Baby Care Centers max age

Feberin

DIS Veteran
Is my two year old considered too old for them? He'll be 25 months if that matters. We're going with my Dad and there will be times my Dad needs to watch him while we go on rides with older kids. An enclosed area would be easier for him. But I also don't want my son to be a nuisance if it's mostly just tint babies.

Is my two year old considered too old for them? He'll be 25 months if that matters. We're going with my Dad and there will be times my Dad needs to watch him while we go on rides with older kids. An enclosed area would be easier for him. But I also don't want my son to be a nuisance if it's mostly just tint babies.
the baby care centers are not really set up as a play area with toys. yes you can sit rest but they do not have a big space for a toddler to play or run around in. he is not too old but it is not set up as a play area more of a break from everything area. strollers are not allowed in and have to be parked outside;. not sure any of play areas will be of help for your dad and son

Well there are no toys but there is a room with a TV playing Disney movies, books, coloring pages that might be good for your dad and your son. He is not at all too big

Well there are no toys but there is a room with a TV playing Disney movies, books, coloring pages that might be good for your dad and your son. He is not at all too big

Is this the case with all of them? Do they all have tvs?

The bathrooms in the baby care centers have toddler sized seats. You’ll see lots of parents bringing 3/4 year olds in to use those restrooms (for kids who aren’t as comfortable on a typical sized seat yet.) When my daughter was 3 and just potty trained, we took her to the bathroom in the baby centers when it was convenient since they have the toddler seat attachment. We used them for my 3 year old on our most recent trip a month ago when it was convenient also. Much more comfortable for little ones than the huge toilets!

As someone else mentioned, there is a small area with a TV and usually some coloring pages & books. Your child would not be too old to take a break in there.

Last edited:
I used one for our 26 month old DD a few days ago. Like someone else said, it isn't a play area. I ran out of diaper wipes, so they had those and a clean nice area for changing etc. Have a great trip

I used them when my younger one was 23 months since he was still nursing. It was nice to get out of the crowds and have a peaceful, quiet place and a comfortable chair to sit back and nurse him.

Just used it a few times past trip to change diapers a few time with a 22 month old. Bathrooms had long lines for changing stations.

If you're looking for a spot for him to take a break while you ride rides, you might be better off just staying together and having him keep him in a stroller and walk around shops near the big ride. My kids are pretty spaced out and we've had to take turns riding with the older ones, and the person who had the little one kept her in a stroller and walked through shops or found a place to sit and share a snack. You can easily kill an hour near each ride looking around. If you're concerned about your child running from your dad, I'd definitely opt for just keeping him in the stroller. I can't think of any place that is closed off for toddlers.

It is fine to take your son to the Baby Care Centers at that age. While they all have televisions and a place to sit, some of them are really small (I'm looking at you DHS and MK- MK isn't super small but it is often crowded). Epcot is about the same size as MK but doesn't ever seem to be as crowded at least in my experience. For what you are talking about, I would only do that at AK. They have a fairly decent sized room with a tv showing Disney movies, coloring sheets, etc.

He is not too old. We used them for our 3yo & 4yo when there was anxiety of the automatic flushes and hand dryers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter