August 23, 2014 FANTASY Eastern cruise meet~~New Thread

For those going to Hawaii I am so jealous. I would love to go there, sadly the airfare is just too expensive.

I've just been looking to see if there are any new cabins in my 5e category and all of the interior and oceanview appear to have sold out. I hope no one has bought a job lot.

On a brighter note we're off to Barcelona on Saturday for DH's 50th birthday. I'll be glad of some warmer temps, freezing here in the UK at the moment.

I believe we are already trying to put that together...have had a lot of interest...may have to do more than one session

Mindy - is this going to be for Tink's clients only, or open to the disboard group?
We would enjoy as many mixology classes as you can arrange :lmao::drinking1:rotfl2:

Really dont know if anything was formally decided. But there are enough people on the boards that are interested putting together a group shouldnt be an issue. Im going to ask on my med cruise when I board if they would do one for a group of us.

I haven't read through the thread. But, I will go back and do it.

Just go home this morning from our 8 night Magic cruise. We drove 23 hours Galveston to Detroit.

We booked this cruise on board.

Christi
Erik- DH (Blue Marlin)
Matt- 16
Marina- 13

I was looking over some of the names. I think I have sailed with a few of you before.

Christi.

Just go home this morning from our 8 night Magic cruise. We drove 23 hours Galveston to Detroit.

Christi
Erik- DH (Blue Marlin)
Matt- 16
Marina- 13

I was looking over some of the names. I think I have sailed with a few of you before.

Christi.

Were you on the Alaska cruise Aug 2011?

Christi
Erik- DH (Blue Marlin)
Matt- 16
Marina- 13

Christi.

Were you on the Alaska cruise Aug 2011?

You did cruise with us in Alaska. Your husband got along well with ours.....I seem to remember quite a few quips interchanged on the group FB page!

You did cruise with us in Alaska. Your husband got along well with ours.....I seem to remember quite a few quips interchanged on the group FB page!

Christi,

Actually Kim's right...I talked with Erik on FB prior to you going on this last cruise and I told him about how a bunch of us were going on the 8/23 cruise. He said he needed to check with the "boss"

Christi,

Actually Kim's right...I talked with Erik on FB prior to you going on this last cruise and I told him about how a bunch of us were going on the 8/23 cruise. He said he needed to check with the "boss"

We just decided to book this. We have a deposit on a Baltic cruise for 8/9/14, we will need to cancel. After pricing airfare and excursions, we were a sticker shocked.

The kids told us that they would go to Europe but just wanted to hang out on the ship with their new friends. So, we decided to save the $$$ and book this cruise.

I was not ready to get off the ship yesterday. The weather was great, just 2 nights that were stormy.

Christi

mindelmouse said:
Christi,

Always important to confirm with the social coordinator. Glad to be on board with some old friends.

Mr's Merrill and Sheldon, so we meet again ( in best kung fu movie voice)

I am in for Mixology. Only tasting I have not done yet. The cognac tasting with Ivo on Magic was way better than the 2011 Wonder.

Always important to confirm with the social coordinator. Glad to be on board with some old friends.

Mr's Merrill and Sheldon, so we meet again ( in best kung fu movie voice)

I am in for Mixology. Only tasting I have not done yet. The cognac tasting with Ivo on Magic was way better than the 2011 Wonder.

Ahhh....Now I remember...You all did that tasting together.....your memory is far better than mine.

For those going to Hawaii I am so jealous. I would love to go there, sadly the airfare is just too expensive.

I've just been looking to see if there are any new cabins in my 5e category and all of the interior and oceanview appear to have sold out. I hope no one has bought a job lot.

On a brighter note we're off to Barcelona on Saturday for DH's 50th birthday. I'll be glad of some warmer temps, freezing here in the UK at the moment.

Something is up with this cruise date. All the sailings preceeding 8/23 and after 8/23 have lots of stateroom categories available, but not 8/23. I'm guessing a large block of rooms have been "reserved" for some group purpose. That does not bode well for us if this is a large group. The cruise could become "all about them". Hope I am wrong. Has anyone heard anything?

Something is up with this cruise date. All the sailings preceeding 8/23 and after 8/23 have lots of stateroom categories available, but not 8/23. I'm guessing a large block of rooms have been "reserved" for some group purpose. That does not bode well for us if this is a large group. The cruise could become "all about them". Hope I am wrong. Has anyone heard anything?

8/23 is the start of low season. It is usually cheaper. Plus, it is the last week to sail before school starts. In the state of Michigan, we start school the Wed. after Labor Day.

In NY...we are not going back to school until the week after Labor Day due to the Jewish Holidays where I live. So many places start before Labor Day. I think everyone who starts later is "Jumping on board." That is how we usually end up traveling this time of year.
Have a great one,
Kathy

Our first Fantasy cruise was last August too (8/25). We are from SI originally and my folks live in NJ currently.

Oh! You got on when we got off. We were 8/18. I had only cruised Celebrity before and this by far was much better (though Celebrity was still good). Bigger staterooms, the newness of the ship, the ENFORCED adult areas :)

Where in NJ do your parents live? I'm from the Red Bank area near the beginning of the shore but have since transplanted closer to work at Rutgers in New Brunswick (yeah yeah yeah - the basketball coach stuff...)

We are on this cruise! Cant wait!!

Myself (Lisa) aka Annabug, my DH, (Anthony), Our DD, Anna (9), DS, (5)

We have previously sailed on the Dream June 2012. LOVED IT!

We are excited for the eastern ports.excursions!

Would like to join the FB page if possible!

We are on this cruise! Cant wait!!

Myself (Lisa) aka Annabug, my DH, (Anthony), Our DD, Anna (9), DS, (5)

We have previously sailed on the Dream June 2012. LOVED IT!

We are excited for the eastern ports.excursions!

Would like to join the FB page if possible!

Welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter