Baby on lap?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
This is the first time we will have ever taken a baby with us on a trip.
Our youngest DD will be 10 months old in September, by this time she will be sitting up on her own but I'm wondering if there are rides where we can have her on our lap or if she MUST be sitting on her own?

Our last trip 2 years ago our eldest DD was 19 months old and she was fine on everything sitting by herself, but the 10 month old might need us to hold her on some (teacups)

This is the first time we will have ever taken a baby with us on a trip.
Our youngest DD will be 10 months old in September, by this time she will be sitting up on her own but I'm wondering if there are rides where we can have her on our lap or if she MUST be sitting on her own?

Our last trip 2 years ago our eldest DD was 19 months old and she was fine on everything sitting by herself, but the 10 month old might need us to hold her on some (teacups)
couple of years ago granddaughter who was 4 months at the time rode just about everything without a height requirement on daughter's lap but even in a carrier had to be under the lap bar where there was one

I took my then 10 month old son in 2016 and he rode on my lap or in a baby carrier on every ride. The cms did not require him to sit on his own.

Fantastic thankyou. I figured it would be ok as long as they are under the lapbars but you never know...

Our 15 month old was on laps for any ride that did not have a height restriction. The only one I found odd was Toy Story, there was a lot of quick whipping around and she couldnt really fit under the lap bar, but more between hubby and I. I would skip that with a 10 month old.

Our 15 month old was on laps for any ride that did not have a height restriction. The only one I found odd was Toy Story, there was a lot of quick whipping around and she couldnt really fit under the lap bar, but more between hubby and I. I would skip that with a 10 month old.
Yes we are familiar with this. Our 19 month old was in between us and it was a bit rough. No way would I do it with the 10 month old. We will be doing rider swap for this one.

My daughter was 12 months and on my lap for teacups and they said she couldn’t be on my lap - I hugged her tightly next to me and it was great!

We’ve gone a few times with babies of various ages and we’ve never had a problem with lap riding. DW always used a carrier when on the rides and if it was my turn I just held them. We’ve had a baby on just about every ride without a height restriction. It is possible that different CMs might have different reactions to it. As they say, YMMV.

Yes we are familiar with this. Our 19 month old was in between us and it was a bit rough. No way would I do it with the 10 month old. We will be doing rider swap for this one.
Hmmm... I'm not sure if they'll do a rider swap for it as there's no height requirement. Really plenty of 10 month olds go on it, but if you def. want the older one to ride, but not the younger one; I'd do some research before you go to make sure you know what to expect. When we went with my then 2 month old, I didn't feel comfortable with her riding due to her being so young/little and the whipping and asked for a rider swap, but was told they didn't do rider swap for it - not a big deal for us, I just didn't ride, but just wanted you to be prepared.

I remember them stopping Dumbo once because my then 11 month old was on my lap. She had to sit on the seat... again not a big deal, but I'm not sure what the cutoff is for them, as I know when she was 2 months I held her, so I'd just be prepared to have her sit next to you in case.

Hmmm... I'm not sure if they'll do a rider swap for it as there's no height requirement. Really plenty of 10 month olds go on it, but if you def. want the older one to ride, but not the younger one; I'd do some research before you go to make sure you know what to expect. When we went with my then 2 month old, I didn't feel comfortable with her riding due to her being so young/little and the whipping and asked for a rider swap, but was told they didn't do rider swap for it - not a big deal for us, I just didn't ride, but just wanted you to be prepared.

I remember them stopping Dumbo once because my then 11 month old was on my lap. She had to sit on the seat... again not a big deal, but I'm not sure what the cutoff is for them, as I know when she was 2 months I held her, so I'd just be prepared to have her sit next to you in case.

Interesting. I’ve ridden Dumbo twice, a year and a half apart, with my kid on my lap. We wouldn’t all fit if he had to sit in the seat, otherwise, he preferred to sit on his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter