Bad news

jklmw

Mouseketeer
My husband and I booked a honeymoon suite at the Poly, we have never stayed in a honeymoon suite, even on our honeymoon, we NEVER, ever get away alone, without our 3 kids and we are heading there NOW. We have been planning and planning, ready to go.......we are going to have a magical time......AND, this happens....
a call this morning, saying our suite is not available, due to mechanical issues.....
there are no other honeymoon suites available on property. They want to send us to contemporary, but its our least favorite deluxe......we actually really dislike it
I know there are bigger problems, then not getting our suite, but this opportunity probably will never come up again. I am so sad and want to cry. Trying to keep things in positive perspective. Has anyone experienced something wrong with resort room? What did Disney do? Please help, send magical vibes.....so disappointed.

I'm sorry this is happening. Is there another deluxe resort that you'd like to check out? Maybe you can request an alternate resort than the Contemporary.

Thank you so much...my husband said, they only have the contemporary. I am at a loss.

Really feel for you - when you've planned this special time together. Surely the mechanical issues have to be sorted? Offer you another room and some extra magic until they can move you in there? Sounds strange.

Did they offer any other options for you at the Poly? If not, what about AKL or WL? They are both gorgeous resorts that feel like a vacation within a vacation. Even if there are no honeymoon suites available, maybe there will be something comparable? I understand your disappointment and hope that Disney can come up with something that works for you guys. I'm so sorry that your original plan has suffered a glitch, though.

I just saw that there are no other options besides the Contemporary. I would press the issue and see if you can speak with someone higher up. At least this would be a way of just double checking to make sure that is your only option. And if it is your only option, I would not feel bad about asking what else they can do to make this right (as in gift cards, comped meals, special experience, or something else) since you would not have chosen to stay at the Contemporary on this trip.

So sorry for you. We also got a last minute call that our reservation at Boardwalk for a boardwalk view was not available due to leak issues. The reservation was changed to a pool/gardens view because that's all they had.

Agree with others, try to negotiate with them and see if they can compensate you anything.

ArwenMarie, curious to see if this situation happened to you before.? if so, how did Disney resolve it? If it hasn't happened to you before, reasonable for you and reasonable for me are obviously two different things. I hope in the future when you reserve what you want, you never have to find a reasonable alternative.

I have found that if you are getting an unsatisfactory answer, you just need to talk to a different cast member to get it made right. At Aulani, when we walked into our 3rd floor hotel room, I almost fainted from the Febreeze scent that was so strong it infiltrated me right down to my toenails! I knew we could not be in that room at any cost. It is not safe to huff Febreeze for a week! I called down and the guy said sorry, can't do anything. I told him I would be sick and he still said sorry, that's what we use in the rooms; they will all be like that. I said, "Thank you anyway. Have a great day!" and walked down to the front desk looking for a female so I could guarantee it wasn't the guy from the phone. She put us on a room on the 14th floor, which was a HUGE upgrade and had zero smell of anything! Talk about pixie dust!! So thankful! Same with hurricane Irma rebooking. Nothing was available anywhere so I just thanked her and got off the phone and decided to keep our plans. Till the next day when it became apparent we really needed to move the trip. I called back and the CM found a room but couldn't transfer our free dining. The next day I called back and it yielded someone who could get us a room and transfer our dining package. Worked with United too - unexpectedly and not even seeking it. We wanted a full refund on our United Flights due to Irma, but 5 people from United had said not possible, not in policy - could only get credit. The 6th call (to accept the credit), the United rep. offered us a full refund without us even asking. I think it just takes the right person so keep asking! Keep calling back!

Is the room at CR equal- is it a suite? Are you willing to downgrade to a club level room and get some other perks to equate with the value of the suite? I would call back and ask for alternatives and have a few ideas that you could run by them.

I agree to continue to negotiate, and ask to speak to a supervisor. While there may not be another "honeymoon suite" available anywhere but at the CR, are there other suites available which could be a reasonable substitute? Plus additional compensation in another way, like comped room service or dinner at V&A? Be polite but persistent until you find an alternative which is satisfactory to you.

Can you find out how long they anticipate the mechanical problem will take to repair? If within the time span you booked the honeymoon suite for they should comp your stay at the Contemporary and then move you over. If not in your stay's range stay at the Contemporary at a greatly reduced rate and in all likelihood you'll be showered with freebies. In general, hotels dislike disappointing their guests and will do much to make it better.
Take a deep breath, get there and here's hoping the pixie dust shower makes up the difference. Remember you still have "free" time away from the kiddos and at times that is priceless:).

ArwenMarie, curious to see if this situation happened to you before.? if so, how did Disney resolve it? If it hasn't happened to you before, reasonable for you and reasonable for me are obviously two different things. I hope in the future when you reserve what you want, you never have to find a reasonable alternative.

Yes, contemporary was a "reasonable" alternative.....monetary wise (I'm sure), still at a deluxe, still a suite......business and logistically, it's reasonable....personal wise, it's not PREFERABLE, but it's reasonable....

I would see what other options they have, don't keep your heart set on a "honeymoon" suite, there are many other types of suites on property, you could get a better deal on a better suite if you are able to work with the CM that is trying to help you, or even savings on a lesser room with different perks....

But just saying, the rooms and suites at the FS are AMAZING, and the atmosphere is second to none....

I called down and the guy said sorry, can't do anything.

That is because calling gets you to an offsite possibly out of state call center.

walked down to the front desk looking for a female so I could guarantee it wasn't the guy from the phone.

It was never going to be the same guy. Calling the "front desk" doesn't get you to the front desk or the building or on property or even in state.

Always always walk to the front desk. They can do soooo much more for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter