August 2021 - Who's ready for HUMIDITY?

Jolly9

Earning my beers
DVC Silver
August 2021 trip planners!! You ready for some heat and humidity? I've never been to WDW in the dead of Summer so why not try it during a pandemic? Lol. [Don't mind me - I'm new here]

In all seriousness, I'm very excited to start planning a trip for next August. My fiance and I are planning our December 2021 WDW wedding and are going to make a visit in the Summer to get things squared away. Where is everyone staying? Any tips for beating the heat/sweat/ick?

August 2021 trip planners!! You ready for some heat and humidity? I've never been to WDW in the dead of Summer so why not try it during a pandemic? Lol. [Don't mind me - I'm new here]

In all seriousness, I'm very excited to start planning a trip for next August. My fiance and I are planning our December 2021 WDW wedding and are going to make a visit in the Summer to get things squared away. Where is everyone staying? Any tips for beating the heat/sweat/ick?
Hi. We are booked in August 2021. We go every year mid-august except 2020:sad: and you need to be prepared for the heat but we manage. We do the parks early or late to try an avoid the mid day heat. We stay at the Polynesian every year and already have reservations for our 2021 trip.

We are going in August, 2021 as well. We’ve only been in August once before, but are seasoned summer travelers. It’s actually our favorite time of year to travel. It’s soooooo hot and humid, but as a previous poster stated, get up early and head to a park, go back to the resort to rest and swim, and then head back out to a park. On a few occasions we’ve also spent most of the day by the pool and headed into a park later in the day, like 4:00 or 5:00. If you have to be in the parks during the hottest part of the day, plan time to ride indoor rides or make an ADR so you can sit down inside and cool off. Another way we like to beat the heat is to go to the water parks. They are so much fun!

Enjoy your trip!

Hi August friends! My husband and I take our two little ones in August every year (minus 2020 of course), and we find it to be totally manageable with the heat. Honestly, I have been in September several times, and it seems much worse. Here are my tips for beating the heat when you don't want to head back to the hotel: tanks, shorts, and Birkenstocks are our preferred attire, even a t-shirt is too much to handle in August; no makeup and no drying your hair... the sweat will ruin that anyway; everyone gets their own misting fan; and take frequent breaks wherever you are... stop in an air conditioned attraction, sit down in the shade for a cocktail, stop and eat a frozen treat to cool down. You will have a blast! I have my fingers crossed that crowds will be manageable this year and some things will be back to normal! 🤞

We just booked for August 2021! After canceling a disneyland trip for last year that we moved to a later World trip and cancelled again. Hoping this one we will feel safe to travel again! I've always gone in the summer, never mind the great to much. Just take a mid day break in the pool. My son FINALLY reached 48" and is SO EXCITED he can go on EVERYTHING now!!!

We're considering adding an August 2021 trip as we actually like that time of year (strange, I know). We've gone in August a few times before and we find pacing ourselves and taking midday breaks is the way to go. We've always stayed at the Poly in August but I'm checking out multiple options right now (including BC, which we stayed at last January).

We're considering adding an August 2021 trip as we actually like that time of year (strange, I know). We've gone in August a few times before and we find pacing ourselves and taking midday breaks is the way to go. We've always stayed at the Poly in August but I'm checking out multiple options right now (including BC, which we stayed at last January).

We are booked at the BC the first two weeks in August. I think the BC is a great resort for a summer trip. SAB cannot be beat!

We'll be there mid August! It is hot, but not unmanageable. We leave lots of time to swim, stay hydrated, and book a Table Service ADR for lunch so we're guaranteed a relatively low stress lunch with a guaranteed table and some AC. Don't try to cram too much into a day, and my best advice is that if people (including kids) aren't having fun, then leave, let everyone decompress, and try again in a couple of hours.

We are booked at the BC the first two weeks in August. I think the BC is a great resort for a summer trip. SAB cannot be beat!

I was willing to try BC again but in an effort to simply get my husband on board, I acquiesced and we’re going to stay at the Poly again. So, it looks like we’re in for a fun, hot August visit.

I was willing to try BC again but in an effort to simply get my husband on board, I acquiesced and we’re going to stay at the Poly again. So, it looks like we’re in for a fun, hot August visit.

Nice! We love the Poly, too! It’s actually my favorite resort but everyone else in my family likes the BC more. We have done a split stay between the BC and Poly a few times over the years. We might do another split stay between the two this summer, but we are waiting until if/when more discounts are released to decide for sure. The rooms will be nice and new at the Poly, which is an added bonus!

We go every year in August. It’s extra exciting for us because we’ve always just gone through a two month Disney deficit due to blackout dates on our passes. It’s so humid it’s hard to breathe and it’s a guarantee your clothes will be wet from sweat or an afternoon shower. The plus is that the crowd levels have dropped and afternoon pool breaks are a welcome relief. Picking a resort with a great pool is important (YC/BC or Poly are our favs). It’s also the only time of year I’ll pay extra for a preferred room if staying at a Mod where walking outside is required.

Just booked a back up for my sept trip that I may have to cancel . Late august WL . I have been in sept a few times and I am from Georgia so I am ok with the heat and humidity .

We usually do April but are going to give August a try this year. Any advice? Think 3rd week is better than 2nd week in terms of crowds? I'm worried that a lot of us who postponed 2020 trips will try to get there this summer.

Its DW, DS (15), DD (15). We are planning on the S/D and using Marriott Points.

We usually do April but are going to give August a try this year. Any advice? Think 3rd week is better than 2nd week in terms of crowds? I'm worried that a lot of us who postponed 2020 trips will try to get there this summer.

We go every year (except last year) in August and we’re stuck having to do the second week. If we could choose, and it was normal year we would go a little later. It seems like like crowds get a little lighter due to some parts of the country going back to school. But that could all be different this year, I’m preparing for craziness. We are booked already and will just be happy to be back!

I agree that the third week would definitely be better than the second. We will be there for both but hoping the crowds get more manageable as our trip progresses. I have the same worry that it will be quite crowded with everyone making rescheduled trips. However, I also have hope that the heat will keep some people away.🤞

I'm officially IN for August 16-20th at the Swan! This is the fourth time rescheduling, but it feels good to have officially booked flights and hotel. Already have tix from last April's canceled trip.

We are august visitors too! Our first time in OKW this year. Usually we are BLT. We are very excited to try a new resort and enjoy our magical place!

We are august visitors too! Our first time in OKW this year. Usually we are BLT. We are very excited to try a new resort and enjoy our magical place!
We're staying at BLT for our August trip! :) First-timers. Have any tips on BLT?

Tentative trip planned for lateish August with an 8.5 month old. Are we crazy? Is that too young for August heat/humidity in Orlando? We understand we may need to trek back to the resort from ~12-5pm each day to avoid the worst of it.

We're staying at BLT for our August trip! :) First-timers. Have any tips on BLT?

We watched the water pageant show every night from our balcony. The walkway is just amazing to MK. Love the shops. You are going to be so in love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter