Aulani in April for a Half Marathon

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
Hi everyone. I am celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary next year and am thinking it would be nice to visit Aulani. We have never been there (or to HI in general). DH and I are long distance runners and we understand there is a nice half marathon called the Hapalua Half in April of 2025 about 45 minutes away from the resort. Before I get ahead of myself with planning, does anyone have important insider details to consider that I wouldn't necessarily find through a google search? We would prefer to fly direct (and coming from Detroit) on Delta and think we would want to come in a few days ahead of the race. Are car rentals easy enough to navigate and if I book a one bedroom, is it easy enough to pick up groceries for cooking breakfast or should I stick with a studio and plan for meals out? This is very different from my usual WDW planning orbit. Lastly, I don't have booking priority at 11 months so I don't even know how tough it would be to book a room. :-) I appreciate any insight! Thank you. 💜

How close to Easter? Easter is April 20 next year. That may make booking studios tough.

Rent a car at the airport and stop on the way for groceries. It is a large international airport with all the usual players.

How close to Easter? Easter is April 20 next year. That may make booking studios tough.

Rent a car at the airport and stop on the way for groceries. It is a large international airport with all the usual players.
Ah, good to know. The race is scheduled for 4/13/2025. I think the only direct flight from Detroit is to Honolulu but yes, renting a car seems totally necessary. Thank you.

There is only the one airport worth mention on Oahu. It is not a big island.
Ah, good to know. The race is scheduled for 4/13/2025. I think the only direct flight from Detroit is to Honolulu but yes, renting a car seems totally necessary. Thank you.

facebook twitter