August 5, 2017 - Fantasy - Western Caribbean 7 Night

We are excited. If you have questions for fish extender group let me know, ive run all the disboards ones for the cruises weve gone on. Ive already started crafting and shopping lol.

Hi all! This will me be my husband (Charles) and I's (Shauna) 3rd cruise and 3rd ship. We've done a 7-Night on the Magic in November 2014 for our honeymoon and a 3-Night on the Dream in November 2015 for our 1 year anniversary. We originally were booked on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas, but I started to feel like we were cheating on Disney lol! I cancelled it and booked this one. This will be a welcomed surprise for my husband. I just hope I can continue holding on to the secret and making him think we're going on the Harmony.

Glad to have you aboard:)

We are excited. If you have questions for fish extender group let me know, ive run all the disboards ones for the cruises weve gone on. Ive already started crafting and shopping lol.

Would you be interested in setting up and managing this one? If not, I can figure out how to do it. I originally thought I wouldn't be be very busy this time; however, several people have quit at work and I have inherited their jobs:( Wish I was getting their paychecks too:rolleyes:

I haven't heard back yet, but I have contacted DCL about doing a private mixology or tasting class. I don't know specifically what or when we can get anything yet, but I will update the thread when I find out. Let me know if you are interested, no obligation yet. Also, let me know how many people in your group, day and/or time that might be work, and which class, ie mixology, tasting, that you would be interested in. We did a regular mixology class on our first DCL cruise, and it was a blast and a good value for the price.

Are you having a door FE holder made? If so, anyone that you can recommend? I looked online a while ago, but there were just so many different people and options. It was a bit overwhelming. I know I wouldn't have time to make one. Plus, I can't even remember where my sewing machine is:headache:

Anyone else read about the new stuff being added to Fantasy after the dry dock? I didn't even realize it was going through dry dock right before we cruise. It will be nice to have an almost like new ship. I am looking forward to the ice cream/sweet shop. I have heard really good things about Vanellope's on Dream. DS will be old enough to go to either the kids club or the tweens club, but since he's a big Star Wars fan, I think he will probably choose the kids club.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...citing-new-experiences-on-the-disney-fantasy/

i would love to do a fish extender with you all. I will be traveling with my parents and i will be turning 16 on this cruise so i am extremely excited we are on deck 5 forward do you know where i can access the facebook group. I am extremely excited this is our second cruise with Disney and I am super excited. Unfortunately none of us are extremely interested in a mixology class but i am excited to do the fish extenders for the first time

i would love to do a fish extender with you all. I will be traveling with my parents and i will be turning 16 on this cruise so i am extremely excited we are on deck 5 forward do you know where i can access the facebook group. I am extremely excited this is our second cruise with Disney and I am super excited. Unfortunately none of us are extremely interested in a mixology class but i am excited to do the fish extenders for the first time
Go to Facebook and in the search bar type in Disney Fantasy - August 5 - 12, 2017. The group has 90 members in it currently.

Are you having a door FE holder made? If so, anyone that you can recommend? I looked online a while ago, but there were just so many different people and options. It was a bit overwhelming. I know I wouldn't have time to make one. Plus, I can't even remember where my sewing machine is:headache:

We got our FE holder from GoldeeloxCreations on Etsy

If we have enough people interested, we could do a Fish Extender group on here. However, it looks like the majority of people on this thread are also on the FB group. If we don't get enough people for a mixology class on here, then there's also a signup on FB. I didn't know about the FB group until it was posted here. I don't really do FB.

We got our FE holder from GoldeeloxCreations on Etsy

Thanks. There are so many out there that it's overwhelming. I will give them a look soon. Don't want to wait until the last minute.

I thin that i am not going to do the fb group i would rather do it on here because i am not allowed to have facebook and i will keep you posted as to if i am 100 percent because i am still waiting on an answer from my parents

I thin that i am not going to do the fb group i would rather do it on here because i am not allowed to have facebook and i will keep you posted as to if i am 100 percent because i am still waiting on an answer from my parents

No problem. However, if we don't get more people willing to sign up on the FE here, then it might not be feasible. We probably need about more than 5 cabins to make it interesting and worthwhile. If it comes to that, would one of your older family members be able to do it through FB? Also, you might not actually have to be on FB, since the spreadsheet being used is a Google Doc. We can try and work something out through PM or email, if we don't get more people here. I will probably try to make a decision toward the end of next month. The FB FE sign ups stop 45 days out from the cruise.

Hey!! Hey!! Hey!!

So, yes @soniam I can run the FE group for Disboards! No prob at all, I feel you on the getting more work but not more money thing lol!

I'm gonna go thru this list and take a look at who has signed up and see who is interested.

For the actual fish extender we bought a 4 pocket nursery hanging wall organizer thing from amazon and I altered it using iron on vinyl.

Also, @ShaunaG14 be careful about directing people to stuff that is not on disboards, Ive seen people banned for that.

Disney Cruise Fantasy August 5, 2017 Fish Extender Group

Jsmncrews - Jasmine, DH Will(Birthday), DS Cody(13), DS Carter(9) - 6016

@soniam Sonia, DH Paul, DS Alex(11) - 9640

@andied DH DD(12) DS(9)

@disney789 DD(10), DD(11)

@jmendez070 - Jane, DH Alex, DD Melanie(7), DD Emily(3)

@GeneralTso DH, DD, DD's boyfriend

@ShaunaG14 Shauna, DH Charles

@gumballcraver123 (16) plus parents

If your name is on this list and you do NOT want to be in the FE group let me know. :)

If you want to be in the FE group please provide this info:
Names, ages of kids, cabin #, special celebrations.

As the list grows I will update this post.

We can set a deadline for FE sign ups for June 25th.

Smaller groups for FE's are still really fun too so IMO it doesn't matter how many people sign up. The last cruise we went on we had a smaller DIS FE group BUT we were all able to spend more money per cabin and we all got some amazing items!!

Last edited:
Hey!! Hey!! Hey!!

So, yes @soniam I can run the FE group for Disboards! No prob at all, I feel you on the getting more work but not more money thing lol!

I'm gonna go thru this list and take a look at who has signed up and see who is interested.

For the actual fish extender we bought a 4 pocket nursery hanging wall organizer thing from amazon and I altered it using iron on vinyl.

Also, @ShaunaG14 be careful about directing people to stuff that is not on disboards, Ive seen people banned for that.

Thanks! That would be awesome. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Man, it's approaching quickly. Just got notices about final payment. I still need to decide when we are eating at Remy and when I am getting my massage:)

We are already in 4 other FE groups I think that has hit my limit in luggage space :) So I don't think we will be participating in this one.

Is everyone getting ready to book Palo/Remy, shore excursions, and spa treatments, select your boarding time, and do online checkin? Gold club members will be coming up on April 22, and silver will be May 7. Platinum and concierge have already booked. I am excited to do the kids club registration online and just get on the ship even faster. It's difficult to decide when to do everything, since you can't see what time the excursions are or when some of the specialty meals are. Good luck to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter