Back from HH

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
Just back from a four-night stay at HH. The weather was perfect for two days and the other days were overcast and cooler - but still not too bad. They had received rain (thanks to Tammy) prior to our arrival and there was still alot of water standing around the resort. It stormed one night while we were there and evidently they received lots more rain - so much the campfire area was all underwater! All the CMs we encountered were very nice and a few were exceptional (sorry I can't remember their names). Check in went fine, two CMs had little ribbons saying they were "earning their ears" and several in recreation had the ribbons too! From what I gathered, they had just recently moved from one position within the resort to another. One very nice guy talked of his "Internship" where he was learning all the positions within the resort. Anyway, we have always had 1BR units at HH and have always been in the main lodge or the building attached to it. This time we received villa 1812. We were happy to get an building a little closer to the pool & community hall. The villa was fine, only a few nicks here and there and a few places where they appeared to have patched the walls in white, yet forgotten to paint back over it in the right color. Neither of these affected our stay at all and certainly didn't distract from the overall condition of the room. The activities offered were what we've come to expect with maybe a few more offerings by the naturalist that what I've remembered in the past. Our only problem was that most of what interested our group was offered from Weds - Sat. and we were leaving on Wednesday. The kids were disappointed, but got over it by swimming, biking, and just relaxing. We did do the campfire, Shark discussion, and one other activity (I just can't remember) and they were all great.

Our room was under a Grand Villa and now I know what some of you have said about being under those units. It was really loud!!!! We only noticed it at night and in the morning when we were trying to sleep but it really sounded like a herd of elephants above us. We never heard voices or televisions, but lots of really loud footsteps! We knew it wasn't intentional by those above us, but a design/soundproofing issue. We had a marsh view and enjoyed watching the water foul and an occasional fishing boat from our balcony.

Overall, it was a nice, relaxing trip. I only wish we could have stayed longer! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks so much for your comments about being under a GV. We also have always been in 1 BRs in the lodge or the building attached, and we've wondered what it would be like to be in another building. We always request "upper floor" so hopefully we'll continue where we've been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter