B2B Same Room - Not

Colo17

Mouseketeer
Had B2B booked (with FCC from previous cancelled cruises) with balcony guarantees. Disney folks told our TA that they would try to book us in same room. When we got the first room assignment we checked the room and it was available for the second cruise. Stayed open for over a week, when Disney made assignments for second cruise. They moved us to another cabin and stuck someone else in the room we have for the first cruise. There are at least six rooms currently available on the same deck and area for both cruises, but Disney won't use them for us.

Of course guarantees mean they can put you in any available cabin, but with a half-empty ship you would think that they would reduce moves as much as possible to protect their staff. Or, like some other cruise lines, leave a cabin vacant between cruises.

Positive note - two different room attendants get additional tips instead of one. While we normally get the same room for both cruises we have also moved to a different cabin so not that big a deal. Just silly in this case.

Had B2B booked (with FCC from previous cancelled cruises) with balcony guarantees. Disney folks told our TA that they would try to book us in same room. When we got the first room assignment we checked the room and it was available for the second cruise. Stayed open for over a week, when Disney made assignments for second cruise. They moved us to another cabin and stuck someone else in the room we have for the first cruise. There are at least six rooms currently available on the same deck and area for both cruises, but Disney won't use them for us.

Of course guarantees mean they can put you in any available cabin, but with a half-empty ship you would think that they would reduce moves as much as possible to protect their staff. Or, like some other cruise lines, leave a cabin vacant between cruises.

Positive note - two different room attendants get additional tips instead of one. While we normally get the same room for both cruises we have also moved to a different cabin so not that big a deal. Just silly in this case.

This just happened to me too. We sail the first week of February. I sent an email through the contact form requesting they place us in the same room. I didn’t hear anything for 2 days, so I called. The person I spoke with had to get approval from the dept that does the assigning, but he fixed it. Same room for both sailings. He said if you book online they won’t know it’s back to back so we need to call as soon as we book so they can add something indicating b2b.

THEN I got an email response a few days later. The CM pretty much said, “tough luck - you booked a GTY.” Truly don’t understand that mentality at ALL when the ships are practically empty and they need people to sail. My advice is to try calling first thing in the morning and stating your case. You may get lucky.

Kind of wonder if your TA was fibbing when they claimed “Disney said” they would try to get you in the same room. That is now how a guaranteed rate works. They are going to assign it based on what makes most sense for stateroom host and muster drill assignments.

Plus if they allowed room requests for discounted GT rates, what would be the incentive for guests to pay extra to choose their room? That would be like letting a guest book an oceanview but “request” a balcony. You get what you book.

If you need to move, DCL will get your stuff to the next room. We had to pack things up (of course) but anything on hangers they took to the new room and hung up. It's not ideal, but also not terrible.

I would inquire once at the port. It seems to me that there may be luck with finding a stateroom that would be open for both cruises.
We just upgraded at the port last Friday and there seemed to be lots of options.

THEN I got an email response a few days later. The CM pretty much said, “tough luck - you booked a GTY.” Truly don’t understand that mentality at ALL when the ships are practically empty and they need people to sail.
Someone or their TA may have booked that cabin for the 2nd sailing, prior to or shortly after, you got your GTY cabin assignment. Which means that would make another guest upset if they moved them when they booked a specific cabin at the higher price.

Someone or their TA may have booked that cabin for the 2nd sailing, prior to or shortly after, you got your GTY cabin assignment. Which means that would make another guest upset if they moved them when they booked a specific cabin at the higher price.

nope. It was empty. The first cruise was assigned on a Tuesday. I was excited when I checked that the room was also available on the next cruise. When when they finally assigned it on Wednesday, they put us elsewhere - even though the original room was still available. When I called, they kept us in the same (original) room for both cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter