B2B Question

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
Do I need to specifically tell DCL that I am doing a B2B? I did book with a TA so I’m assuming it’s all set but I just wanted to hear personal experience. We would really like to keep the same waitstaff for both cruises, does Disney automatically do this or do I need to make that request myself?

Do I need to specifically tell DCL that I am doing a B2B? I did book with a TA so I’m assuming it’s all set but I just wanted to hear personal experience. We would really like to keep the same waitstaff for both cruises, does Disney automatically do this or do I need to make that request myself?
No, they'll be aware that you are booked on back-to-back cruises.

When we have done B2Bs we kept the same waitstaff for both cruises. In fact, we kept the same table if I remember right. I do think we mentioned it when calling DCL to make our requests, but it probably isn't 100% necessary to do that.

In our two B2B experiences, the head waiter came around a few nights before the end of the first cruise to ask if we wanted to keep the same table and wait staff.

Unless they assign hosts to new staterooms between both cruises, you will keep the same host if you stay in the same room.

You do not need to do anything. The Mouse knows everything…

As others have said, we also never have had to alert DCL that we were on a B2B, and we always book through a TA. Each time, everyone onboard already knew: our room stewards, waitstaff, and head waiter. We've always been asked by the head waiter if we want to keep our waitstaff on the next cruise (only once did we request a new server and assistant server). B2B's are awesome! Have a great time!

Do they seat you with other B2Bers or should we expect different table mates? Unless of course they decide to do all private tables.

Do they seat you with other B2Bers or should we expect different table mates? Unless of course they decide to do all private tables.
Good question. I will be requesting a private table for the four of us. I wonder if it will make the request more or less likely.

We’ve done b2b about 5 times now. We use DU to book, always book same cabin. As mentioned, the head waiter always shows up prior to the end of #1. he/she will ask if we want the same team and if we want a private table (if we are sharing one #1). Same for your room hostess. We do mention it to our room hostess if they don’t mention by the last day. They usually know because they leave your letter and reboarding ticket/pass that you need to reboard early after the ship has cleared.

Last edited:

We've never been seated with other B2B cruisers. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but it's not intentional by DCL.

Once we had a group of 30-40 that we had met here on the Dis, all doing B2Bs. We were all seated together/next to each other, per our request. The other 2 times we had requested a table for 4 and got that request granted.

We booked a B2B on the Wish, but couldn't get the same room. It's on the same floor, just down the hall. I'm bummed about having to pack-up twice!

We booked a B2B on the Wish, but couldn't get the same room. It's on the same floor, just down the hall. I'm bummed about having to pack-up twice!
I’ve never done a B2B before and told my travel agent if she couldn’t get us the same room then we did not want to do it. I’m too lazy to pack at home, unpack pack cruise 1, pack cruise 1, unpack cruise 2, pack cruise 2, unpack home...whew! I’m exhausted just typing it! 😂. However, I’m sure it won’t be that bad! I’ve also heard if you have stuff hanging or just in storage cubes they’ll move them for you, so you do not have to do a full pack between cruises.

Don't unpack one suitcase. And just toss dirty clothes in the other.

Do we go back through the port to check in for the second cruise? I'll move up in status and want to get the new lanyard but also want to board the ship early, so I don't want to go back through just for the lanyard if I don't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter