into DIsney the next day. The Lego store looks fab, but my indecesive in the old store. I imagine we'll be there for HOURS!!

Where are you stopping in SC? My favorite is to stay in Santee--very pretty area.

We were there for a long time, I promise you! There is so much to do in the new store.

It looks like the lego store is a lot bigger than it used to be. I'm sure I'll get to visit the lego store plenty, once my youngest gets old enough to not eat the legos.

Did you get anything at Goofy's Candy Co? I never come out of there empty handed. :rotfl:

OH my gosh, I am :lmao: over the name of your next chapter.

And by the way, hi, I'm here!

And lovin' it! I love your trip reports, can't wait to read more. And can I add that I cannot believe how big the Lego store is now? WOW!

Um, so since I have been called a female Sheldon, I was drawn right on in by the Bazinga :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading you TR! Oh and your kids are just too cute :lovestruc

Your title totally got me! Nice job. :thumbsup2 Both shows are hilarious.

:welcome: I love them, too!

It looks like the lego store is a lot bigger than it used to be. I'm sure I'll get to visit the lego store plenty, once my youngest gets old enough to not eat the legos.

Did you get anything at Goofy's Candy Co? I never come out of there empty handed. :rotfl:

It is bigger. And no, I did not get anything at Goofy's. I don't know why--I suppose it's because I wasn't hungry and I knew we were changing resorts the next morning. I didn't want candy in the truck the next day while we were at Magic Kingdom.

OH my gosh, I am :lmao: over the name of your next chapter.

I had to go back and look at it. Yeah, you would find that funny, lol. :rotfl:

And by the way, hi, I'm here!

Yay! Let the party get started!

And lovin' it! I love your trip reports, can't wait to read more. And can I add that I cannot believe how big the Lego store is now? WOW!

It is amazing there!

Um, so since I have been called a female Sheldon, I was drawn right on in by the Bazinga :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading you TR! Oh and your kids are just too cute :lovestruc

:welcome: Perhaps I should introduce you to my son, lol.

And thanks for the compliments about my kids. They are really great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter