August 2021 - Who's ready for HUMIDITY?

We're staying at BLT for our August trip! :) First-timers. Have any tips on BLT?
We stayed there last Aug/Sept. Absolutely loved it. I love being within walking distance to MK. It'll be so nice now that PH is back too! So far, BLT and YC have been out favorite resorts.

We are going to be first time August visitors this year! We have been during spring break for the last 8 Years (minus last year of course) but decided we need our Disney fix. I am a little nervous about the heat but since we've been so often and my kids are older we are going to go with the flow and just enjoy being in our happy place!

We are doing a split stay at BLT and BC, but I'm debating on switching to the Boardwalk. We've stayed at both BLT and BC before but I was considering BWV since it would be a little closer to HS which I know we will be spending alot of time at. Anyhow, to the previous poster who asked about BLT we love it! The smell, the location, the quick service, all of it we just love so much! I know some people don't like how it lacks a Disney feel but for us it is perfect. :)

We‘re also going to be 1st time August visitors this year. My children are homeschooled so we’ve always gone during the schoolyear. Unfortunately with COVID, our plans to go to Disney last May got cancelled when the park closed and those points were going to expire August 31st, so it was a use it or lose it situation. My teenage boys are not early birds, so rope drops are going to be brutal but hopefully we‘ll be good with pool and naps In the afternoons. Staying at the Beach Club Villas this year, when we usually stay Bay Lake tower. Rooms look a little more dated but you can’t beat the closeness to Studios.

BLT is our home and love staying there. Hopefully Epcot monorail will be running by August. We are doing a studio stay at Saratoga and actually like them also for the convenience to Disney Springs. Restaurants are so much better now. Looking forward to the Boo bash. Still worth going to in the heat.

Well my DH did it. He came up to me yesterday while I was preparing for the grandchildren's dance recital (4 dancers). He said we need to get away, it has been 3 years, book a trip for mid August. So we booked CSR for August 17th - 22nd. It has been a horrible year, loss of his mother, we both were tested for Covid in January, missing friends and family for so long. We been have been vaccinated, are retired now. So for us so this is so deserved. Time for some pixie dust. and magic. :tink::earsgirl::earsboy:

Booked for Animal Kingdom Kidani for our first Disney trip with our kids. Never have stayed at Disney Resort and first time in over 2 decades that the wife and I have been to Disney. We live in South Carolina, so hopefully we are accustomed to some of the Humidity.

Hi. We are booked in August 2021. We go every year mid-august except 2020:sad: and you need to be prepared for the heat but we manage. We do the parks early or late to try an avoid the mid day heat. We stay at the Polynesian every year and already have reservations for our 2021 trip.

What time of August do you visit? I’m looking to go Last two weeks of August because I heard less crowds but have also heard that it was getting busier?
What’s your take? I’m torn between Late August 2022 - 2weeks or Early September 2022 (after Labor Day) 2weeks!

I’m torn between Late August 2022 - 2weeks or Early September 2022 (after Labor Day) 2weeks!

I've never been in early September but history tells me that is the least crowded time to go. Many schools don't start until after Labor Day (in New England anyway) so you'd still find summer vacationers in late August. I'm a teacher so early September is my plan for retirement!

What time of August do you visit? I’m looking to go Last two weeks of August because I heard less crowds but have also heard that it was getting busier?
What’s your take? I’m torn between Late August 2022 - 2weeks or Early September 2022 (after Labor Day) 2weeks!
We always go the second week. In the past by the end of the week it would always seem to get less crowded because a lot of people would leave for kids going back to school. If I could choose I would do the 3rd or 4th week. If you don’t have to worry about kids missing school I would wait until schools start. We weren’t able to go last year and even if we had I don’t think we could compare trips as far as crowds go. In years past it still feels a little crowded but manageable and what we expect. We always have had fast passes, an early morning event and a fireworks dessert party all booked. We leave in about a month and have none of these things are available so Im hoping it won’t feel too crowded but who knows! 🤪

We go mid-late August. It's definitely hot and humid. We always make a dining reservation around 3:00 to get out of the heat and into some air-conditioning. Mini-portable fans, cooling towels, ice water.....all help!

We go mid-late August. It's definitely hot and humid. We always make a dining reservation around 3:00 to get out of the heat and into some air-conditioning. Mini-portable fans, cooling towels, ice water.....all help!

That sounds awesome!
What are the park hours like during mid-late August?

One of the reasons I’m worried about Mid-September is the possibility of the parks closing earlier and not being able to have an enjoyable evening as we’d be breaking around 1/2 to go back to the hotel for a rest!

I love the parks late and in the dark when things cool off—I’m hoping that 3-4th week of August would have pretty moderate crowds but also later park hours.
Are the late hours comparable to September?

Thanks for your help!

That sounds awesome!
What are the park hours like during mid-late August?

One of the reasons I’m worried about Mid-September is the possibility of the parks closing earlier and not being able to have an enjoyable evening as we’d be breaking around 1/2 to go back to the hotel for a rest!

I love the parks late and in the dark when things cool off—I’m hoping that 3-4th week of August would have pretty moderate crowds but also later park hours.
Are the late hours comparable to September?

Thanks for your help!
For August, the posted park times are MK 9-9, Epcot 11-9, AK 8-6, and HS 9-9.
The crowds towards the end of August are typically lighter due to most southern states have gone back to school already.
Hope I helped!

Hi guys!! If anyone will be at any of the following resorts this month, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me to post on the Recreation Calendar Thread, please? I also have a bunch of August calendars already, if anyone is interested! Have fun and thanks!!

• Art of Animation Resort
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Saratoga Springs Resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter