Bare Minerals Makeup in Carry On

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
OK I am what I consider a fairly knowledgeable traveler BUT this trip to the USVI I want to put my makeup in my carryon. I only us Bare Minerals so it is powder. Is there a restriction on that--some are the pressed powders and some are loose.
Also, what about a tube of mascara.

THANKS!

Mascara has to go in your liquids bag. I have never had trouble with bare minerals in my Carry on.

Only liquid or gel items have to go in your 3-1-1 bag. Anything else is fine in your makeup bag. I carry mineral makeup all the time in my carry on and it's never a problem. If you use their spray primer or a liquid/gel eye shadow primer, that has to go in the 3-1-1 bag, as does mascara, lip balms, and any creams. Solid lip balms/lipsticks are fine in the makeup bag, but if they go on with one of those doe wands or are squeezed out of a tube as thick liquid then they have to go in the 3-1-1 bag too. Pencil or powder eyeliners are fine in the makeup bag, but liquid/gel eyeliners must go in the 3-1-1 bag.

Also watch your deodorant. I always use those clinical strength deodorants that you turn the knob and it's forced up out of those holes. I always thought it was pretty solid, but got mine taken away by TSA. Unless it's a solid stick, they consider it a gel/liquid, which makes sense I guess. Out of the tube though, I'd think that stuff would hold it's shape, but apparently not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter