Auntys - is the 12 year old limit strictly enforced?

SteveNZ

Mouseketeer
We have booked for October and will be taking our boys aged 11 and 13. They both loved Aunty’s last time we went but my eldest is now over the 12 year bracket. Is there any wiggle room with this age limit as I know my younger child will not want to go in without his elder brother and I’m not sure what activities big brother will be able to do? Do they check for proof of age?

5 to 12 means 5 to 12.

That said, there are open houses (or at least there were pre-COVID) where the family could experience the club together.

The Aulani page I was reading said they could/might ask for proof of age that children are 5-12.

There used to be evening teen/tween activities a few days a week. They’d meet outside of Auntys at like 7PM for a scavenger hunt around the resort or that type of thing. If they bring that back, they both should be able to go.

We have booked for October and will be taking our boys aged 11 and 13. They both loved Aunty’s last time we went but my eldest is now over the 12 year bracket. Is there any wiggle room with this age limit as I know my younger child will not want to go in without his elder brother and I’m not sure what activities big brother will be able to do? Do they check for proof of age?
I'm not sure how old your kids were the last time, but my daughter felt too old for the Aunty's activities when she was 11. (She had no choice, as we had spa appointments.) There was less escape from what she deemed little kid activities than on DCL, for comparison's sake.

As to the proof of age part - it used to be that the kids wore Aulani magic bands, specifically for Aunty's, that they scanned in and out with. I do not think you could even get one of those without them verifying the age of the child on your reservation, barring an oblivious CM who didn't notice the kids' DOBs. It's been a few years and with covid likely changing protocols, I'm sure the process will change. I just doubt that they change it to loosen up age / eligibility verification processes, personally.

While I really feel for the OP, and don't want to come across like a nerdy Boy Scout (even though I was one), I would advise against trying to bend the rules. You risk teaching your kids it's okay to cheat and lie, as long as it benefits YOU. I'd hope that not many parents, when they think of it that way, would want that to be the lesson they teach and example they set.

You could always ask. We recently went on a cruise with extended family and the teen club was for 15-17 year olds. My son had just turned 18 and wanted to go to the club with his 17 year old cousin. We asked and they said no problem and let my son in. I realize this was a cruise and not Aulani but it never hurts to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter