B-day's at disney

halld6479

DIS Veteran
we are taking my two grandson's to wdw for their b-day's and will be there 5 days is there anything I can do to maybe have attention paid to them, how do you get to be in the parades maybe? or special hats?

I know MK, maybe all the parks have a pin/button at guest services that has all the characters on it and it says, "Today is my Birthday". the CMs throughout the park supposedly see it and wish the child a "Happy Birthday".
When I was standing in line to get one for DS8, I think another child who was actually in line (mine waited outside) received a phone call from one of the characters...

If you are staying on site, call the reservation line and inform them that you have a birthday child. They will make a note on your ressie. Then when you arrive, remind the CM at check-in. They will arrange to have a couple of balloons and a card from his favorite character waiting for him in the room. They were very accomodating for us, we were there on a b-day trip for DS8 and DS6, but it was only really DS8's b-day. I explained all this, and they arranged for both boys to receive balloons and cards..

these are the freebies that I know of. We were too busy to arrange any special reservations or cakes or anything else. You may want to post your question on the resort board or the attraction board-I am sure you will be over loaded with things you can do.

Have a great time!!

The pins are very "informative" for CM's that see him. Also, call ahead to any restaurants that you have ADR's for. They will most likely do something for him and offer you the option of getting him a cake. The resorts also deliver balloons.

All sit down resturants provide a free cupcake and sing happy birthday. you do not need to call ahead to arrange this just let your server know. My son did this every day for a week when we went for his 6th birthday 3 years ago. They will do this at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also all the parks provide a pin. We stayed at the Polynesian and he got the balloons, picture and a cake.

halld6479 said:
we are taking my two grandson's to wdw for their b-day's and will be there 5 days is there anything I can do to maybe have attention paid to them, how do you get to be in the parades maybe? or special hats?
You pick up the free birthday pins @ Guest Services right inside each park entry. They will also make a phone call so you can get a special birthday greeting. I've been twice when my birthday fell and it was great because CM's all wish you a happy birthday and my 2 nieces thought that was really neat. It really is a special place to celebrate a birthday. Have a Blast!

My husband who is an artist made a t-shirt for my son with a Disney-style cartoon of my son that said "Today is my 8th Birthday!" on it. He wore that and everyone LOVED it! At MGM he was picked to open the park and two CM's at a stand said he had a call and it was Goofy on the phone. Then he was given a free birthday marshmallow pop at a candy store there. Everywhere we went the characters & CM's made a big fuss, it was very special. We also had balloons & a card in our room at POP. So get the buttons, but maybe have t-shirts made up for them. It was very memorable and special for our son..he cried at Chef Mickeys, but tears of joy, he was just that thrilled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter