August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Paul. The weather here in CO is pretty wet and cold. Today was to get in the 60's but I don't think it did. Can't complain. With us being in a drought the last few years this is much needed moisture! Of course, with you in Oregon, you don't even know what a drought is!

From my conversations with a DCL CM -- and a TA, it doesn't appear that they would be able to change the actual ports at this point. It took them months of negotiations for port fees, licenses, etc. to dock at these ports. If they change a port or add one at this point, they would have to recoup the money somehow since it wasn't in the original cruise price quotes. That would mean passing the expenses onto us!

They may have just taken out the Panama Canal times because they are not sure when they will actually be going through there.

If they do end up making changes, I sure hope they don't eliminate Acapulco!

They can definitely change ports. It is still very early. I've been on cruises where they've changed ports much closer to the sailing date than a year.

Also, I will be taking names for the cruise exchange in around a month or so. Keep your eye out for interesting stuff if you want to take part in the exchange. I think we'll try to stay at around $20.

Basically you purchase around $20 of whatever you want that is cruise related that you think your exchangee might like. For example you might select a journal for them to write their memories in or one of those over the door shoe hangers. ANYTHING cruise related is fine. If you are interested you submit your name/address (kids can exchange too) and then I'll send you the name(s)/address(es) of who you are exchanging with. You won't know who is sending you your items until you receive them. It is really fun to see what everyone gets and it is nice to open a surprise gift.

Please don't send my your name yet because I'm also organizing a meet for 7/31 and I have a lot of PM's that I'm juggling.

Sandy - Another hot day here today. 104 degrees here at my house right now!:earseek: :earseek:

Well I'm off to a the Oregon/Washington DIS meet. I'm glad it's at a local brew pub with lots of cold brew!

Paul

I am surprised that some of you aren't too keen on San Diego....I have never been there and thought it would be nice to see....I just hope they do change the port of calls since i think there are too many Mexican ports, although i don't mind seeing Alcapulco, hope they leave that in...but again, it is OK if they don't change at all since i still will have a great time on the DCL for 14 nights!!

I have to share with you..... last night we took a ride in Cape May, NJ (we are still here vacationing in Wildwood, NJ) and took a walked on the beach and my 2 kids was asked by a member in the Kiwanis Club to participate in the "Lowering the Flag" Ceremony that night and my DD (11) right away said, "Sure, i have experience!!" meaning from the Wilderness Lodge Flag Ceremony. LOL!!! My kids felt honored!! It was nice and they indeed lowered the US flag and got a certificate and a small US flag....Very very nice....

I will be going home tomorrow,,,it is raining and cold here today but that is OK since i am beach out anyway. Got enough sun!!

Paul,

Leaving kinda early aren't you? Plan on drinking a few before I get there?:drinking1

We will see you there! If you get there early the reservation is under my first name. Outside seating for 20 people.

How's this for an idea for a Dis meet during one of our stops?...Mark

49-hawaii.jpg

Originally posted by Bmwdsny
I am surprised that some of you aren't too keen on San Diego....I have never been there and thought it would be nice to see....I just hope they do change the port of calls since i think there are too many Mexican ports, although i don't mind seeing Alcapulco, hope they leave that in...but again, it is OK if they don't change at all since i still will have a great time on the DCL for 14 nights!!

I have to share with you..... last night we took a ride in Cape May, NJ (we are still here vacationing in Wildwood, NJ) and took a walked on the beach and my 2 kids was asked by a member in the Kiwanis Club to participate in the "Lowering the Flag" Ceremony that night and my DD (11) right away said, "Sure, i have experience!!" meaning from the Wilderness Lodge Flag Ceremony. LOL!!! My kids felt honored!! It was nice and they indeed lowered the US flag and got a certificate and a small US flag....Very very nice....

I will be going home tomorrow,,,it is raining and cold here today but that is OK since i am beach out anyway. Got enough sun!!

So cool! DD was chosen two years ago and also received a cert and was very honored. We didn't know they did the ceremony at the end of the promenade because we usually go to Sunset Beach for their ceremony. It is very touching and the participants are chosen well in advance, usually family members of the flag recipients. But the Kiwanis seem to choose spur of the moment and that was very cool. So glad your kids got to do it. Memories are made one moment at a time.

Originally posted by jiminyC_fan
Today was to get in the 60's but I don't think it did.

59 degrees for the high today! This has been one weird summer. Looking forward to seeing some sun, drought notwithstanding. We still went swimming--indoors!

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this with you. I got home very late last night and saw that we had a message on our answering machine. It was Grumbo calling on Sarah's (maleficent59) cell phone from Disneyland. Grumbo's family and Sarah's family had hooked up together for a fun day at Disneyland on Saturday.

Hey Grumbo, sorry I wasn't home to receive your call, but I really did enjoy the message you left. From the e-mail that I got from Sarah overnight, it appears that Grumbo drove by all the Costco's he could find, waving at each of them as his dear wife had her nose pressed against the car window. What some men won't do to torture their wives.

Enjoy the rest of your trip Grumbo and Family!!!

If they change a port, I hope they change it to Costa Rica. We had such a great time there. We went on a jungle boat tour and saw some really cool animals. They also sell great handmade puzzle boxes. I wish I had gotten more of them when we were there. We had the BEST fresh pineapple ever and fresh coconut after the tour.

I went to check my ressie on DCL and all they show is a confirmation that I have a ressie, nothing else!

The Plot Thickens!

Scratch
pirate:

Would Jamacia be to far out of the way for us to go there. I've been but DH and DD haven't. I would love to do the Dunns River Falls again.

I was worring the other day about not only paying for this cruise but our onboard charges. I decided to make a bi-monthly payment to DCL for them too.
For those who don't know you can pre-pay your onboard credits, the number to call is the same as you would use to make gift purchases with Gifts Ahoy. 1-800-601-8455
Don't forget to use your Disney Visa to make those purchases, might as well get in a few more points to use aboard.

Ginger, why not put the money in a savings account where you can earn interest instead of Disney getting the money ahead of time?

I'm better off paying it out like a bill, cause.

If I put it into the bank I'll watch it grow. Then I'll start thinking we don't really need to go on that cruise, we can go with another cruiselines for alot less money at a better time of year.
Then I'll look out of my front window onto my old driveway and think, we could really use a new one. Then I'll start working numbers around to pay for that new driveway. Next thing you know I 'm on the phone canceling this cruise and calling contractors for a price on that driveway. Wonder how many good memories that new driveway will give me?
So is that little bit of interest worth me missing this cruise????? I don't think so.

Hi ALL,

I haven't been on this thread in quite a while. I cannot believe how long it is now. Awesome!!

Anyway...I went back and skimmed the last few pages. I can see there's been talk of an itinerary change. I do hope they do something about Puerto Quetzal. The DCL web site now has us arriving at 8am and leaving at 12:20pm. There isn't much to do there to begin with and now we only have 4 hrs.

I am so anxious for some glimpses into the entertainment planned for the 14 day cruises. I know Disney will do it right but I just cannot wait to get some details.

Jess

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter