*August 2019 check in*

It will be down August 26-September 5 according to some cast members I overheard talking about their schedules! They were discussing when they should plan a vacation. Of course, this isn't quite official information, lol, but it seems logical. I guess we will see!
8/26 info & hours are up on the DL website and if you look under attractions it says HM goes down that day. It still isn’t showing up if you just click on the calendar date though.
From another thread about the HM Halloween overlay installation -- looks like we finally have some unofficial and official news on the overlay dates.

Hi All-- Im sorry if this was already confirmed, but it looks like Halloween "opens" on Sep 6... Does this mean HM will be for Labor day weekend? are there any other closures to expect?
HM will be down for the installation of the NBC overlay from 8/26 - 9/05. It will reopen for the start of Halloween Time on 9/06. HM closes every year toward the end of August for the Halloween overlay installation and returns for the start of Halloween Time.

HM will be down for the installation of the NBC overlay from 8/26 - 9/05. It will reopen for the start of Halloween Time on 9/06. HM closes every year toward the end of August for the Halloween overlay installation and returns for the start of Halloween Time.

Thanks for the information! At least we'll get to see the mansion on our trip the couple days we're there prior to the D23 Expo...

We'll be there 8/28-91. I knew it would almost certainly be down while we're there, but was hoping against hope it wouldn't. HM is my son's favorite ride and he'll be bummed he's missing it.

Getting down to it and trying to decide if it is really worth $110 for park hoppers..... We've been there so many times that if we don't get to do something, it won't be the end of the world.

Also need to decide if we're going into the park on Thursday. We'll get to the hotel after 5, gotta check in for the Haunted Mansion party, then dinner and maybe rest before getting back to the park around midnight......

Getting down to it and trying to decide if it is really worth $110 for park hoppers..... We've been there so many times that if we don't get to do something, it won't be the end of the world.

Also need to decide if we're going into the park on Thursday. We'll get to the hotel after 5, gotta check in for the Haunted Mansion party, then dinner and maybe rest before getting back to the park around midnight......

All these decisions.... I always try to keep my table service meals to a min for more flexibility.. Now I have something for each day and need to figure out what we don't NEED to have haha..

I would prob skip your first day since you doing the party.. have a nice dinner and rest up for the fun!!! We always get park hoppers just so we can jump back and forth for the night shows etc or if one park gets to busy etc.

Hi Folks - Just booked a quick last minute trip (by my obsessive planning standards anyway) for July 31 - August 3rd.
Our family had a change of plans due to my rising middle schooler's orientation week. We're now going 8/27-9/1.

We, WDW vets, are going to DL 8/10 & 8/13-16, so very excited!!
We'll be there from August 20th through 27th for the parks and expo...
August 16- 19!!
The kids and I are booked at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort Monday 8/12 to Friday 8/16. We still have to decide where to stay Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th.
We just decided to put together a last minute weekend trip for my husband's 52nd Birthday!! :bday:
Friday Aug. 9th thru Sunday Aug. 11th
The three of us are arriving 8/14 evening and departing 8/18 afternoon.
Checking in! Solo trip from the 8-11.

We will be there August 1st through 5th.
I'll be there August 6-8.

Whew, that was a lot of people to add to the list! I *think* I have added everyone but please let me know if I missed you!

see you there - I'm driving down Thursday am (I'll leave around 5am) I'll probably do a few hours in the park - I'm thinking riding Soaring & Mickey's philharmagic, pick up merchandise for Haunted Mansion event then head back to the hotel for hopefully a few hours of sleep. Then line back up at night for the event. I'm leaving Friday wide open cause I have no idea what being up all night is going to do to me (11pm is a late night for me!). But I'm hoping to get back in the park in the evening to see the Electric LIght Parade and fireworks on Friday

I just booked a spontaneous August trip with my sisters ( and no kids are coming!!!!). I went earlier this year with kids + extended family. It had rained 75% of the time which made it a bit more effort, but still a good time. I'm thrilled to go again adults-only. I'm hoping the lower crowd trend sticks!

If you want me to add you guys to the list, let me know your dates!

I just wanted to share with any fellow Canadians what I have found out. It is prob old news but it has saved me a couple dollars... If you shop at Real Canadian Superstore, loblaws, no frills or Shoppers (there are prob a few I am missing) but any store that uses PC Optimum Points. You can take those points and use them towards Disney Gift Cards. You do have to spend the same amount or more on grocery or other items. For example you spend $50 on groceries at the store get a $50 disney gift card you will pay $50 and ask to use 50,000 points or whatever you have.

I was able to get a couple of the $50 gift cards over the past few weeks. When I registered the gift cards last night the exchange rate was better than what I had gotten at the bank for us cash. It sounds like that is because there is no foreign transition percentage put on it to the exchange for the disney cards. I got $38.38 us for $50. It is sad to look at it that way but still better than the bank exchange on your credit card etc

I just wanted to share with any fellow Canadians what I have found out. It is prob old news but it has saved me a couple dollars... If you shop at Real Canadian Superstore, loblaws, no frills or Shoppers (there are prob a few I am missing) but any store that uses PC Optimum Points. You can take those points and use them towards Disney Gift Cards. You do have to spend the same amount or more on grocery or other items. For example you spend $50 on groceries at the store get a $50 disney gift card you will pay $50 and ask to use 50,000 points or whatever you have.

I was able to get a couple of the $50 gift cards over the past few weeks. When I registered the gift cards last night the exchange rate was better than what I had gotten at the bank for us cash. It sounds like that is because there is no foreign transition percentage put on it to the exchange for the disney cards. I got $38.38 us for $50. It is sad to look at it that way but still better than the bank exchange on your credit card etc

Great reminder for us Canadians! We have a no forex fee credit card through HomeTrust that we only use for buying things in foreign currency or when we travel outside of Canada.

Whew, that was a lot of people to add to the list! I *think* I have added everyone but please let me know if I missed you!

If you want me to add you guys to the list, let me know your dates!
I'll be there the 8th &9th. 2 full days of Disney + Haunted Mansion event.

I am expecting the crowd levels to soar after 8/19 when the AP blackouts start ending [...]. Before that though, maybe wait and see how it’s looking and decide day to day?
Yes, I absolutely expect crowds to surge after 8/19. We‘ll be going at the beginning of August though (July 30 through Aug 2, with Aug 3 being our pool/Downtown Disney day). I‘m currently logging wait times hourly for the weekdays we‘re planning to go to get a better idea of the crowd trends between now and then (I love numbers and statistics—I love doing the research leading up to our trips). I did notice that it’s NOT as mellow as it was just a few weeks ago. Today, for example, California Adventure was downright busy.

I‘ll see what I find out and will report back!

Yes, I absolutely expect crowds to surge after 8/19. We‘ll be going at the beginning of August though (July 30 through Aug 2, with Aug 3 being our pool/Downtown Disney day). I‘m currently logging wait times hourly for the weekdays we‘re planning to go to get a better idea of the crowd trends between now and then (I love numbers and statistics—I love doing the research leading up to our trips). I did notice that it’s NOT as mellow as it was just a few weeks ago. Today, for example, California Adventure was downright busy.

Sign me up

Love it! I enjoy numbers and stats too, so I’ll be interested to hear what you find :)

Our last three trips have been during relatively busy times, so I’ll be going in with my “parks are going to be a madhouse” mindset and plan to take advantage of MaxPass, single rider, EE/EMH, and not having any of my kids along so I can get through crowds like a tiny ninja (I’m 5’2 and can move fast, lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!