Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

These pictures are wonderful! What building is this? And did you get to see the sunrise from this location? which building would you recommend? I am trying to figure out what specific requests we should place..definitely high floor
The photo is from villa #1612, which is on the top floor of the Waianae Building.

The Waianae Building gets the morning sun and afternoon shade. The ocean view villas in the Ewa Wing, Phases 1 and 3, get the morning shade and afternoon sun.

None of the ocean view villas will give you a good sunrise view. The very top floors in the Waianae Building have the best chance to see the early morning sun (you can also see Diamond Head in the far distance).

The villas on the Ewa side facing the main pool (aka Waikolohe Valley) have the best views of sunset. These villas are even numbered villas ranging from **70 to **86.

Personally, I think Aulani is fairly compact and well laid out, so its easy to get from one part of the resort to another. The parking garage is nearer the Waianae side, so you would save a few steps if you have a car and get a room on the Waianae side.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at Aulani; its a great resort.

The photo is from villa #1612, which is on the top floor of the Waianae Building.

The Waianae Building gets the morning sun and afternoon shade. The ocean view villas in the Ewa Wing, Phases 1 and 3, get the morning shade and afternoon sun.

None of the ocean view villas will give you a good sunrise view. The very top floors in the Waianae Building have the best chance to see the early morning sun (you can also see Diamond Head in the far distance).

The villas on the Ewa side facing the main pool (aka Waikolohe Valley) have the best views of sunset. These villas are even numbered villas ranging from **70 to **86.

Personally, I think Aulani is fairly compact and well laid out, so its easy to get from one part of the resort to another. The parking garage is nearer the Waianae side, so you would save a few steps if you have a car and get a room on the Waianae side.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at Aulani; its a great resort.

Thank you so much! It sounds like we really would be interested in the Waianae building to have the early morning sun! Do you know anything about what part of the building the studio villas are located? any specific room numbers you think we should request...or should we just say Waianae building (Waikolohe Valley side)?

Thank you so much! It sounds like we really would be interested in the Waianae building to have the early morning sun! Do you know anything about what part of the building the studio villas are located? any specific room numbers you think we should request...or should we just say Waianae building (Waikolohe Valley side)?
Waikolohe Valley side of Waianae Building would actually be one way to request what you want if you want morning sun. Another way is to ask for a villa ending in **04 or **10. Sometimes, I think its easier to give the room assigner a range of room numbers. By the way, I never give specific room numbers because if that room is occupied on the day I arrive, the room assigner may not know where to put me.

Waikolohe Valley side of Waianae Building would actually be one way to request what you want if you want morning sun. Another way is to ask for a villa ending in **04 or **10. Sometimes, I think its easier to give the room assigner a range of room numbers. By the way, I never give specific room numbers because if that room is occupied on the day I arrive, the room assigner may not know where to put me.

Thank you so much! So you did mention 04 and 10 as specific room numbers to request, what would be that reason? and what range of room numbers would you request?

Thank you so much! So you did mention 04 and 10 as specific room numbers to request, what would be that reason? and what range of room numbers would you request?
wdrl was just giving you an example of what you could request. If you were to request a villa ending in **04 and you got one, you would get something overlooking the Waikolohe Valley side of Waianae Tower. However, if you made that same request, but there were no villas ending in 04 available, the room assigner wouldn't know what you wanted and therefore couldn't give you something comparable. Whereas, if you asked for "Upper Floor in the Wainanae Tower, overlooking the Waikolohe Valley" the room assigner would know exactly what you want and would probably be able to find a villa that matches your request. That's how I would word my request. You already have an ocean view reserved. You want to see the pool and the morning sun which is the Waikolohe Valley. The higher floors offer the best views all around.

Take a look at post #1 in this thread. It lists all the villas and views and has a lot of links to pictures of various rooms and villas and their views. And congratulations on your wedding.

When I used the term "**04 or **10, I meant any villa ending in those numbers. If you look at the room maps in Post #1, all of the Ocean View studios in the Waianae Building end in 04 or 10.

wdrl was just giving you an example of what you could request. If you were to request a villa ending in **04 and you got one, you would get something overlooking the Waikolohe Valley side of Waianae Tower. However, if you made that same request, but there were no villas ending in 04 available, the room assigner wouldn't know what you wanted and therefore couldn't give you something comparable. Whereas, if you asked for "Upper Floor in the Wainanae Tower, overlooking the Waikolohe Valley" the room assigner would know exactly what you want and would probably be able to find a villa that matches your request. That's how I would word my request. You already have an ocean view reserved. You want to see the pool and the morning sun which is the Waikolohe Valley. The higher floors offer the best views all around.

Take a look at post #1 in this thread. It lists all the villas and views and has a lot of links to pictures of various rooms and villas and their views. And congratulations on your wedding.

WOw thank you so much this is perfect. I will definitely make my recommendation that way and be happy with what we get!! I really appreciate your response and cant wait until our trip! 54 days to go!

My sister and her family are staying at Aulani and sent me a photo of the view from their villa. They were in villa 1552, an Ocean View one-bedroom located in the Ewa Building, Phase 1.

Aulani%201552_zps95lzf1cr.jpg

I would call Aulani direct to ask them, Hawaii laws could be different than what we are used to in Florida.

There isn't much counter space and no where to shelve the coffee pot and paper towels. You would need to bring or buy your own cleaning product too, since a griddle could splatter grease all over the walls and countertop as you don't get full cleaning everyday when staying on DVC points. But the biggest problem you would have with a griddle is that the sink is a round shallow bar sink and it is not large enough for washing a griddle even one the size of a burner on the stove. It is hard to rinse or fill up the coffee pot in that sink IMO.

DSC_3909_zpsgzj3dyll.jpg

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring and use a portable griddle in a studio?

I forget if there's anything written but I think one or two have called resorts to ask about hot plates and such and they are not allowed. Just too much potential for fire with the small hot appliances to be brought into a hotel setting.

Posted this in the Aulani thread as well...we just got back from a two-bedroom lock off pool view rooms 312/310. Excellent location on the lobby floor, quick trip down the stairs to the pool deck. These are from the master bedroom balcony.

IMG_6197_zpsjq4mo0ap.jpg

IMG_6198_zpsqjpnfehw.jpg

Posted this in the Aulani thread as well...we just got back from a two-bedroom lock off pool view rooms 312/310. Excellent location on the lobby floor, quick trip down the stairs to the pool deck. These are from the master bedroom balcony.
Thanks for your photos, keaster!

I owe this thread big time since the first time we went to Aulani in 2015. It helps a lot in submitting room request. That been said, I feel obligated to contribute also :)

This is from the family Easter break trip last week: 4/16 - 4/22, 2017. This is Villa 1579, an Island View Studio located in the Ewa Building, Phase 3.

This is looking outside from inside the villa

1579.1_zpshamkdm4s.jpg

This is the view from the balcony

1579.2_zpsav2ipahc.jpg

As you may see, we have a good view of the new Kawa'a luau. So, we decided to have "our own luau" from the balcony at night :rotfl:

1579.3_zpsnmyinzkm.jpg

In addition to the previous post, here is from our last year visit. This is Villa 1271, an Island View 1-Bedroom located in the Ewa Building, Phase 3. Not much different than the view from Villa 1579.

IMG_2358_zpsryievmhx.jpg

a>

Last edited:
And last but not least, from our very first Aulani visit back in 2015. There are pictures already of Villa 906 views, but I guess this is to confirm it? :scratchin :rolleyes1 :beach:

This is the view from the balcony of Villa 906 at Waianae Building, Phase 2 looking toward Ocean on the right side

IMG_0894_zpsfmdiv42j.jpg

And as mc97 said:

1 Bedroom Ocean View...not sure you can go wrong with the "inside" rooms, facing the pool, but XX06 seems best.

I too agree that for 1-Bedroom Ocean View Villa, xx06 villas are the best. And if I'm not mistaken, Villa 1206 and 1208 (Ocean View Studio) were used by DVC for potential members tour in the past.

I owe this thread big time since the first time we went to Aulani in 2015. It helps a lot in submitting room request. That been said, I feel obligated to contribute also :)
Thanks for sharing photos from both of your villas, RiSaNicNol! When my wife saw the view you had of the luau, she thought you might as good a view of the show as some of the people actually attending it. Thanks, again!

I just saw you added a third villa. Thanks, @RiSaNicNol, they are appreciated!

Last edited:
Is the best way to make a request by calling member services and having it added to our reservation or is there a way to e-mail requests?

Mahalo!

Is the best way to make a request by calling member services and having it added to our reservation or is there a way to e-mail requests?

Mahalo!
I have had success both ways. If you sign on to the DVCmember website, there is a link to "Contact us." You can click on "Email " to send an email to Member Services with your room request. There is also a click for "Chat" but I've never tried to make a room request via the Chat feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter