• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2021 - will I be going ?

Sorry @chrish2 , I completely misread your post. Wasn't paying attention, got distracted by the pretty graph. You were saying how high the uk take up was compared to USA, not suggesting that we might follow their take up pattern. Apologies

We had a booking late July Aug. I have just cancelled earlier this week . I am still open to grabbing something last minute .but the whole thing was stressing me out and that's a rubbish way to start the holiday .

Plus our business / income has been reduced and I already had less spending money saved than I wanted so didn't want to be stuck in the position of needing and extra £1000+ for covid tests . None of us r vaccinated yet . I know they are pushing for cheaper testing 🤞 so hopefully once the official travel rules and quarantine are announced I can rebudget and hopefully grab a last min bargain Oct / Nov time

I cancelled our late August booking for same reason, decided to go for last minute if things improved. Still just waiting on last deposit back, hopefully this week! We are in Ireland and dont think our 18 year old will be vaccinated in time and it is too stressful for that amount of money to have 5 people testing with potentially 3 of them unvaccinated. Never mind the stress of actually travelling whilst unvaccinated or being called for vaccination at that time. Might try a week in Europe early September and also have a deposit down for Xmas in Florida in case

So the US isn't one of the countries on the green list of countries announced today - that means the earliest they could get added is 7 June. Glad I moved my July trip now.

I got an email from Floridatix basically saying a Florida holiday is still ‚very much on the cards‘ for this year. Do they have the gift of foresight?
I guess we will find out eventually :teeth:

Until the USA Presidential Executive Order which bans non essential travel of UK citizens into USA is lifted, The USA will not be on The UK green list.

Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Non-Immigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus Disease

Last Update 25th January 2021

The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of noncitizens who were physically present within the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe), the Republic of Ireland, and the Federative Republic of Brazil during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States, is hereby suspended

Until the USA Presidential Executive Order which bans non essential travel of UK citizens into USA is lifted, The USA will not be on The UK green list.
Sorry but that's not correct.
The list is purely those countries you won't need to do quarantine on return, based on their infection rates (and possibly variants there). It doesn't mean you will be able to visit them.
Australia and NZ are on the list and I'm pretty sure they won't let us in at present.

Even when the PEO is lifted the USA might still not be on our green list.

The green list is very odd and I am puzzled by the rationale (or lack of it). I wonder what Wales will do.

The green list tonight is just a very small starting point, I still believe the UK government does not want us travelling anywhere in the world until ALL the Uk adult
population has at least 1 Covid vaccine, which makes total sense to me, one travel expert said he expected less countries on this green list so he believes it’s a great starting point for us all !!

The green list is very odd and I am puzzled by the rationale (or lack of it). I wonder what Wales will do.
It's just a symptom of the complete lack of international agreement about travel.
Every country will set it's own rules and where they mesh with another country's ... Yay! (If it's somewhere you want to go of course.)

As to the four 'nations' of the UK each setting their own rules ... er ... :confused3
Presumably if any other country has a 'list' each of our four would be separately rated ... which could get very interesting. :rotfl2:

I love the green list!
All those Atlantic islands you can only get to by boat from South Africa, The Falklands which costs just £2222 per person from Brieze Norton, various countries who will definitely not let us in this year and Gibraltar.

It's the cleverest thing the current government has done.

Even if the US moves to green and ESTA is reinstated the constant fear of things changing at a moment's notice bothers me too much to book at the moment. What if the US decides we must quarantine on arrival? Holiday over. What if the UK government changes the rules during our trip and i have to quarantine on return? I have to take it as unpaid leave or use even more annual leave. As desperate as i am to go abroad, i fear another year of staycations.

We are just getting around doing anything by not opening Cardiff airport. Means we don't have to set any rules at all on travel
There are aeroplanes flying in and out of Cardiff airport. An awful lot of BA aeroplanes seem to be parked there.

Even if the US moves to green and ESTA is reinstated the constant fear of things changing at a moment's notice bothers me too much to book at the moment. What if the US decides we must quarantine on arrival? Holiday over. What if the UK government changes the rules during our trip and i have to quarantine on return? I have to take it as unpaid leave or use even more annual leave. As desperate as i am to go abroad, i fear another year of staycations.
The quarantine on arrival in US would be a deal breaker, but UK gov have said that countries won't all of a sudden change category and that there will be watchlists available of countries in danger of changing from green to amber etc. so would have at least a few weeks of warning.

There are aeroplanes flying in and out of Cardiff airport. An awful lot of BA aeroplanes seem to be parked there.

The airport itself isn't open though from my understanding. They may well be using the airport to store planes and or for cargo but passenger travel isn't open

The airport itself isn't open though from my understanding. They may well be using the airport to store planes and or for cargo but passenger travel isn't open
I understand that there are still ‘essential’ /business flights leaving, particularly to Amsterdam and various Spanish airports.

I understand that there are still ‘essential’ /business flights leaving, particularly to Amsterdam and various Spanish airports.

Fair enough but Wales Online definitely claimed it was closed :D My source of info is very skewed as you can tell! Last week they published something saying that the airport wasn't reopening and that this was how Mark D was controlling international travel so I just took it as read

The quarantine on arrival in US would be a deal breaker, but UK gov have said that countries won't all of a sudden change category and that there will be watchlists available of countries in danger of changing from green to amber etc. so would have at least a few weeks of warning.
Yes I did read that, but they also put in a caveat as follows:

The government warns it will not ‘hesitate to act immediately should data show countries’ risk ratings have changed’ meaning travellers could also face disruption this year.

This gives them the option of changing the status at short notice, so it's still too risky for me sadly. I should have visited twice this year, so it's devastating for both to be cancelled. April 2022 is our next planned date, fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter