[B]Anymore pixie dust out there?[/B]

WorldWacky

DIS Veteran
To make a very long story short, my MIL who was supposed to move in with her daughter due to her health and finances, ended up having to move back to Long Island with us. She and her daughter just couldn't seem to get along at the moment. My MIL has been suffering from ovarian cancer and just when we thought we had started to settle her in...(found a new bank, doctors, and an apartment of her own), she found a lump in her breast. Now she wants to go back to Pennsylvania, to her old doctor. She will be completely on her own as her daughter and SIL have washed their hands of the whole situation. Please send out whatever good wishes, pixie dust and prayers that you can spare so we can convince her to use one of the doctors out here where we can help and be with her. Thanks guys!

Prayers and Pixie Dust for your mil and your family. Having sick loved one's is hard. Maybe you could get some references from people that live nearby for doctor's that are in the area she is located right now.:grouphug:

Sending pixie dust your way for good health and a solution everyone can deal with. :wizard:

Good luck and try seeing if her PA dr will give a referral for a doc near you. that may help her confidence in a new dr.

Good luck, I hope this situation works out for the best. :grouphug:

Prayers and best wishes.

I just PM'd you with the name of my oncologist and breast surgeon.

Thank you all. She's not going to tell her dr. that she moved! She said it's not pertinent! I'm on the phone now with a dr. out here seeing if I can get her an appt. on LI.

I was able to get an appt. with a recommended doc on Mon. But her old doc. in PA will see her this Thurs. If I knew she would be in good hands with her daughter, I wouldn't mind her moving back, but as things stand now, they just aren't on the best of terms. I think my sil is really having some hormonal issues right now. She's 49 and I don't think she realizes how she's been treating my mil. Oh well, keep that pixie dust coming. I'm not giving up!

Well... so far MIL has agreed to come back to LI for treatment if needed. I'm going to hit the road again tomorrow to get her to her doc and she said she'll see the doc out here on Mon. Thanks for all the support. I'm trying very hard to make it seem like all of this back and forth stuff isn't a big deal in front of her. She's dealing with enough. So it's nice to be able to let my frustrations out here with you guys.

It is good that she has you, and even though it can be frustrating, stick with it. You will be happy you did. Pixie dust for all of you.

It is good that she has you, and even though it can be frustrating, stick with it. You will be happy you did. Pixie dust for all of you.

Thank you. I'm just going to keep praying that the lump is benign. She's been fighting this cancer for two years now and is not that positive about what is going on now. I just want her to be able to finally relax a bit and enjoy her time with the grandkids. We were at one point talking about taking a Disney Cruise, but that would have been for the summer of 2012 and she keeps saying she's not going to make it through the year! It's so sad and yes, frustrating. Yesterday when she said we all would have just been better off if she had just died, it ripped my heart out! :sad1: Please keep that pixie dust coming for some good news... finally.

My heart just aches for you and your MIL! Wishing for Pixie Dust!

Well, here's the latest in the saga. The doc said the lump is still the same cancer, it's just spreading and she needs to get back into treatment. My sister in law still insists that my mother in law is erratic and behaving irrationally and that my husband and I are enablers to her erratic behavior. She doesn't seem to think that her yelling at my mil every time she's around her is what is making my mil want to stay with us. She is in no way at fault in her mind. She's making my mil feel like she's not lucid. Trust me, she's doing just fine in that department. Like I said, I don't care where she gets treatment as long as she is comfortable and content wherever she is. Sadly things aren't looking great for her and I don't think we'll be having these things to argue about for very long. I just want her to be at peace in the meantime. Thanks again for being that shoulder for me to lean on.

My MIL was up all night with terrible stomach pains and my husband is en route to the hospital with her. Please keep that pixiedust coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts