Bad idea to stay at Disney springs hotels with no car?

I'm surprised you are finding the Disney Springs hotels cheaper than the Disney values on site. Whenever I price them out, a Disney value is always cheaper.

I completely agree, especially with kids. Double especially when we add DDP. I'm not in any way trying to rekindle the "is the DDP worth it" debate, but if you are like us and love having DDP, then obviously an on-pro value is the way to go

Kind of :offtopic: but we missed a bus, scheduled an Uber : and she dropped us off at HS in No Time and right up front! There was even a car seat for my 3 yr old!

Totally worth it , a convenient option! And we only paid around $5. Loved it!

Most of the time I go solo and don't rent a car.
I prefer to stay onsite at a Value, but a few times, values were priced way high so I found a good alternative.
I have stayed several times at the Wyndham across the street from Disney springs.
The Wyndham & Wyndham Garden are connected.

I used Lyft to go to the parks in the AM & get back to the hotel at night. Only cost a few $$.

The only downside was that From the Magic Kingdom you had to go to TTC to get Lyft, uber or taxi

The rooms are really nice at the Wyndham. Staff were nice as well, they wear lanyards and pin trade too.
If you are a Wyndham member, they cut the resort fee in half.
On my last day my flight wasn't until 10p so they held my luggage & I spent all day at the parks.

It's easy to save points at Wyndhams, even the cheapest in the chain like Super 8, Baymont, Days Inn, Knights Inn & Howard Johnson, you still get 1000 points per night. With 3000 points you can book a "Go Fast" and get a cheaper rate. I booked 4 Go fast nights & my rate was $55 a night!

Now that you can get a Disney Springs bus from the parks after 4pm that works out even better!
I get the Disney Springs bus from the parks and walk over to the hotel.
If it was raining hard, I would use Lyft to get back to the hotel at night.

Wow, this is really good information as we are in beginning stages of planning our trip to the Big WDW.

I often stay at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort a few nights before checking into a Disney resort. We like to visit things outside of the parks too. This resort is just a few minute walk to many non - Disney restaurants. Its also only 10 minute walk to Disney Springs. They offer shuttle service to the parks - Disney and Shopping destinations. Great place to stay without needing a car.

http://www.lakebuenavistaresorthotel.com/our-hotel/transportation

Rates here are pretty low. The resort offers a pool, couple of gift shops, arcade, couple of restaurants and very large clean rooms. I love it here! I usually pay approx $85 - $100/night depending on the time of year I go. Just keep in mind there is a $13/night resort fee.

I often stay at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort a few nights before checking into a Disney resort. We like to visit things outside of the parks too. This resort is just a few minute walk to many non - Disney restaurants. Its also only 10 minute walk to Disney Springs. They offer shuttle service to the parks - Disney and Shopping destinations. Great place to stay without needing a car.

http://www.lakebuenavistaresorthotel.com/our-hotel/transportation

Rates here are pretty low. The resort offers a pool, couple of gift shops, arcade, couple of restaurants and very large clean rooms. I love it here! I usually pay approx $85 - $100/night depending on the time of year I go. Just keep in mind there is a $13/night resort fee.

Would 5 nights be too long to stay here? We're thinking of going over Easter break because we have AP's and since we didn't use our built in snow days we have enough days off to go. We're taking a big trip this summer with a lot of family so I'm trying to keep the price down on this one. The rate here including the resort fee is about $260 less total than the cheapest value. I've just never been or even seen it so I'm a little hesitant. We're not very picky when it comes to hotels. Also do you think we'd need to rent a car?

Would 5 nights be too long to stay here? We're thinking of going over Easter break because we have AP's and since we didn't use our built in snow days we have enough days off to go. We're taking a big trip this summer with a lot of family so I'm trying to keep the price down on this one. The rate here including the resort fee is about $260 less total than the cheapest value. I've just never been or even seen it so I'm a little hesitant. We're not very picky when it comes to hotels. Also do you think we'd need to rent a car?

I personally love it. I stayed one night years ago as my flight was arriving late and I didnt want to spend the $450+ on the Poly arriving so late. I got Best Western blindly on priceline for about $55 !! I read reviews and got very scared! Bed bugs, dirty rooms, broken everything etc... I kept telling myself it will only be one night and we will leave first thing in the morning for the Polynesian!

We got there around 9pm and literally opened the door to drop our bags and saw fireworks outside the sliding glass doors. We opened the doors to the balcony, watched the Epcot fireworks, turned around and went out to dinner. Never looked at the room, never even turned the lights on!

We got back to the room at 10:30-ish and went right to bed. The only thing I noticed then was that the room was very large (and we got a regaulr room..no suite or anything) The next morning I got up early as usual and got ready for the day. My husband and daughter were still sleeping, so I decided to walk around the property a bit to look around. Beautiful! Nice quiet large pool, pool bar, a grab N go station, full restaurant, Disney gift shop, Hotel (Florida items) gift shop, an arcade, concierge desk, clean grounds, nice landscape etc.... Really nice and clean.

I went back to the room and started looking around the room for the things people mentioned in their reviews. I found nothing. Bathroom was very large and clean, room carpet clean, TV works, mini fridge worked, I didnt try to coffee maker, but it looked normal! I then started thinking if I knew this place was going to be this decent, I could have saved myself a lot of money and stayed there a few more nights, rather then the 10 I booked at the Poly! Instead of leaving first thing in the morning, we stayed until checkout and went swimming in the pool that morning! We were in no rush to leave!

So...needless to say, Ive gone back every trip for a couple - few nights prior to checking into a Disney resort. The shuttles run every 15 minutes to the parks and Disney Springs. Minutes walk to a bunch of chain restaurants, pizza places, and some mom and pop local restaurants. There are plenty of families there who spend the week. Im going back next month for 4 nights.

I no longer priceline it because priceline is not guaranteed to get it and I dont want to risk not getting this resort, but the price is decent without having to use priceline. I also google promo codes or use the AAA discount. Ive also stayed at Bonnet Creek (very large resort, nice but the BW is so small, everything in the hotel is convenient to get to, plus the location is much better) and Ive stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek, another nice hotel, but I like the location and smaller size of the BW. Rooms are larger too and balconies!

If you are only going to Disney/Disney Springs/local shopping/restaurants places (there are plenty), you absolutely do not need a car. I do get a car because we go to SeaWorld/the old Wet N Wild and a few IDrive places as well (and back and forth from the airport). I only use the car to go to those places during the day. When Im back at the resort, we use the shuttles or walk to our meals. Never used the car for anything Disney related or meals.

Ill bet this resort is closer to Disney parks than the cheapest value too! Its just a minute from the water parks and Port Orleans resorts are at the end of the street. Its literally in Disney Springs.

I no longer priceline it because priceline is not guaranteed to get it and I dont want to risk not getting this resort, but the price is decent without having to use priceline. I also google promo codes or use the AAA discount.

The Best Western Lake Buena Vista frequently offers discounts via the Disney Springs Hotels Marketing website. I'd add that to your list of sites to check: http://disneyspringshotels.com/

I personally love it. I stayed one night years ago as my flight was arriving late and I didnt want to spend the $450+ on the Poly arriving so late. I got Best Western blindly on priceline for about $55 !! I read reviews and got very scared! Bed bugs, dirty rooms, broken everything etc... I kept telling myself it will only be one night and we will leave first thing in the morning for the Polynesian!

We got there around 9pm and literally opened the door to drop our bags and saw fireworks outside the sliding glass doors. We opened the doors to the balcony, watched the Epcot fireworks, turned around and went out to dinner. Never looked at the room, never even turned the lights on!

We got back to the room at 10:30-ish and went right to bed. The only thing I noticed then was that the room was very large (and we got a regaulr room..no suite or anything) The next morning I got up early as usual and got ready for the day. My husband and daughter were still sleeping, so I decided to walk around the property a bit to look around. Beautiful! Nice quiet large pool, pool bar, a grab N go station, full restaurant, Disney gift shop, Hotel (Florida items) gift shop, an arcade, concierge desk, clean grounds, nice landscape etc.... Really nice and clean.

I went back to the room and started looking around the room for the things people mentioned in their reviews. I found nothing. Bathroom was very large and clean, room carpet clean, TV works, mini fridge worked, I didnt try to coffee maker, but it looked normal! I then started thinking if I knew this place was going to be this decent, I could have saved myself a lot of money and stayed there a few more nights, rather then the 10 I booked at the Poly! Instead of leaving first thing in the morning, we stayed until checkout and went swimming in the pool that morning! We were in no rush to leave!

So...needless to say, Ive gone back every trip for a couple - few nights prior to checking into a Disney resort. The shuttles run every 15 minutes to the parks and Disney Springs. Minutes walk to a bunch of chain restaurants, pizza places, and some mom and pop local restaurants. There are plenty of families there who spend the week. Im going back next month for 4 nights.

I no longer priceline it because priceline is not guaranteed to get it and I dont want to risk not getting this resort, but the price is decent without having to use priceline. I also google promo codes or use the AAA discount. Ive also stayed at Bonnet Creek (very large resort, nice but the BW is so small, everything in the hotel is convenient to get to, plus the location is much better) and Ive stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek, another nice hotel, but I like the location and smaller size of the BW. Rooms are larger too and balconies!

If you are only going to Disney/Disney Springs/local shopping/restaurants places (there are plenty), you absolutely do not need a car. I do get a car because we go to SeaWorld/the old Wet N Wild and a few IDrive places as well (and back and forth from the airport). I only use the car to go to those places during the day. When Im back at the resort, we use the shuttles or walk to our meals. Never used the car for anything Disney related or meals.

Ill bet this resort is closer to Disney parks than the cheapest value too! Its just a minute from the water parks and Port Orleans resorts are at the end of the street. Its literally in Disney Springs.

Thank you so much! This post was extremely helpful. I feel much better booking there now. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed post.

Thank you so much! This post was extremely helpful. I feel much better booking there now. Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed post.

Here is a map....on the first picture, the hotel is at the bottom left of the map. Second picture, the hotel is at top right. Sorry for the ugly writing! I guess Im the world's worst writer with a mouse!!

upload_2017-2-26_12-24-33.png

upload_2017-2-26_12-20-22.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter