baggelinni and bad shoulders, and backs

nurseypoo5

Better late then never!!!! Right Mickster?!
Is it ok...ergonomically designed or will it pull on my back a lot. that i physically couldnt take. I'm actually worried about fanny packs pulling.

I'd be very interested to read the responses, too!
I have a severe shoulder/back injury,
so I can tell you from experience that some fanny packs
do "pull" and cause pain, or at least the fatigued feeling, KWIM?
I've found that using a very flat pack works best for me.
It obviously doesn't hold much - it's enough room for cash,
some change, CCards, 1 or 2 keys, small comb - anything that lies flat.
I found it on eBay.
I really like the Travelon messenger bag,
but when I tried it on at our AAA store it's only wearable
off the right shoulder - which is the worst of the 2 for me!
I am hemming & hawing about buying it anyway and hoping it works out...

I don't have back problems but I do have problems with my bagallini causing pain in my upper back. I do not put too much weight in it either. I also had a problem with my waist pack last year causing lower back pain until I put a shoulder strap on it as well as the waist strap which worked great. I do have the travelon messenger bag which does not cause me any back pain at all. I was so dissapointed that I can't use my bagallini when it fits a lot more than my travelon bag will. I don't know if it is what your body is used to or not because with a heavy regular purse I never get any back pain. I tried to use my bagallini when shopping for 2 months hoping my body would get used to it but it never did and I hurt after each shopping trip. I know lots of people love the bagallini so it must not cause everyone pain.

luvthatduke said:
I'd be very interested to read the responses, too!
I have a severe shoulder/back injury,
so I can tell you from experience that some fanny packs
do "pull" and cause pain, or at least the fatigued feeling, KWIM?
I've found that using a very flat pack works best for me.
It obviously doesn't hold much - it's enough room for cash,
some change, CCards, 1 or 2 keys, small comb - anything that lies flat.
I found it on eBay.
I am hemming & hawing about buying it anyway and hoping it works out...

I believe the Baggallini Messenger bag is also only wearable on the right shoulder....double check the pics on the web site before you buy.

I can't tell you about the bagallini but you might look into the healthy back bag from LL Bean. I just bought mine for 19.95 on their website on sale and received it yesterday. You wear it on one shoulder (at first I was trying to wear it like a sling LOL). The small is plenty big and it has so many compartments that I just keep finding new ones. I am going to try it out this weekend.
If you want to check it out, go to llbean.com, click on sale, and click on sunwashed canvas healthy back bag. The medium is 29.95 and the small is 19.95.

A GREAT bag for anyone who's worried about back or shoulder pain is the Ameribag sling. It's ergonomically designed to distribute the weight and is very, very nice. My mom and dad share one when they travel, and I bought one for this trip.

These two websites have them:

www.ameribag.com or www.bagselect.com

I found them a little cheaper at Bag Select, but Ameribag has all the information. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine and would recommend it to anyone.

Tam1067 said:
A GREAT bag for anyone who's worried about back or shoulder pain is the Ameribag sling. It's ergonomically designed to distribute the weight and is very, very nice. My mom and dad share one when they travel, and I bought one for this trip.

I found them a little cheaper at Bag Select, but Ameribag has all the information. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine and would recommend it to anyone.

I use an extra small for an everyday purse and it is plenty big enough for that. It has hel up very well too.

Chickysmom said:
I believe the Baggallini Messenger bag is also only wearable on the right shoulder....double check the pics on the web site before you buy.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I bought a Slingshot cross body messanger bag at ebags a couple of years ago. I used it once and it KILLED my back. I never have back problems, but my upper back was practically in spasms.

I do have some left shoulder problems - I bought an Ameribag but haven't had the nerve to use it yet.

zuzu310 said:
I can't tell you about the bagallini but you might look into the healthy back bag from LL Bean. I just bought mine for 19.95 on their website on sale and received it yesterday. You wear it on one shoulder (at first I was trying to wear it like a sling LOL). The small is plenty big and it has so many compartments that I just keep finding new ones. I am going to try it out this weekend.
If you want to check it out, go to llbean.com, click on sale, and click on sunwashed canvas healthy back bag. The medium is 29.95 and the small is 19.95.

Tam1067 said:

Arent these the same bag???? Would you mind comparing them, if so, then the one at LLBEAN is wayyyy cheap! it looks a bit like the bagellini tho..i mean fitting on the one shoulder and all... :confused3

This is hilarious, so i just went to ebay, and those idiots are buying up the same LLBEAN bag for 50 bucks you can buy at llbean for 19.99. And shipping is CHEAPER AT BEANS!

I think that is so funny..anyone want to go into buisiness!

You guys have to stop posting great bargains! i'm spending all my money! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I got the baggalini bag, it seems big,I'm a little overwhelmed,and haven't used it yet, how does everyone use it? I was tempted to buy the ll bean one too, then I slapped myself and reminded me that I'd JUST gotten the other one....
do you use it like a purse? or save it for trips?

I have the healthy back bag and a travelon. I too have back and shoulder problems (both shoulders with lots of surgeries) so I am very conscience of what I use. The travelon is quite small and works well, the only thing I don't like about it is the nylon web strap that can rub on your neck. The healthy back bag is great and if you extend the strap fully can be worn as a sling. The one thing that I have found works well for me is to buy the smallest bag possible so I don't overload. I would rather buy stuff in the parks, than load them into a bag.
Good luck

You gotta get the Travelon Slim-Line Messenger Bag...it hangs on your left shoulder and rests on your right hip! I too wnet to my AAA to get a Travelon Messenger and they only had the reg. one and it would have rested on my right shoulder, problem is I have RTC in my right shoulder!!! I found the slim-line one on ebags and it worked GREAT!!!! I wore it the entire time I was at WDW...even on rides and it never bothered me! I got the red one...it's a really nice red, not too bright. It also comes in black and khaki!

the ameribag/healthy back bag style are great as a purse. I use the extra-small size everday and put it on one shoulder.

loveysbydesign said:
You gotta get the Travelon Slim-Line Messenger Bag...it hangs on your left shoulder and rests on your right hip! I too wnet to my AAA to get a Travelon Messenger and they only had the reg. one and it would have rested on my right shoulder, problem is I have RTC in my right shoulder!!! I found the slim-line one on ebags and it worked GREAT!!!! I wore it the entire time I was at WDW...even on rides and it never bothered me! I got the red one...it's a really nice red, not too bright. It also comes in black and khaki!

Hey, thanks! I'm going to check it out!

So just to report back on my new LL Bean bag that I purchased. On the site it says that is an Ameribag bag so I assume that they are one and the same. For 19.99 you can't beat it. I love it. It has grippy things on the shoulder so that you can wear it and not have it slip off all of the time. The pockets on it are fabulous...I just keep finding more and more. I am going to use it for when we travel, take day trips, go to dog training, etc. I highly recommend it. I hardly notice that I am wearing it! BTW, the small is plenty big.

Thanks for the information, I purchased a size small AmeriBag from LLBean today on sale for $19.99 :thumbsup2 I have their Visa card so shipping is free although we do have to pay the sales tax here in Maine.

I love my ameribag healthy bag backpack! It has been to WDW many times, NYC, WDC and I have a hard time changing out of it and returning to a regular purse. $19.99 is a great price for it. I know I paid around $45 a few years ago for this but I would have spent more that's how much I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter