August 9th, 2021 Dream

CamColt

I have hesitated to start this thread as I feel any minute we will be canceled and it will be irrelevant, however with some discussion going on about this cruise on other threads I figured, why not. We need a place to talk about this. :)

So, I will start...this cruise will be just myself and DH, we booked it on a whim a few months ago and I never thought we would get to this point of being possibly the first cruise out, 5 weeks away. It will (hopefully) be our 23rd Disney Cruise.

Who else is on board...or in limbo like me right now? :hyper:

Last edited:
We're with you!
Family of 3 - son needs to return to In-person (yay!) marching band camp Aug 17 and will be moving out at that time.

DH said to just get him on the water, even if it was a tugboat or a dinghy. I hated paying as much as I did, but I booked it 2 days ago.

If we sail, this will be our 14th sailing on DCL.

If it is canceled, we'll transfer FCC and maybe try Celebrity??

My two cents is I don't think DCL will cancel on a holiday weekend but will wait until Tuesday. If not Tuesday, I think it will be a go. Maybe?

Originally I had thought it would be Monday, but then I realized that is the technical holiday so hopefully some word Tuesday. They have to say something, either way!

Funny you should mention Celebrity. I was watching a video of a couple who went on the first sailing of the Edge and it got me so pumped to be on the water....and the ship looks pretty cool. For fun I looked it up and we can do a 7 night 8/7 for 104.00 more than the 4 night Dream, and drinks, wifi, and tips are included. So I am very tempted to do that as a back up plan and ditch WDW, but I have so much swirling in my head right now, I don't know! :crazy:

And YAY for in person band camp. How exciting to have some normalcy!

Last edited:
Originally I had thought it would be Monday, but then I realized that is the technical holiday so hopefully some word Tuesday. They have to say something, either way!

Funny you should mention Celebrity. I was watching a video of a couple who went on the first sailing of the Edge and it got me so pumped to be on the water....and the ship looks pretty cool. For fun I looked it up and we can do a 7 night 8/7 for 104.00 more than the 4 night Dream, and drinks, wifi, and tips are included. So I am very tempted to do that as a back up plan and ditch WDW, but I have so much swirling in my head right now, I don't know! :crazy:

And YAY for in person band camp. How exciting to have some normalcy!
I had heard good things about Celebrity dining, and when I looked up info about their ships I saw most of them have Le Petit Chef. Here is a video - I had no idea one of the cruise ships picked up this adorable dinner show. Now I really want to go!

Oh that is cool! I keep seeing more and more good about them. I really want to do DCL though. I want to hear my name announced...I want to go to CC, I want to hear the horn... ;)

Something else I thought of was if by chance they do end up sailing, but at limited capacity, how do they choose who to bump? :confused3 I went through quickly and think I figured out about 18% of the rooms are available, and that doesn't take into account people like myself booked in a GTY room. So, for sake of argument they are approximately 85% full. I'm not sure what the sailing capacity would be but it would seem they have a lot of people to get rid of.

Oh that is cool! I keep seeing more and more good about them. I really want to do DCL though. I want to hear my name announced...I want to go to CC, I want to hear the horn... ;)

Something else I thought of was if by chance they do end up sailing, but at limited capacity, how do they choose who to bump? :confused3 I went through quickly and think I figured out about 18% of the rooms are available, and that doesn't take into account people like myself booked in a GTY room. So, for sake of argument they are approximately 85% full. I'm not sure what the sailing capacity would be but it would seem they have a lot of people to get rid of.
Oh geez, I never even considered that as a possibility.

Can you tell I am overthinking every aspect of this situation? :rolleyes: :rotfl: But again, with them not saying anything, that just leaves the door open for speculation....and for making me (and I'm sure many others) crazy. :crazy:

A FCC is no good to me at this point, unless they extend it to summer 2023. I work in a school so I'm limited as to when I can travel and I already have rebooked cruises for Feb and next summer. Like your DH, I just want to be on the water!!!

Last edited:

Still trying to stay hopeful…but I’ll be a lot happier when/if they open online checkin. I’m setting my sites on the 30 day mark. If they let us sail, it will be The Boss Lady, myself, our daughter (19), and son (15). This makes 5 DCL cruises and completes our Grand Slam, at least until the Wish sails.

I like that...the Boss Lady!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

I am really trying to be hopeful too. I go from 1 minute thinking there is no way it's going, then to having a little hope the next minute. Like I just saw, someone shared on the lack of info thread, that DCL changed their wording on their site to include covid protocols in the gym. That to me is a positive sign they are trying to make adjustments so they can go. I don't know!

And also, besides the online check in, I keep checking to see if I have a room assigned. I booked a GTY room so I figure if I get a room #, that's a positive sign. So far nothing though. :(

I am just saying how lucky you are that there’s a thread with people talking!!

I am on Sept 20, December 3 and December 31, and am talking to myself for the most part!

pixiedust:I hope you go, we go and all goes well!:boat:

LOL! That's why I started this. It's like therapy to talk it out. I had been doing pretty good but once we got to about 6 weeks, I started needing help. :rotfl2:

If we sail, it will be myself, the wife, our son (19), and daughter (16) - a family from NYC. It would be DCL cruise #8 for the wife and I (#14 overall), and DCL #7 for the kids (#13 overall). We also booked this cruise relatively "late" back in March with a VGT rate. We were going to be in Florida anyway as my wife wanted to visit her sister. So I thought, let's book this cruise even though it was probably 50/50 at best we actually actually sail. If we didn't, just take the FCC and apply to a 2022 cruise.

We just want a decision already. We want to sail, however, I would rather have them cancel if it meant we could have a decision today. I hate being in limbo. I think what DCL is doing, leaving us to twist in the wind, is surprisingly shameful and poor form.

That's a good plan!

I sort of feel the opposite though. If it means we ARE sailing, then I wont mind the wait. I do mind it now, LOL, but I feel it will so be worth it as we walk on the ship. Plus then once we get word, I don't have to scramble with back up plans so that makes that part of it easy. However, if they are going to cancel, tell me NOW!!! :teeth: We have to make a final decision as to what back up plan we go with, and then starting booking what we need to book for that. UGH!

Hopefully tomorrow once the holiday is over, we will hear something.

So, if the cruise is cancelled, that will be a definitive answer. If we don't hear anything tomorrow, or Friday at 30 days out, we will still be in limbo. What's everybody's best guess as to what date we can exhale and be sure she will sail?

There are so many moving parts, it is hard to pick the next “they gotta decide by…” date. I was thinking online checkin should start at the 30 day point, I guess that is the date I am looking to now.

August 9th! ;)

Really I think if they planned to cancel it they would have already. Look at how far out the other ships got canceled in the last batch of cancellations on June 8th. I really am leaning toward the theory they are *trying* to get this cruise to go. Can they and will they are questions I don't know what to guess for answers. This is where some info would be helpful. At least tell us here's what we are hoping for.

And if its canceled, I had thought today but now probably Thursday around 2:30. I have a very long hair appointment at 3:00 so it would be just perfect for me to find out about this right before I have to go sit in a chair for hours and cant do anything. :crazy:

Me too, I got excited for the announcement of online checkin being ready. Their timing leaves something to be desired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter