Back! Quick review.

OrlandoMagic

DIS Veteran
Well, after nearly a years planning and saving for our holiday, we are back and I am suffering from both post holiday depression and jet lag! :sad2: Feel absolutely gutted to be back but I suppose all good things must come to an end!

I am hoping to do a trip report if I get round to it but for now I thought I would post some of the goods and not-so-goods of our holiday.

Highlights :)

We were upgraded from a studio room to a one bed villa at SSR. It was beautiful, huge bed, Jacuzzi tub, and lovely view from the balcony. Was so impressed as we already got the 42% discount and free DDP offer!!!

Portofino Bay, such a beautiful resort, and for what we paid it was certainly the bargain of the holiday!

Discovery Cove, had an even better time than we did last year! Great weather and so much fun.

Tutto Italia & Reglan Road, our two favourite restaurants and really the only two we fully enjoyed on the DDP.

Halloween Horror Nights – Wow!

Manta at Seaworld, what a great coaster! Now my second favourite, after Shikra.

Lowlights :sad1:

Whilst at our one night stay at Four Points on I-Drive, the staff there managed to loose a small bag we had that contained our DC photos and a gift for my Mum. This was so upsetting and happened on our last day, just a few hours before we had to leave for the airport! We are in contact with them now about hopefully sorting out replacements.

Rip Ride Rockit at Universal. What a big disappointment! The ride shook us about and overall had little thrill factor!

The size of SSR, much larger than we imagined and as we were not driving it stopped us exploring the resort as much as we had wanted to. Also as we were staying in the Carousel section, is was quite a distance to DTD.

Overall we had a great holiday, just can’t believe it’s all over now! Well that’s it for now, as I said I will try to right a trip report up but can’t promise anything!

If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

:thumbsup2

Welcome home Simon. Congrats on the upgrade.
We also enjoyed Tutto Itallia, after reading a lot of mixed reveiws we almost didn't go but glad we did.

Sounds like you had a great time, shame about the bag though.

Did you eat at SSR at all and what were the food choices like ? Thanks.

Sounds like you had a great time, shame about the bag though.

Did you eat at SSR at all and what were the food choices like ? Thanks.

Didn't get round to eating at SSR, if we had been there more than a week we would have tried to fit it in.

Also forgot to say we loved the Yak & Yeti too!

Welcome back Simon. Tutto Italia is one of our favourite restaurants too .. the Tiramisu is DELISH !!! :)

Welcome home.

You're the second person who has said that they were disappointed by HRRR - and DD and me are so looking forward to this one.

Hopefully if it is as bad as some are saying we will make up for it on Manta

Welcome back Simon - even though you wish you were still there! :)

Nice review, sad to hear that HRRR wasn't upto much. It's been hyped up so much though, I do wonder if that's been the problem. Also, did you feel 100% secure in the cart whilst on it? I've seen videos and I'm not sure about it!

Welcome back Simon - even though you wish you were still there! :)

Nice review, sad to hear that HRRR wasn't upto much. It's been hyped up so much though, I do wonder if that's been the problem. Also, did you feel 100% secure in the cart whilst on it? I've seen videos and I'm not sure about it!

I think the main problem is that the ride was not smooth at all. I have heard that one of the trains they are using is a lot rougher than the others and as we only got the chance to ride it once it could be that we were unlucky and got the rough train.

oh we are staying in SSR next week I am so excited

I think the main problem is that the ride was not smooth at all. I have heard that one of the trains they are using is a lot rougher than the others and as we only got the chance to ride it once it could be that we were unlucky and got the rough train.

When we rode on the 2nd day of opening I found it smooth whilst my wife found it to be the roughest ride ever - even worse than Space Mountain at DLP! Guess you can't please everyone.

This was my experience too. I thought the inclusion of music was a bit pointless- it didn't add anything to the ride and I think it's a gimmick that people will soon get bored of. I assume that they will change the songs every now and again, otherwise I'd worry about the longevity of the ride.

we only went to universal for the horror nights so by the time 7pm came around it was already closed, although from what people have been saying we didn't miss much.
shame really as i had been looking forward to it when i saw it being built last year

Oh that doesn't fill me with confidence :lmao: Maybe it's one I'll have to wait and get a proper look at it before deciding to ride.

Thanks for the info though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter