August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways

I interviewed for a new job today. Not sure I really want it though. I love my school but am looking for less paperwork. I hope that things work out for the best which ever that may be? I hope that the principal can see past the fact that I have the best qualifications and see if I really am the best fit for the program. We'll, see come Monday. I don't know what I will do if they offer me the job? YIKES!

Monica

Hope that things fall out for the best....whatever that ends up being!

Anyone going to WDW this summer? We dds and DM and I leave on June 12.

Monica

No - dang it. Jack going back to school is going to seriously crimp our money this year...or so...but it will be worth it in the long run. I've promised the kids that we will WDW it in 2010!

Barbara

Hi ladies!

School is out for me - graduation is tomorow. Summer school doesn't start until the 27th so my house may actually get cleaned....but honestly I'm not holding my breath!

Kids are in school until June 4. DH is going back for his masters degree starting in early June.....

Woo Hoo!

Anyone going to WDW this summer? We dds and DM and I leave on June 12.

Monica

Good luck with the job decision. We aren't going again until December/January. :sad2: It will have been a year since we've been -- that's a long time for us. I got spoiled last year with two family trips, a work trip and a girls trip.

Helen -- how's the weather now? We were at 90 today and muggy, but tomorrow should be cooler.

Happy Mother's Day to the Mom's in the group, and to their Mom's. :)

Sorry about short replies - been hectic here

Weather nice we re at 20 degress c this weekend!

Its 6 :30 am here -

wish us luck just leaving for a dog comp

I'll let you know how we get on later

fingers x:flower3:

Hi all,
Sadly no trip to wdw this year -our next visit will be around our cruise -so it quite a away off .

For those who dont know I have 3 dogs Sally (15yrs) Ben (nearly 7yrs) and Floss (3yrs)

We compete around the Uk in a dogs sport called flyball
see http://www.flyball.org.uk/official/firstcon.pdf

Well yesterday Ben's team did not come anywhere -but Floss's came 2nd in her division :banana:

This is Ben doing Flyball

BenCarltonTowers2006.jpg

PICT0267.jpg

This is Floss
FlossPortraitApril2006.jpg

and Floss as a pup
Picture36-1.jpg

Floss during a starters competition ( jumps are netted in)
DSC_0068.jpg

Sally
Sallyx.jpg

Take care - hope you liked the piccies
x

Your dogs are beautiful!

I have a fat little mix dog (Bear) that is 12 years old. My girls love him. Luckily he is still in good health.

I did get the job and took it. I feel much better about it now. Change is always hard at first but I think it will be good for me. I won't start until August at the beginning of the school year.

Monica

Helen -- I always love seeing pics of your fur babies. Congrats on the competition.

Monica -- congrats on taking the new job!

Hi all,

I just thought I would offer this idea, I won't mind or be offended if you do not want to take it up.

Last year on my med cruise, one of the fellow diser's organised a meet- however it was brunch at Palo in the private room.

The private room is just off to one side in Palo, and we had our own server. This room holds a max of 13 0r 14 can't remember exactly.

It was a really great morning .

How it worked - they put a request into DCL and we found out about 30 days before sailing if we were successful. (They often keepthe room incase of VIP's)

In the meantime at 90 days we made our bookings - I actually managed to grab a Palo brunch. At 30 days out I had to cancel my booking when they said that the room was available. They wouldn't let me have 2 Palo brunches ;)

If anyone is intrested in doing this - let me know and I would be happy to organise it(or at least try to) - With it being in Palo it is over 18's only.

Let me know anyhow
Here's the photo of us (and me & Dave) at our brunch :goodvibes
PICT0414-1.jpg

;) :flower3:

I think that sounds like great fun! My parents are visiting this weekend and we were actually talking about wanting a Palo brunch!

Plan away!

Thanks!

Helen -- a great idea! Randy and I are in. :goodvibes

Let me know if you need help with it.

I think that sounds like great fun! My parents are visiting this weekend and we were actually talking about wanting a Palo brunch!

Plan away!

Thanks!

Hi Barbara,

Let me know after your parents have visited this weekend -how many adults you would have in your party.

Kind regards
Helen x

We've actually not done the brunch. We had it scheduled once, but cancelled it because we were having fun with our boys and they weren't real big on the clubs at that time. They will be old enough when we sail next summer that they can choose to go to the clubs for a couple of hours, or stick together in the arcade or sports deck. The little Motorola radios work really well on the ship so I could keep close track of them, and they know the ship well as it will be their fifth trip.

Thanks again.

We would LOVE to join! Beware though my dh will make a total pig of himself. He feels it is his duty to try everything. Well except shellfish, that would not be pretty!

I know this is early to think about but:
Would we each need to make our own reservations for the specific date and then they would be linked later on, if available, to the private room? Or we could make res. for any date then if it is available cancel the original individual date?

Great idea! I'm glad I have veterans on my side.

Monica

Yes! Tomorrow is the last day of school!

I am very excited esp. since we leave for WDW in a week. My girls do not know yet. I am sending them a package from Cinderella with disney items and a letter inviting them. I am going to give it to them the day before. I plan to have the video ready for that one. DD5 thinks she doesn't get to go until she's 7.

I have a million things to do still. My dh is staying home and my mom is going with us.

Monica

Monica -- that is so neat! Be sure you take lots of light clothes. I have a friend there now and she said with the heat index it's 100.

I hope you guys have a terrific time!

Hi All,

I'm so sorry I've not had a chance to get on here recently, I'm into the last 5 weeks of school here in the UK and believe me its mad. We've got so much going on and ontop of everything its report time.

Ok in my absense I emailed the Dis'er who organised our palo brunch last year and asked him a few questions, he kindly replied the following;

Requests are reviewed approximately 30 days prior to sail date and needs a minimum 5 day business notice. Requests are subject to availability.

The following information should be included on the fax:

Reservation Number
Reason for request Brunch Private Room at Palo
Sail Date July 28th 2007 11 NIGHT Med cruise
Number of Guests 14 adults
Contact Name
Phone Number UK
Email and/or Fax Number

Hello can I ask for your help, I am on the above cruise it will be my fourth DCL cruise and I have another booked in 2008 The 8/17/2008 Repo.

I would like to ask you if a group of friends could reserve the private dinning area of Palos for Brunch one of the sea days. My preference will be for the first sea day after Barcelona. The 29th.

But if booked any sea day. The reason is we all post on the Disboards and have been posting on the cruise meets thread there getting to know each other, and would like to meet up at Palo’s.

I contacted last year and was told it was too soon, many of these cruisers will try to book Palos by themselves soon and to assist planning it would be nice to know if its possible in advance of this to ensure no double booking or clashes etc.

I would greatly appreciate you help and I can supply all of the confirmation numbers for the cruisers to help the booking.

So !

What I need to know if you would like to do this is;

Can you PM me the names of the people who would like to do this (I have 12 places)
Also if you don't mind the reservation numbers - I promise I will only include this in my fax to DCL and will not disclose it to anyone else.

As soon as I have filled the 14 places I will fax DCL. We will find out approx 30 days before sailing whether we have it - so make you own reservations at 90/75 days and if we get the group you will need to cancel them. I hope this is ok with everyone

Take care
best wishes Helenx

Just wanted to say welcome to our thread

If you are on this cruise , please feel free to join in and let us know who you are!

A list of diser's who are on this cruise is on the first page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter