Babysit? Why not it’s Disney....

sheri18

DIS Veteran
Hi all...let me tell you how I’m going to Disney World..again...went with 2 of my DS and in January...great time....in July we had friends getting married.....actually they were eloping and we crashed the wedding....hey don’t judge..it was Disney...

and this trip next week...well ...I wasn’t supposed to be going ....DS1 and his wife are going to Orlando for work...and asked me if I could babysit the grands....well my thought was ....
SURE if we go and I watch them there....

now I could tell by DS face..that was not the plan....it was a trip for 2..not 5....so at first he said ahhh...no...not the plan.

and I said ...shamelessly..well if you want me to babysit...so that’s how this started...

I know, i know...not very nice on grandmas part...but hey. Like I said it’s Disney..I’ll use any excuse..and blackmail all..lol. Up next. The cast of characters...

so 5 days till we leave for the happiest place on earth...
so time for the intro..BA553976-DEF1-47E9-A5E0-A386AA519B99.jpegthis was us in July...this trip it will be my DS, DIL and 2 grands..C and M..the older 2 girls K and R are sadly not coming with us.....their mom wouldn’t agree to let them join...again..in January they weren’t allowed either..which is so sad for us.....other than us not going..we do the best.

Well to say this trip came together fast is an understatement ...as I said DS and DIL are going for work. And we are tagging along...
staying at The Swan this time....
when I first mentioned to my DH who is sadly not a Disney fa and doesn’t come on our trips with us...he said...and I quote...
you are going again....the third time this year...
my response...oh ...”I don’t have to go...we can watch the kids here at home...bring them back and forth to school..soccer..flag football ect...
he then says.....oh. Okay. Go..have fun...new that would work..lol

646EBB8E-1B4E-4912-804F-86548F12D1A1.jpeg

we literally just got our hotel room last week, the Swan and Dolphin were completely booked...DS had his room booked there for a few months...so we they were forced...I mean decided to take us the race was on to find an room...we fi if a room didn’t become available we would have to switch to an off site...but we really did not want to do that.

the days they are at work, I’ll be by myself with them, so the ease of walking to 2 parks for us is key...

we kept trying...and yay ..finally got a second room..

for us 2 last minute trips in 3 months is a lot. We are planners...already booked for January..but some times not planning is actually okay too.

having AP’s is certainly a plus...if we did not have these..I wouldn’t be going so thankful for that..

trying to get ADR’s less than 3 weeks out is very difficult...we have a few..

one we have is California Grill...we were so excited to get this..but then realized the menu is now a pre fix for the 50th anniversary....so not sure if we will keep this..we were looking fo to watching the fireworks 💥
4A5EEC5F-5F23-46E5-A935-27D16F7333FA.jpegEC661461-1CB9-4790-81EB-73C078A74F5B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter