Back from our 1st Poly trip May 13-20

MickaMaizie

Maizie and Hailey are my Disney Princesses
We had a great trip! We got a two car upgrade on our rental car, and then when we checked into the Poly they upgraded us to lagoon view! :cool1: We loved the resort, great theming and very relaxing. Volcano pool was a little small and I didn't like that it was so shallow, but DD(4) loved it which is really all that matters. She also loved the beach and hunting for shells. We had the dining plan and loved it! It was nice to not have to worry about how much you're spending for dinner or lunch. You just order whatever you feel like eating. I think I put on 8 pounds, but it was worth it. Our favorite place to eat was LTT and CRT, both for dinner. We didn't have a bad dining experience. Now I can't wait to go back! Any questions?
:jumping1:

MickaMaizie said:
We had a great trip! We got a two car upgrade on our rental car, and then when we checked into the Poly they upgraded us to lagoon view! :cool1: We loved the resort, great theming and very relaxing. Volcano pool was a little small and I didn't like that it was so shallow, but DD(4) loved it which is really all that matters. She also loved the beach and hunting for shells. We had the dining plan and loved it! It was nice to not have to worry about how much you're spending for dinner or lunch. You just order whatever you feel like eating. I think I put on 8 pounds, but it was worth it. Our favorite place to eat was LTT and CRT, both for dinner. We didn't have a bad dining experience. Now I can't wait to go back! Any questions?
:jumping1:

Nice, did you get the upgrade on the room for free. How does that happen, they just decide to do that or you ask for it? Curious, i read that happens a lot especially at AKL. We are going probably may 06 to AKL, want to know if i should get a standard and hope for the upgrade.

I've never been upgraded at Poly, I think it is just pixie dust...I am so happy to hear you had a great trip, congrats on the upgrade! :wizard:

Glad you had a great time..we stayed at the Poly in 2001 and liked it too!
Same question, do you ask at the desk for an upgrade when you arrive, or do you just get suprised? Aand do you say...."can we get upgraded if you have any available? nicely of course...just wondering how to do it on our next trip which will hopefully be in July or Aug. 2006. We just got back from BC in early May, miss it already!

We didn't ask for an upgrade when we were there 2 weeks ago. We got there early, 9:30 in the morning. He said I have an awesome room ready right now! But first he asked us if it was our first time to the Poly and we said yes. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Anyway we got 1st floor lagoon view. It was beautiful!

We checked in about 10:00. I didn't ask for the upgrade, they just gave it to us. She was looking up our reservation, and she read it out loud when it came up. I paused for a second, wondering if I heard her wrong when she said lagoon view. I asked her if that was correct, and she said yes they gave you an upgrade. Also, the room was ready for us to check in too. Needless to say, that was a great way to start our Disney vacation! :teeth:

Congrats on the upgade. I'll be at the Poly in December and would love to get an upgrade but I know that they are very rare.

I was wondering did you request a certain longhouse before you got there? I wonder if you don't make any requests before you arrive maybe this increases your chance of being upgaded? Just a thought

Also, Which longhouse you were in? :goodvibes

Am curious to know this as well. Did you request a certain longhouse, make any special requests, etc. when you made your reservation.

Congrats on the upgrade...we are Poly 1st timers this July! Can't wait!

BANNISTER and heather360

I did make a request for a non-smoking room in Tokelau building. We ended up in Tahiti with the lagoon view. I didn't fax the request. I made it when I was making the reservation. I really don't think it was anything we did personally we just got lucky with an upgrade. I was also surprise with being in Tahiti because I had read on Deb's website that Tahiti was to be closed for renovations.

You'll both love the Poly!

waynedavis703 said:
Nice, did you get the upgrade on the room for free. How does that happen, they just decide to do that or you ask for it? Curious, i read that happens a lot especially at AKL. We are going probably may 06 to AKL, want to know if i should get a standard and hope for the upgrade.

Don't count on an upgrade at AKL. I also had heard so much about free upgrades at AKL so we booked standard just thinking we may get the same pixie dust. We didn't. We got a standard room over-looking rooftops. There is a thread about this toward the top of the resort board. Book what you think you'll be happy with is all I can say. We learned a lesson but luckily for us, they did have availabilty with a savanna view and we changed rooms straight away.

MickaMaizie~Glad to hear you had such a great experience at the Poly! Do you recall how shallow the pool was at the deepest part? We want to try Poly next April, I think my girls would love the Volcano pool!

Glad yo had a good trip. I agree that the Volcano pool is a little small, though I do like the slide, which is good for older kids and adults. :teeth:

MickaMaizie~Glad to hear you had such a great experience at the Poly! Do you recall how shallow the pool was at the deepest part? We want to try Poly next April, I think my girls would love the Volcano pool!

I think the deepest the pool got was a little over 4 feet, but the quiet pool did have a deep end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!