August 2021 - will I be going ?

Virgin have cancelled all US flights up until the 22nd August, our flight is the 30, so I expect to get the cancellation email next week.

I'd say August is definitely gone, September probably too.

My fingers are crossed for a good outcome...

Me too. Even if it's not the news we're all hoping for, just some sort of update would help a lot of people what to do next with their possible trips on whether to persevere or cancel.

omg, just reading that Reuters article has made me all emotional, goodness I really expected not to be able to travel before November.
Aww, I feel a bit like this I must admit. Like I know nothing has technically been announced but even just that glimmer of hope with a possible update is much needed for us all right now.

Aww, I feel a bit like this I must admit. Like I know nothing has technically been announced but even just that glimmer of hope with a possible update is much needed for us all right now.

exactly, for over a year, all the conversations with my USA friends, on my next trip lets do xyz, but the not knowing when that trip will be so its just someday, when I get back has been so hard.

My fingers are crossed for a good outcome...
It's still vague ... "He said he expects to be able to answer "within the next several days what is likely to happen... I'm waiting to hear from our folks in our COVID team as to when that should be done." " ... but it would be nice to at least have an idea of what the plan is (or at least that there is a plan :) ).
I can understand their reticence though. From the same article ""It has to be a sustainable decision. It is certainly not sensible to have to take it back after only a few days," Merkel said." When you look at what has been happening with our very own traffic light system and having four countries with different rules and timings within the UK, then you can see how that could play out for the USA with 50 states already applying their own twist on things. They do need to get it right.

Here's hoping.

Sooo what's everybody thinking about Xmas 🤣 open ? Or will it have opened and then closed again ?

Sooo what's everybody thinking about Xmas 🤣 open ? Or will it have opened and then closed again ?
Only my opinion, I feel like once they open the borders, they'll remain open. I also can't see them going on the red list from the UK end, either stay as amber or be moved to green as their vaccines rates are pretty good. Again, just my thoughts 😀 x

I'd put money on the UK turning into COVID island shortly after our 'Freedom Day ' 😂🤦🏻 No chance the US will let us in for a good few months in my opinion. Other parts of Europe perhaps, but definitley not the UK

I'd put money on the UK turning into COVID island shortly after our 'Freedom Day ' 😂🤦🏻 No chance the US will let us in for a good few months in my opinion. Other parts of Europe perhaps, but definitley not the UK

I also thought this, something I’m trying to suppress in my mind :rotfl2:

Our September trip is our 'backup' trip from last June. I also now have a 'backup backup' for July 2022. 😂 If you didnt laugh you'd cry 🤷‍♂️

I've been saying since last year that our next trip was planned for Aug '22 and I wasn't convinced it would happen. There's been very little our gov't has done that has encouraged me that it will happen. The early vaccine rollout gave me hope, but that has long since evaporated.

I don't have to make any decisions for a bit because flights for Aug '22 won't be available for another 6 weeks or so, but, honestly, I can see us not making that trip.

The optimism of people holding out for a trip next month is admirable. I don't have that level of optimism in me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter