Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

....hey....Disney Nite tonight on the DestinationAmerica channel, starting at 7PM, EST....check your local listings.

I think I've seen most of those. I so need a Disney fix.
....me too.....remember how I said that I'd won those PH passes or WDW and we were thinking of going this spring? Well, it's been put on the back-burner since we signed a contract to accept an offer, so now we have to look for a place....what with doing that and packing and moving, it doesn't look like it's in the cards for us....not right now, anyhoo...

....me too.....remember how I said that I'd won those PH passes or WDW and we were thinking of going this spring? Well, it's been put on the back-burner since we signed a contract to accept an offer, so now we have to look for a place....what with doing that and packing and moving, it doesn't look like it's in the cards for us....not right now, anyhoo...

*sigh*

Real life is hard.

But on the plus side....congrats on selling! Here's to a great brand new home.

....thanks, but here's the thing: the offer wasn't all that great, but, given some circumstances regarding our home, a low offer is better than none.....also, we don't plan on buying a 'move-in ready' house, but a real fixer-upper, so there's that extra stress and headache.....

....me too.....remember how I said that I'd won those PH passes or WDW and we were thinking of going this spring? Well, it's been put on the back-burner ............... it doesn't look like it's in the cards for us....not right now, anyhoo...

I feel your pain. I've got two PH's and a Memory Maker package sitting in my MDE account and no ability to take a trip in the foreseeable future..... (never mind that resort rates just took a HUGE jump up.... Very very likely that if we do ever get to go back, I'll be looking at off-property resorts. There's just not enough "perks", for us, to make it worth the cost to stay there anymore).

I feel your pain. I've got two PH's and a Memory Maker package sitting in my MDE account and no ability to take a trip in the foreseeable future..... (never mind that resort rates just took a HUGE jump up.... Very very likely that if we do ever get to go back, I'll be looking at off-property resorts. There's just not enough "perks", for us, to make it worth the cost to stay there anymore).

....the 17 saddest words in the English language....:sad:

I honestly feel they are pricing themselves out of reach for so many people. Yes, they will continue to pack the parks and yes, there will continue to be AP holders who return again and again. But I see more and more families, if they can go at all, being in the "once in a lifetime" category than before. Our kids are very fortunate, they've been three times as kids. I had hoped to put together one more last hurrah before they're grown up and moved out, but doing it as cheaply as I possibly can (and all of us Disney "vets" know how to never pay full price for anything!!), it would cost me in the neighborhood of $4k.... By the time I was able to save that kind of money for a vacation, the kids will be grown up and moved out!!! :guilty: (just by way of example, DH and I were looking at a room at Pop last year and during Value season could get it for less than $100 night. Same room, same season, now about $135...... Are you kidding me??! We used to pay $150 for a Mod!!!!!)

I've noticed some amazing off property deals, very nice hotels and closeby. :daisy:

It's going to be a long time before I head back to WDW. :(

I hope it's not too, too long. In the meantime, we'll enjoy your amazing photography. :goodvibes

....same here....although.......

Ok, is the although a hint?
Here's hoping your move goes well, and you get settled soon. :goodvibes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't remember if I've talked to you all about this before, but dh has a couple of serious neurological diseases. Have more than one isn't good, but on the other hand, he has been kind of atypical through this...slow progression. That is hugely good news, and fingers crossed it continues that way.
We are planning a spring and a fall trip to WDW this year. That's very unusual for us, but we will have AP's and since he's doing pretty well we wanted to go now.

Next year we plan to retire and move, so moving will be more than enough fun and games for us in 2017.

You guys have given me a smile and a laugh many times when I've needed it. Life goes on, and we will continue to be optimistic.
I so appreciate you guys letting me join along and chat here. :grouphug:

I've noticed some amazing off property deals, very nice hotels and closeby. :daisy:

I hope it's not too, too long. In the meantime, we'll enjoy your amazing photography. :goodvibes

Ok, is the although a hint?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't remember if I've talked to you all about this before, but dh has a couple of serious neurological diseases. Have more than one isn't good, but on the other hand, he has been kind of atypical through this...slow progression. That is hugely good news, and fingers crossed it continues that way.
We are planning a spring and a fall trip to WDW this year. That's very unusual for us, but we will have AP's and since he's doing pretty well we wanted to go now.

Next year we plan to retire and move, so moving will be more than enough fun and games for us in 2017.

You guys have given me a smile and a laugh many times when I've needed it. Life goes on, and we will continue to be optimistic.

You are wonderful to have here!! I love that we have such a variety of backgrounds, life experiences, etc.. Please continue to stop by and chat whenever you can! :hyper2:

I hope that DH is stable!! :hug:

Hope you'll continue to stop by and keep us updated.

...not likely....we don't have a place to go to and the tentative date for the closing is March 18, or thereabouts....and, since my DH is in construction, we are really looking for a fixer-upper [of course, at a reduced cost] which will have to be renovated...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter