Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

I am hoping to rent points (anyone have any???i am wait listed with the brokers) for one night luxury stay in a 2 bedroom unit at the end of our hawaiian holiday in September 2014.

My question, as we will be here one night only, and headed to the airport the next morning - is it safe to leave luggage in the car - obviously we will take anything of value, but will have suitcases for a family of five full of stuff we don't really need to bring in with us.

Hi all. We are not Aulani owners, but we are going to be trying your resort in February. :) We have never been to Hawaii and are very excited! I am wondering if anyone can suggest a horseback riding excursion. The one booked through Disney is about $200/person. I'm wondering if it's best to just book that one or if there are some good non Disney private companies that do a similar tour. Any excursion suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated!

Update - we got our points and are now booked for one night in a two bedroom villa!!! yay!!

Anyone have any opinions on the security in the valet parking area??

Hi all. We are not Aulani owners, but we are going to be trying your resort in February. :) We have never been to Hawaii and are very excited! I am wondering if anyone can suggest a horseback riding excursion. The one booked through Disney is about $200/person. I'm wondering if it's best to just book that one or if there are some good non Disney private companies that do a similar tour. Any excursion suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated!
We did a horseback riding tour on Maui that we booked ourselves. I would just do that....it is not near $200.

I don't think that Oahu has as many horseback experiences as some of the other islands, but up on the North Shore at Turtle Bay Is the only place in Hawaii, from what I read, that you can ride horses on the beach. That is about an hour away give or take from Aulani, and has such beautiful sunsets that they actually have bleachers set up on the grounds to watch....we did! We just dropped by near sunset time.

There are also horseback experiences on the other side of the island at that big ranch with all the activities....the name escapes me. We did not make it over that far.

Thanks for the tips! We are working on booking one thing at a time. Up next...rental car. We'll need a minivan for 10 nights in February.

Thanks for the tips! We are working on booking one thing at a time. Up next...rental car. We'll need a minivan for 10 nights in February.

Post if you see any great rates! I'm searching every day for lower rates but not sure I'll find better. I search kayak, costco and individual sites as well.

Right now I have 9 days in feb reserved (thur noon to sat noon) at budget using the code that was floating around here awhile back. I have a mini van for $343 base rate, 479 total with fees and taxes. Everywhere I see is way higher! Even the quote from discount car rental (who I've used with good luck in the past) was over $500.

Good luck in your search!

Post if you see any great rates! I'm searching every day for lower rates but not sure I'll find better. I search kayak, costco and individual sites as well. Right now I have 9 days in feb reserved (thur noon to sat noon) at budget using the code that was floating around here awhile back. I have a mini van for $343 base rate, 479 total with fees and taxes. Everywhere I see is way higher! Even the quote from discount car rental (who I've used with good luck in the past) was over $500. Good luck in your search!
Wow, $479 sounds great! I just booked for $619. Priceline, Expedia, etc were all about $1000. The $619 is through discount Hawaii car rentals. Is that code you used somewhere on this thread?

I just looked at my 2014 Annual Dues statement and it is missing the Developer Credit (for those who purchased before July 27, 2011). It showed up last year on a separate line as a subtraction. I can't call in until tomorrow when Member Accounting is open. Any one else have this issue?

Hmmmm mine was on there. It was the last two lines:

Vac Ownr Opr Dev Cred 1.5998 (I am guessing this is credit per point)
Villas Oper Dev Sub 0.1049

This was subtracted from the dues. If yours wasn't, sounds like a call to MS is needed. :(

My DH realized we had some remaining points from last year.....
so we will have a weekend staycation in February. :cool1:

Hmmmm mine was on there. It was the last two lines:

Vac Ownr Opr Dev Cred 1.5998 (I am guessing this is credit per point)
Villas Oper Dev Sub 0.1049

This was subtracted from the dues. If yours wasn't, sounds like a call to MS is needed. :(

Yeah mine shows up the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter