August 21 through August 28th at VGF

MissSha

...and all was right with the world
Hello there! Just back from 8 days at The Villas at Grand Floridian, and I'll give you a very brief idea of how things appeared to my DH and me:

*note* these are facts, not complaints. So please do not respond with how lucky we are to simply be there. Remember.....this is a very expensive trip with little to no discounts for discounted services. I understand cast members are tired, but working in a hospital during a loooooooooooong pandemic, so am I.

ENTERPRISE RENTAL CAR pick up/return at MCO: couldn't have been easier! Literally 5 minutes TOPS each time! Don't cry over the loss of Magical Express folks! Rental cars are a game changer!
PARKS: Crowds were relatively low, and most attractions were a walk on.
CONSTRUCTION: the rush to complete several construction projects for the 50th anniversary is a mess, particularly at EPCOT. Also feel bad for those staying at The Contemporary right now! Tarps and construction noise a-plenty!
CAST MEMBERS: it used to be that the occasional indifferent cast member was the exception, but now the fantastic cast member experience is! Many CMs seem tired and indifferent. A few were actually rude.
MOUSE KEEPING: non-existent. There is a card in your bathroom that "trash and towel" service will happen in DVC villas day four. We ran into a Mouse Keeper in the hall, who told us this would happen every three days, but this is what happened instead: Your room is entered/checked every single day for security, and someone did empty the trash each day. Towels were never replaced, however, and coffee/toiletries/toilet paper were not restocked. We had to call down several times for these items.
CHECK IN: We did check in online, and I received a text at 4:05 pm that my room was NOT ready, and I would be updated in 45 minutes. This update never came, and we were getting close to a 7:00 pm dining reservation so I went to the front desk, who said our room had been ready all along (silly me didn't check my emails as well, where I was notified of this. I assumed the update would have come by text as the first notice did). I DID get a text that my room was ready.....24 hours later!

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.....

I think the "mousekeeping" varies quite a bit. Probably related to your comment about CMs in general.

We had a split stay so wouldn't qualify for housekeeping at either hotel, but when I called to find out where the trash room was (I figured there must be a place!) I was told you could put the bag outside your room as there were no public facilities. (This was Boardwalk.)

Basically I forgot to do it right then, and within 30 minutes, 2 people showed up and got my trash plus asked if I needed anything else so we were able to get towels and TP, etc. So that pleasantly surprised me because they literally came up after the call looking for the bag and then they knocked and made sure we were all set.

Anywho - I was pleased with my CM experience, but I've heard plenty of other stories. I think it's like all things in life - some people have a great attitude all the time and some are more inconsistent. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter