August 27, 2006 4 night Wonder

bellelinus said:
We plan to get there early as well. From what I have read, you are allowed on around 11:30 to 12, and the pools and lunch buffet are open then. I think even when you are waiting to board you are inside the terminal instead of being out in the hot sun. I believe they open up security at the terminal around 10:30 or so (again, I haven't cruised before, but this is what I have read).

by the time we get everybody ready, grab some breakfast, take the cars to Avis it should be about 11am. Who sleeps the night before? It's like waiting for Santa to come on Christmas eve. :thumbsup2

As long as we don't have to wait in the sun I'm there early to take in as much as I can. :)

Bill

I'm kind of bummed, we had to change our cruise to the week before (Aug 24)because our school system is threatening to start school the last week of August. We decided to do the three night instead and book a cat. 9, we had been booked on a cat. 12 on the four night. Oh well, we'll be getting off the boat when you guys are getting on, :sad: hope all you guys have a great time! :)

I am really sorry to hear that you won't be making our 4 night cruise! It's terrible not to know the school schedule enough in advance. The 3 night cruise should give you a nice feeling for what it is like, and maybe you can re-book a longer cruise while onboard (and get the discount). I'm sure you'll enjoy the cat. 9. Maybe we'll see you on a future cruise!

I'm sorry too, Lori. But the catagory 9 will be better than the 12, (doesn't it have the split bath ?)
It will still be alot of fun and bellelinus is right about booking the next cruise on board :)
Unless you were unable to book your reservations online, there really isn't a pressing need to be at the port early (except that it is like Christmas and gives you more time to explore the ship and adds to the excitement, etc).
This cruise (and the planning) make me feel like a kid again :)

Laurie

Thanks for the replies! You guys all better hook up on the cruise, I plan to keep checking up on this thread! :teeth:

It definately stinks not knowing the school schedule. If I hadn't changed the cruise I would have been a wreck worrying about it, so we decided to just change it.

I too am sorry to hear that you won't be cruising with us. :(
Have fun or your cruise and save some food for us. :)

Bill

Hi all !
Have you had a chance to see Timon's video of her Magic cruise ? I thought it gave a great view of what the ship was like. The Magic is almost identical to the Wonder and while we won't see the same ports, we both go to Castaway Cay (toward the end of her video). If you look up "Timon" you can find her post in the Discussion Forum.
It also gives a great view of what the boarding terminal looks like.
I wish I could post a direct link, but I'm so spastic with the computer you'll find it faster if you search :rotfl:

Laurie

Thank for posting that -- it makes it all seem real! I'm sure the reality will be even better, though.

Are any of you into pin collecting ? My DS, DD and I have a "small" collection and can't wait to trade with the CMs when we get to the Wonder. :banana:

Laurie

No, I've consciously avoided starting up the whole pin collecting thing for fear that it could snowball into a major financial and time issue! I would bet that the ship is a great place to do it, though.

My DS 12 and DD(almost 9) and I got our start "pin trading" on the Wonder in 2002. The CMs in the stores were so pleasant to chat with and they were the ones that got us started.
My DS is somewhat annoyed with me because I have suggested he leave his gameboy at home. He mostly wants it for on the plane and the car ride to PC. For those of you who have older sons, do they outgrow this gameboy addiction or just replace it with something else ? :sad2:

Laurie

With three girls, there's not a gameboy in our apartment -- they would have no clue what to do if they were given one for a few hours. However, my nephew spent an entire beach vacation (we went for a week last year with my sister and her son) inside playing his! I guess I would say, as long as he's only using it on the plane and trip to PC, that's fine -- but not on the ship. After spending that much, you would hate to see him doing the exact same things he can do at home!

Maybe a parent of teenage boys can help you with whether this will pass or be replaced . . .

MrsScooby said:
My DS 12 and DD(almost 9) and I got our start "pin trading" on the Wonder in 2002. The CMs in the stores were so pleasant to chat with and they were the ones that got us started.
My DS is somewhat annoyed with me because I have suggested he leave his gameboy at home. He mostly wants it for on the plane and the car ride to PC. For those of you who have older sons, do they outgrow this gameboy addiction or just replace it with something else ? :sad2:

Laurie

The Gameboy is outgrown. Now it's a laptop that goes everywhere.

Bill

Yup, he's already negotiating for the laptop.
My DH also thinks I should lighten up as far as the gameboy is concerned. I'll probably cave in and let him bring the gameboy for the plane and car trip and then confiscate it for the rest of the trip.

Laurie

bellelinus said:
Thanks for the advice about the Residence Inn, Bill! Be sure and tell me how this worked for you after you get back from your first cruise (lucky you!) in June.

Won't be able to let you know since we wound up booking the Hyatt Grand Cypress for the June cruise.

emmabelle said:
I wish I could get the airfare set, SW will probably just open up the dates to July 31, so I'll have to wait again. I have a credit with them so I have to use them, I usually fly Song or Jetblue. Come on SW, I'm getting anxious.

The flights opened up on Southwest yesterday for your August dates.
Good Luck!

Bill

The Cypress looks great -- hope you enjoy it, Bill. I'm still waiting a while longer to see if a deal comes out for my hotel the few days before the cruise. I'll have a rental car, so it doesn't matter so much if I am right at SeaWorld/Discovery Cove.

S.S.Oceanlover said:
The flights opened up on Southwest yesterday for your August dates.
Good Luck!

Bill

Got my flights, had to pay more than I wanted, $261 per person for August, yikes! :scared1: A $100 more pp than I thought I would've had to pay for hurricane season. We are getting the free dining though and added a night at the Beach Club, so all is good. :thumbsup2

emmabelle said:
Got my flights, had to pay more than I wanted, $261 per person for August, yikes! A $100 more pp than I thought I would've had to pay for hurricane season. We are getting the free dining though and added a night at the Beach Club, so all is good.

That stinks. I guess with the fuel cost so high they have to pass the cost on to us to stay in business. :sad2: I hope you have a wonderful trip! :woohoo:

bellelinus said:
The Cypress looks great -- hope you enjoy it, Bill. I'm still waiting a while longer to see if a deal comes out for my hotel the few days before the cruise. I'll have a rental car, so it doesn't matter so much if I am right at SeaWorld/Discovery Cove.

The Grand Cypress looks awesome. It is way more than I'd ever book if I had to pay full price. We got it for $100 a night. We'll have a car also. I gotta get to Sonnys BBQ Pit while I'm in Orlando. :smooth:

Bill

Bill, where did you find Grand Cypress for $100? That's the kind of deal I am waiting for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter