Avengers Endgame tickets - what did u score? And how long was your wait time

Unfortunately my husband and I both work all weekend so we've bought our tickets to see it on the 30th in the full recliner seats we love.

Unfortunately my husband and I both work all weekend so we've bought our tickets to see it on the 30th in the full recliner seats we love.

i'm not a huge fan of these movies so when i heard about the running time on this i told dh and ds the ONLY way they could plan on me seeing it with them was if it came to the local movie & dinner movie theater b/c i wanted (1) reserved seating, (2) recliner seating, and (3) an option for something better to eat than traditional concession food. fortunately it did, and it ended up having less expensive tickets than our big chain theaters.

i STILL think there should be an intermission built into a movie of this length but it would be interesting to learn if there's a drop in liquid concession sales during it's run.

i'm not a huge fan of these movies so when i heard about the running time on this i told dh and ds the ONLY way they could plan on me seeing it with them was if it came to the local movie & dinner movie theater b/c i wanted (1) reserved seating, (2) recliner seating, and (3) an option for something better to eat than traditional concession food. fortunately it did, and it ended up having less expensive tickets than our big chain theaters.

i STILL think there should be an intermission built into a movie of this length but it would be interesting to learn if there's a drop in liquid concession sales during it's run.

I hadn't thought about that - we have a VIP theater where we can order food to the seats but it's just opened and SUPER popular so sells out faster. I don't even know what the running time is lol but I've been a HUGE fan of the movies since they started so I'll deal with whatever it is - I do wish this theater had decent food outside of the VIP theater though we're stuck with hot dogs and nachos otherwise I think.

I hadn't thought about that - we have a VIP theater where we can order food to the seats but it's just opened and SUPER popular so sells out faster. I don't even know what the running time is lol but I've been a HUGE fan of the movies since they started so I'll deal with whatever it is - I do wish this theater had decent food outside of the VIP theater though we're stuck with hot dogs and nachos otherwise I think.
If you’re headed there - word to the wise - make sure you have ID with you. Even if you’re not planning to order alcohol they won’t let you past the door without being carded. We were turned away on Christmas Day because my DS forgot his wallet. Bummer. :sad1:

Did you see the article about the AMC theaters (3 locations, I think) doing a 59 hour marathon of all Marvel movies prior to the premiere? :scared:

We actually did a 12 hour marathon for a different movie series once. It was at a Regal, but before recliners & assigned seating. You got a wrist band & could come & go as you liked. There was like a 20 or 30 minute intermission between each movie. So the theater could be cleaned if necessary then. Plus gave you time to use the rest room & get some food. There were only about 30 people there for most of it. It was fun but I can’t imagine trying to do a 2 day marathon! I would have to bring pillows & blankets. :rotfl:

If anyone wants a well-done 12 minute video related to the past movies in lead-up to End Game, I watched this and got a bit misty eyed :o

(note: it does show a few parts from the End Game trailers)

If you’re headed there - word to the wise - make sure you have ID with you. Even if you’re not planning to order alcohol they won’t let you past the door without being carded. We were turned away on Christmas Day because my DS forgot his wallet. Bummer. :sad1:

Yeah ID is super important as they're all 18+ My husband surprised me and bought VIP tickets since it was "cheaper" Tuesday. I'm excited! I like the adult only showings plus the better food is a bonus!

Back row center (my desired location for the setup) on Thursday night for the Real3D showing from the Regal app with no waiting.

Did you see the article about the AMC theaters (3 locations, I think) doing a 59 hour marathon of all Marvel movies prior to the premiere? :scared:

Back when Return of the King was released a local theatre did a marathon of the LOTR movies with the final one starting at midnight. That was (I think) 14 hours and that was as much as I could deal with. After getting to the theatre early so we could get the best (IMO) seats, we were there for approximately 20 hours. WAAAAY too long to be sitting on those non-recliner seats!

I don't think I could do 59 hours.

Edited to add: We are going to an early afternoon show on Sunday. I booked the tickets easily a few days ago.

We will probably wait a week to see it. DH , doesn't like to see it unless we get reserved seats.

DH was apparently checking every few minutes and got tickets as soon as they went live. He called and said "I got them for 1pm Saturday. It's a 3 hour movie. We'll plan to go to dinner afterward." He apparently forgot that Saturday is prom day. (DS is a senior, but hasn't decided if he's going to prom.)

DH logged back in almost immediately to see if he could change the showing, but apparently it told him there was over an hour wait just to get in. By the time he was able to get back in (I think he abandoned that attempt and tried after the initial rush had died down) he wasn't able to change the seats. All the other showings for the weekend were sold out or didn't have 4 seats left together.

So... if DS decides *not* to go to prom, then I guess we're fine. But if he does decide to go, I guess we're going to forfeit some of the tickets. There's no way I'm missing the chance to take pictures. It'll be OK though. I enjoy the movies, but DH always buys them on Blu-Ray and watches those multiple times too. I've seen all of the others PLENTY of times.

I jumped out of bed Tuesday to get online and get my reserved seats. It took more than 30 minutes to get the tickets for Cinemark. For DH, me and my mother, we have tickets for noon on Saturday. DS requested to see it Thurs night to try and avoid spoilers. I tried to get him AMC tickets, but they were completely down. I ended up getting him tickets across town at another theater, but still not happy about it being farther away. So I kept trying for AMC and hours later, when their website was working again, got 2 tickets for 6pm Thursday. Now, I have to figure out what to do with the other 2 tickets we no longer need. They are student tickets, so I offered them to DD, but she still hasn't made a decision.

We bought tickets for one of our local theaters at 11:30 am on the day they went on sale with no issue. Reserved recliner seating almost dead center. One of the few perks of living in a small town.

I'll probably also go see it again on Saturday with my brother and sis-in-law. They've already bought their tickets, but there are still a ton left for that date and time so I haven't decided yet.

Ordinarily we'd do $5 Tuesdays with AMC often seeing in the Dine-In theaters (as Fork&Screen is the same price as a digital showing) but my husband is out of town now for a field assignment and wouldn't be home on Tuesdays to see it.

The Dine-In and regular showing times weren't great and most Dine-In only had bad seats left once the site got working and the plans were ironed out so we opted for a normal showing on Saturday at 5:30 and we'll go to dinner beforehand. The AMC theater in the area that has recliners in all theaters had not good times either and most seats sold when the site got back up working. We'll still be ok though in non-reclining seats. Fork&Screen doesn't recline for Dine-In only Cinema Suites for us so we're kinda used to that.

My union is doing this for family movie night where we rent out a theater, so I think I'm seeing it about a week after it opens. Date hasn't been finalized yet.

Ds’s friends got a group of them tickets for opening night at midnight, wish they were old enough to drive!

My husband got tickets for Sunday evening. He was disappointed that they were sold out for the afternoon shows.

I got tix for us and 2 friends for 6pm Saturday. Bought them today. Assigned seating at our favorite theatre with recliners.

No need for me to reserve seats ahead of time. My theatre does not have assigned seating. Probably see it on The first Monday it’s out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter